Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Will being childless hurt Kamala Harris with women?

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by okeechobee, Jul 24, 2024.

1. okeechobee

okeechobee GC Hall of Fame

Sep 11, 2022
    There is a chance the Megyn Kelly interview was his explanation for the comments (which he actually did a pretty good job of and Kelly pointed to Dems who had raised similar concerns). He probably lets is fade away in the news cycle now. But he almost had to expound, which is what he did and now he’ll let it be.

2. 92gator

92gator GC Hall of Fame

Jun 14, 2007
    I hope so. That's just not a winng angle. Imho, it's bait. Since he said it, those words will be thrown in his face, and the inclination will be to defend it defiantly, while the play to make, is difuse and divert.

Take control of the messaging, and go positive. Stay positive. That's VP roll. Support from behind, not clear the path like the marine corps.

3. SotaGator

SotaGator Junior

Apr 4, 2014
    One citizen (of voting age), one vote. No matter how many kids you have or how good / lousy a parent you are.
    No matter what pets you own or don't. Whether you are a homeowner or not. Employed or not. What race or creed. And so forth.
    Anything else is just absurd and grossly un-American.

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  4. okeechobee

Sep 11, 2022
    Meh, the Harris campaign brought it up, not Vance. He had to explain his words. Still 100 days until the election. This will be old news by next weekend.

• Like Like x 1
  5. RealGatorFan

RealGatorFan Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    It depends. Has she tried and can't or has she and her husband decided they don't want a family? If they decided not to have a family I think it should exclude from making decisions affecting families. I used to think I didn't need a family to understand what it takes to have one and I was so very wrong. Until you experience it, you can never know. I guess that's true for everything right? If I know nothing about football, should that exclude me from being a football coach? No, you can't add, "but what if you learned?". I'm talking about never knowing a thing about football. Much like in her case. She will never know what it is to be a mom. They could have adopted, can do so now. I would tip my hat to her if she did especially if she got to her age today and wanted to be a mom but can't due to age. My wife actually wants to be a foster mom because we've raised 3 of our own and she wants to go through it all again. You can't know that feeling until you have done it.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  6. NavyGator93

NavyGator93 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 4, 2015
    Georgia
    So a president will have to have first hand knowledge to make decisions on anything? Never served so can't be the commander in chief? Wasn't a border guard so no immigration laws? Not an economist so.....?

The CEO of a company doesn't have to master every aspect of a company, just needs to hire the right people and listen to them.

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  7. SotaGator

SotaGator Junior

Apr 4, 2014
    It's we the people, not me and some people.
    Wow. Fitness for elected office based upon whether one is a biological parent? How arbitrary. How bizarre.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
  8. okeechobee

Sep 11, 2022
    I wouldn't go that far. My original question is will this hurt her as a candidate to become the first female POTUS in history? Not if it disqualifies her. I think it may enough to knock a percentage point off her vote totals. I think Kamala already has a problem with male voters as it is. Even more so than Hillary. If she wasn't the running to become the first female POTUS, I don't think it would matter at all. But I think the first female will inevitably have to be a mom and likely a Republican. The Dems are nominating these divisive (Hillary) and radical (Harris) candidates to become the first female POTUS. I don't think it will fly in the USA.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
  9. SotaGator

SotaGator Junior

Apr 4, 2014
    Answer to original question. NO, it will not hurt her with the majority of Americans. Full stop.
    The gentleman (Okee) doth protest too much, methinks.

10. gaterzfan

gaterzfan GC Hall of Fame

Feb 6, 2020
    It is unimaginable to me that a decent, reasonably intelligent, normal human could "dislike" your post. Some "people" never cease to amaze. I applaud your wife's interest in fostering .... it takes a very special person to foster.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  11. gatorchamps0607

gatorchamps0607 Always Rasta VIP Member

Aug 14, 2007
    Gallatin, TN
    She can hire people and get a VP that can relate to people with children. Maybe its a good thing as kids are an emotional liability. The best way to hurt someone is through the people around them. She can focus solely on the job at hand.

12. duggers_dad

duggers_dad GC Hall of Fame

Jan 5, 2022
    Sorry if I missed it, but does she own cats ?

• Funny Funny x 2
  13. rtgator

rtgator Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Will being brainless hurt Donald Trump with women and men?

• Funny Funny x 4
  14. obgator

obgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Can a twice divorced rapist make decisions for families?

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 5
  15. mikemcd810

mikemcd810 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Well said. It's mind-boggling what people will defend because someone on their "team" said it.

• Agree Agree x 5
  16. swampbabe

swampbabe GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Viera, FL
    So….if a man has never been pregnant he should shut up about it? The post you quoted is quite the self own :D

• Agree Agree x 5
  17. chemgator

chemgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    The role absolutely requires a person to keep their mouth shut (once they actually are V.P.), for the most part, lest you say something contrary to the President's policies or wishes. But it does require some qualifications and ability to campaign. They just need to campaign on the presidential candidate's program. It is not a gag order. They do not have to be quiet and stand in the corner. They typically spend time lobbying Congress and collecting votes for various agenda items.

Dan Quayle just was too young and stupid to contribute meaningfully to government. Cheney was actually a halfway-decent V.P., and one could argue the brains in the White House compared to GWB. He just came across as a bit shady.

If a V.P. candidate is as dumb as a rock, like Vance appears to be, then I agree: less is more. He should probably stand still and wave to the crowds with his mouth shut. He's not much dumber than Trump is, but Trump has charisma, and Trump really believes the lies he tells: he's a professional con-artist.

18. orangeblue_coop

orangeblue_coop GC Hall of Fame

Nov 19, 2016
    Yikes lol

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. chemgator

chemgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    The problem Vance is having is that he is not Donald Trump. He is saying some of the same kinds of bat-sh!t insane things that Trump says, but he is not a consummate con-man like Trump is. Trump has right-wing America eating out of his hand, and he has demonstrated that he can say pretty much anything, tell any lie, and his followers will believe him. When a shady character like Vance says similar things, it is jarring for the unwashed masses, because they do not worship him as their savior, so they know he's lying. It's Vance's job to give the campaign (and its policies) respectability (like Mike Pence tried to do), not to be the same level of juvenile-jackass that Trump is.

20. Orange_and_Bluke

Orange_and_Bluke Premium Member

Dec 16, 2015
    Some people cannot be trusted to vote responsibly.
    Hint, purple hair, gender-confused, politically violent libbies are suspect.
    Also those libbies without children of their own…their vote should count as half a vote.
    Change my mind.

• Dislike Dislike x 1