Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

With AR gone to the NFL, CBN needs to transfer portal hard

Discussion in 'Awesome Recruiting' started by LearnedGator, Dec 5, 2022.

1. carolinagator_772

carolinagator_772 Senior

Jan 2, 2021
    10-2

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. lizardbreath

lizardbreath GC Hall of Fame

Aug 30, 2017
    Pace, FL
    ...more like nonexistent. Tebow as a sophomore went 7-4 while winning a Heisman trophy. And that team was extremely young - but loaded with future stars. If next year's team wins 7 or 8 games with Rashada at the helm for a significant portion of the season, I'll be quite happy. Of course, nothing is written in stone until we see what happens in the portal and by NSD - especially at QB. Perhaps a strong group of transfers with a few wunderkind freshmen could exceed expectations, but I'm prepared to be patient as long as necessary. I honestly don't expect to challenge for any kind of championship for at least two or three years. It just is what it is.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. TrueGator

TrueGator GC Hall of Fame

Nov 11, 2014
    To me, it seemed somewhere in between. If AR had been consistently accurate, he would have had a season like Trask. Those defenses were similarly bad.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Wish I would have said that Wish I would have said that x 1
  4. chunks1

chunks1 All American

Jan 2, 2014
    Maybe you should read the post again.

5. Juggernautz

Juggernautz Don't tread on me! VIP Member

Apr 17, 2007
    Yulee, FL
    Cure ious

6. NoviG8r

NoviG8r Freshman

Apr 9, 2007
    Correct. We do want to see notable improvement and to be competitive in games, and if we should find ourselves in a race for some hardware later in the season, then great. To accomplish this, we need a couple of serviceable QB's. Jack Miller may be one of those, but despite a couple of years learning at the collegiate level, he has not yet demonstrated that ability. A 1-year transfer from the portal gives us time to transition to '24, allow the younger QB's to get some experience, and still be competitive.

7. nsbgator

nsbgator Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Any one have knowledge about when we might expect some portal signings>