Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Willy Korn for OC

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by 62gator, Dec 5, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ufmc84

ufmc84 All American

Aug 13, 2017
    By reasonable shot you mean the sanctimonious decision makers wouldn’t consider Kiffin. I don’t believe that’s reasonable, that’s par for the course bad decision making by the folks at UF.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
  2. ridgetop

ridgetop GC Hall of Fame

Aug 4, 2020
    Top of the ridge
    I really do not want in the pissing contest…
    But I’m not sure looking at Kiffins “stellar” coaching history would lead one to thinking he was a sure thing hire…

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. ufmc84

ufmc84 All American

Aug 13, 2017
    Right, and that line of thinking led him to staying at Ole Miss completing an 11 win season which is exactly the number of wins we have in the past two seasons.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  4. MarineG8R

MarineG8R GC Hall of Fame

Nov 19, 2014
    Didn’t Michigan just get busted for sign stealing? And their biggest competition couldn’t score a TD against Mizz?

Maybe UF should join the BIG10

5. theycallmecoach

theycallmecoach All American

Sep 25, 2017
    Kiffen was never a consideration. He fits better at outlaw schools like Ole Miss.

Ole Miss seems to be a nice school but there are few controls on athletics there IMHO. And Lame Kitten likes that.

If we wanted to get a cheater we would have to get someone with a really clean reputation that could pass the smell test with our administration.

They are not going to go for anyone who is not squeaky clean.

We are going for the Harvard look. Or someone said Vanderbilt. A school like that.

It is a big change but we have become a majority Republican state now so our leaders want the pious look IMHO. And super high academics. I probably could not get in the door any more.

As with anything some like it. Some do not.

• Creative Creative x 1
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  6. paidinfull

paidinfull GC Hall of Fame

Feb 22, 2017
    It’s the type of contract you have to give any coach nowadays. If you’re not willing to, someone else is. Any coach coming here is going to get guaranteed money, and a top salary. If he’s fired early in his contract, he’ll be owed a hefty buyout. Don’t give them these things, they go somewhere else. You can blame whoever the first school that started giving these insane deals out for it, but that’s the way it is now. The buyout is their job security, and they ain’t coming here without it.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  7. theycallmecoach

Sep 25, 2017
    No, we are going for the IVY League along with Vandy!

8. ufmc84

ufmc84 All American

Aug 13, 2017
    How is Lane Kiffin cheating? The constant defending passing on him is comical at this point.

• Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. MarineG8R

MarineG8R GC Hall of Fame

Nov 19, 2014
    It that’s the case fans should seriously lower their expectations and the administration should re-evaluate how much money they are paying this staff.

10. ridgetop

ridgetop GC Hall of Fame

Aug 4, 2020
    Top of the ridge
    Noooo
    How he left (and coach d) UTenn (cheating scandal), how he was left (tarmac) at USC ( and cheating scandal), might be why UF passed on him. There was NOTHING to suggest he would be a decent HC at a major university. Ole Miss took a chance and seems that it has worked. Could have have just as easily imploded in their face. You seem to have a burr in your butt about Napier ( who has had only 2 years). That’s fine, I’m less than thrilled with him as well.. but won’t defend Kiffin as some great amazing easily predicted hire.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. ufstrong57

ufstrong57 Junior

Nov 13, 2023
    In a way we are somewhat Vandy. :(

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. ufmc84

ufmc84 All American

Aug 13, 2017
    Focusing solely on what he did early in his coaching career and ignoring what he did as OC at Alabama, HC at FAU, and his first two years at Ole Miss is exactly what I’m talking about. The problem isn’t with Billy Napier, it’s with the UAA, the mega donors influencing bad decisions, and the AD. We are broken, they had a “risk” to take between Kiffin and Napier. Some risks are greater than others and just like with McElwain we have come up snake eyes again.

• Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  13. We all know he is the OC in name only. For whatever reason Napier did not want to give Sales a promotion without the OC title while also telling everyone in press conferences that he calls the plays himself. As the head coach he is free to pay his assistant coaches whatever he wants with any duty title. His duty title is OC and OL coach, but Napier’s own words about calling the plays and designing the scripted plays imply that Sales is a co-OC at best.

14. scooterp

scooterp GC Hall of Fame

Feb 15, 2012
    It’s comical because some people keep bringing him up like it’s ever going to happen.

I don’t know if he’s cheating but there is a lot of baggage. It’s never been a consideration and I don’t think it ever will be. He would never survive here anyway.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. drcgator

drcgator Junior

Nov 19, 2017
    It would be nice to keep political opinions and thinly veiled political bias out of a discussion on a freaking potential OC discussion.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. ridgetop

ridgetop GC Hall of Fame

Aug 4, 2020
    Top of the ridge
    It would be GREAT to actually getting back to talking about WK or any OC instead of this drivel.
    Maybe those that want to complain, bitch, etc could start their own thread to discuss the things that get their panties all knotted up? If only there was a place, a way, to do that so that those looking for actual info or conversation centered in the thread topic could find it in the thread without washing hip deep through the poo.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. theycallmecoach

Sep 25, 2017
    The whole thread is basically a political thread as our athletic problems stem from political decisions. I do not think that there is any way to get around the political nature of college athletics in Florida and who controls it at the moment.

College athletic programs are political entities IMHO.

And the truth is the truth. There was no political bias - only the truth but I will try to be more careful when telling the truth in the future.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. fox

fox GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Florida Beachland
    Mrs. Korn was spotted in Spurrier's munching on a Cob salad

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  19. eastowest

eastowest GC Hall of Fame

May 13, 2007
    Guess I'll watch Oregon vs Liberty tomorrow and see what he's about.

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. theycallmecoach

Sep 25, 2017
    Is there a Mrs. Korn? I have not checked for that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.