Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Will Griffin

Discussion in 'Awesome Recruiting' started by candymanfromgc, Jun 1, 2024.

1. DieAGator

DieAGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Define competing. If we cannot win more than 6 games this season you probably have your answer but I would agree that it could take at least another season for anything to transpire.

2. Crusher

Crusher GC Hall of Fame

Apr 19, 2007
    6 straight seasons of "not competing?" I can't say it won't happen, but if it does, it will be some other coach taking those lumps in 2026 and not Napier.

3. murphree_hall

murphree_hall VIP Member

Jul 11, 2019
    I hear you, but this is short-sighted and part of our problem. Why are we arbitrarily assigning extra significance to this season? We need to stay the course and be patient. Reestablishing a winning tradition could take 4-5 years. It might take 6. Look how long it took Harbaugh to get his ring at Michigan. Their fans were clamoring for him to get fired years ago. Impatience and rushing the process by our fanbase helps nothing.

• Winner Winner x 4
  4. fox

fox GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Florida Beachland
    Back in the mix in '26!

Lagway in ' 25 as a full time starter getting the SEC starter experience he needs to make it to the final game in '26 with a proper supporting cast and depth on both sides of the ball.

Enjoy the ride!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. kryptonite

kryptonite GC Hall of Fame

Dec 12, 2008
    That's pretty much my sentiment as well, but the example of Harbaugh is apples and oranges with CBN. Harbaugh learned how to cheat in the NFL. CBN hasn't.

6. gatorwalrus

gatorwalrus GC Hall of Fame

Sep 24, 2022
    If Napier was 20-6 like Harbaugh was in his first 2 seasons, you wouldn't hear a peep about his job security.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. murphree_hall

murphree_hall VIP Member

Jul 11, 2019
    That's not the point. The point is that many Michigan fans wanted Harbaugh gone years ago because they were impatient. Impatience is impatience... the perceived justification for it isn't the issue here.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. fox

fox GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Florida Beachland
    Patience takes brass balls. There's 2 kinds of posters on this forum. One of them doesn't has brass balls.

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  9. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

Michigan never had to be concerned over investigations and sanctions. Florida always will

• Agree Agree x 5
  10. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

DUH

Last edited: Jun 3, 2024
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. gatorwalrus

Sep 24, 2022
    The timeline is different though. UM was getting restless after year 3 and 4 in which they had consecutive worse records. 4 years is a lot of patience by most any programs standards. Lets also not forget that horrible year 4 was 8-5, again completely different. By the same logic we should still have Mullen because he would be winning SEC titles right now.

Having said that, all these comparisons are nothing but empty forum talk anyways because they have 0 predictive qualities. What coach X did at university Y 5 years ago is completely irrelevant.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Wish I would have said that Wish I would have said that x 1
  12. gatorwalrus

Sep 24, 2022
    Yeah, I know what you mean. Takes a real man with endless courage and commitment to post opinions that most agree with on an internet forum.
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  13. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    This roster needs a couple more years in my opinion. I hope we show improvement but we are still far behind the top teams. Competing means having a chance to knock off Georgia and Bama.

• Agree Agree x 3
  14. fox

fox GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Florida Beachland
    And it takes a true pussy to endlessly whine and deniigrate his own team.

As a proud UF alum in all kinds of weather I'll support players and coaches who represent us well and do their best. My manhood is not reliant on rankings and wins.

It takes a special kind of douche to piss on a thread about an incredible recruit.

• Winner x 7
    • Like x 4
    • Agree x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • Wish I would have said that x 1
    • Best Post Ever x 1
  15. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

BOOM!

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

I know - it’s almost like they’re trying to run him off. Not saying that’s his intent, but there are people in this forum who would have that agenda

• Agree Agree x 7
  17. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    That may be true, and it may also be a mistake. Expecting this year’s roster to compete with Georgia, Alabama or Texas is just plain foolish.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Crusher

Crusher GC Hall of Fame

Apr 19, 2007
    Fortunately we don't play Alabama. We should be able to compete with the remaining 10 teams on our schedule. Being unable to do so will indicate a problem that I have doubts that time could cure. I'm hoping for a much better season than the 3 prior miserable years.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. garettk

garettk GC Hall of Fame

Oct 3, 2008
    Mayo, FL
    I do think a noticeable jump is possible with a healthy team. Not a big stretch to believe Shemar getting hurt cost two wins. No mention of OL injuries.

• Agree Agree x 5
  20. gator_n_sc

gator_n_sc GC Hall of Fame

Oct 8, 2013
    If Harbaugh played in the SEC he wouldn't have been 20-6 and he wouldn't have made it to the title game.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1