Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Will Griffin

Discussion in 'Awesome Recruiting' started by candymanfromgc, Jun 1, 2024.

1. filamg8torfan

filamg8torfan GC Legend

Mar 17, 2019
    It is thrashy. It's shameful really.

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. lizardbreath

lizardbreath GC Hall of Fame

Aug 30, 2017
    Pace, FL
    It's as if some folks live by a philosophy that equates to "I took a dump in the punch bowl of life, therefore I am."

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Wish I would have said that Wish I would have said that x 1
  3. fox

fox GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Florida Beachland
    And therefore I is smarter than you.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Claygator

Claygator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    I didn't say their coach sucked.

5. DieAGator

DieAGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    A lot of teams have FR and SOs on roster. I think bama and georgia have about 50 each.

6. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    But they are not depending on them to win. They have juniors and seniors that have been in these programs four and five years. I take a look at our roster and do not expect a ton out of them this year no matter how good the coaching is. We are probably looking at 5 to 8 wins and coaching might not make the difference in five and eight wins

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    You can’t make a silk purse from alligator hide, and if that offensive line is not good and those linebackers don’t perform, there’s nothing Napier can do about it

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. DieAGator

Apr 3, 2007
    I believe Bama has 40ish JR/SR so about 45 FR/SO, we have 40+ JR/SR, perhaps not the same level as Bama. Bama may not be the best example since they lost a slew of guys when Saban departed. But they have about the same roster experience as do we. They should face the same challenges as UF so we will see how their staff navigates the season.

9. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    The difference is, they recruited those kids and they’ve been together 3-5 years. We have a bunch of portal guys that are unproven. It’s deserving that they have a ton of returning starters that are projected all sec and future draft picks. How many of our guys do you expect to get drafted next year? Not many is my guess. Our future nfl guys aren’t even draft eligible.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. DieAGator

Apr 3, 2007
    Why contend coaching may not make the difference when you witnessed coaching make such a difference last season? As well, our JRs and SRs have been playing football since they were boys. Most have been on roster since Napier arrived so they have been in his system, program, under his development. Our portal players have experience and talent(we believe) so their being new to the team should not be an excuse. The portal allows staffs to bring in players they evaluate as ready-to-play.

Bama may have more continuity and talent but also lost more than any school I know of to the portal. As the season progresses, if they appear to be a solid, well coached team, bare in mind that their HC came from a school that arguably recruited close to UF since 2019 and had a similar if not worse record. When Deboer arrived and their team changed immediately.
    Washington Huskies College Football History, Stats, Records | College Football at Sports-Reference.com

2019 Industry Football Team Recruiting Rankings

11. DieAGator

Apr 3, 2007
    Yes, there is something Napier can or should have done about it. Why would you say it's out of his control? His right hand man has been responsible for recruiting and developing our OL. LB? We should be better. If not this season, when, 2026?

12. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    I think he’s done pretty well at getting talent to Florida, which was not there when he got there. They are just too young to win us big SEC games as of this year. It may end up getting him fired, but the talent he has stockpiled will start to show in 25 and 26.

13. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

We get it. You don’t like our coach. So with that understood, can you please spare us the multiple posts all essentially saying the same thing?

• Like Like x 3
    • Wish I would have said that Wish I would have said that x 2