Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Zandamela?

Discussion in 'Awesome Recruiting' started by gatorlips, Apr 17, 2024.

1. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

The ceiling actually works better. Ideally it hangs up there for about 3 or 4 seconds before it drops. If it stays up there it’s overcooked for sure

Last edited: Apr 30, 2024
    • Funny Funny x 2
  2. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

Anyone here know when this dude is supposed to make his decision? Supposed to be today right?

3. Gatorhead

Gatorhead GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Philadelphia
    Indeed, he has to declare today.

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  4. spike718

spike718 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    he does not. You have to declare to enter the portal by today (and then the school has up until 48 hours later to announce it).

Zandamela (or any player that) has already entered the portal. He can decide at any time where he wants to transfer to. Just depends on when he wants to enroll at the school of his choice and that schools enrollment requirements/deadlines.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. Gatorhead

Gatorhead GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Philadelphia
    Thank you for the correction, I will admit that I find all this NIL, Transfer Portal, Conference Reorganization stuff a bit hard to follow sometimes.
    (Apologies Skink)

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  6. atlantagator86

atlantagator86 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Clearwater, FL
    While we may all think the Swamp is clearly the loudest and most intimidating stadium, other smaller stadiums now pipe in sound, music and lights and have loud fans to create a similar atmosphere. We used to be one of the very loudest stadiums, and we still are for the big games, but let's face it, other than the biggest rivalry games, particularly the way our team has performed the last decade, the Swamp hasn't been quite as intimidating as it used to be.

Some kids want to play at an elite level against the best competition and show they're the best. Other kids want to play where they can be a superstar. I'd like to think that since this kid chose to go all the way to LA to play at USC, that he'll want to compete in the SEC.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Crusher

Crusher GC Hall of Fame

Apr 19, 2007
    The Swamp can still get to jet takeoff loud in big games....just ask anyone who was at 2022's Utah game. Unfortunately what has made the Swamp less intimidating over the last 15 years or so is the average product we've put on the field....not the fans or any lack of their enthusiastic support when the team plays well.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. atlantagator86

Apr 3, 2007
    Clearwater, FL
    Yep. That's exactly my point. That Auburn game a few years back with the Perine TD was really loud. But until we put a consistently good product on the field, it won't be as loud and it won't be the selling point it once was. I don't even think we have to in the NC hunt. We just need to convincingly win the games we should be expected to win and be competitive and hopefully win a few of the big games.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. antny1

antny1 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 3, 2019
    Maybe it was malzahn taking a shot at auburns bitter rival but I loved hearing him say the Swamp was louder than LSU's death valley without question after playing in both stadiums back to back weeks. For all oh his negativity, Princeley has said the same thing even after transferring from Florida.

• Like Like x 1
  10. DieAGator

DieAGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Yes, simple really. Staffs can lose fans just as they can lose a locker room.

11. cheatng8tr

cheatng8tr Junior

Dec 10, 2021
    I went to that Auburn game with my boss, who was an Auburn grad. He had never been to Florida Field before. He started stuffing paper in his ears during the pre-game. I thought he was kidding but he said our stadium was definitely louder than Auburn's. When Perine busted that run, the sound was about as loud as I ever heard in the stadium. I looked over at my boss and he had his head between his knees with his hands covering his ears. It, literally, was too much for him. On the way home, he said he thought Auburn was loud but our stadium was on a whole different level.

• Like Like x 4
  12. antny1

antny1 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 3, 2019
    I miss the old Saturday night ESPN coverage where the crowd noise wasn't as filtered out as it is today. You could hear the artificial drop in crowd noise during the Utah game. It robbed the feeling of the atmosphere in my opinion

13. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Our home schedule is elite and we will make The Swamp loud again. I also missed the Utah game but I heard how loud it was on TV... and everyone that went to the game live and in person said it was as loud as ever...

By the way screw the Auburn's and other schools that pipe in noise just to fake genuine fan loudness. The Swamp don't need no stinking fake noise.

Last edited: May 1, 2024
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  14. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    Kinda but wiltfong is right a vast majority of the time meaning he knows something. Kids change their minds and bigger offers come but wiltfong isn’t throwing crap against the wall.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

Meanwhile no word from Zan……

16. INGATORSWETRUST

INGATORSWETRUST GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Florida
    I think what has made the Swamp less intimidating is not letting in life long Gator legacy children/families in favor of highest GPA/SAT score/AP courses taken, with no love of Gators or football. Big nerd fest in the stands

• Like x 2
    • Agree x 2
    • Funny x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Wish I would have said that x 1
  17. DeBigLeezard

DeBigLeezard GC Hall of Fame

Feb 25, 2010
    Sad to say, but I have heard the same thing happening in Athens.

18. tommyvee

tommyvee GC Hall of Fame

May 16, 2007
    The Swamp only got intimidating when Spurrier brought them wins to town. Win and it won’t matter what kinda nerds are in the stands.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
  19. atlantagator86

Apr 3, 2007
    Clearwater, FL
    There's probably some truth to that, but I think that's happening at just about every single public land grant university. Academic standards have gone way up everywhere.

20. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

Disappointing he can’t seem to decide between UF and UCF, especially coming out of Clearwater. If he’s playing the highest bidder game then we’re better off without him.