Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Will being childless hurt Kamala Harris with women?

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by okeechobee, Jul 24, 2024.

1. SotaGator

SotaGator Junior

Apr 4, 2014
    Anytime anyone is married with kids ..... what a load of bullhonkey.
    So members of, say, Moms for Liberty are considered more nicey-nice and trustworthy due to perceptions?

What you've really touched on is it's easier for people to identify with someone who looks like you, acts like you or resembles people you know. But America is becoming far more diverse (ooh, that dirty word) and we will be far better off if folks learn to expand their viewpoints of others. My mama said to not judge a book by its cover.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007

3. Gatorrick22

Apr 3, 2007

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. ajoseph

ajoseph Premium Member

Jan 15, 2008
    I’m not sure I agree with you here. The pubs have set out their talking points which lead people to(falsely) believe that Dems want unlimited, unfettered abortion. Trump said as much in the last debate when he delivered one of his lies that Roe and the Dems stand for the proposition that a newly born baby can be slaughtered. Disgusting.

As of now, I think the abortion ballot in Florida is losing. Absent a huge advertising blitz with perfect messaging, the ballot will fail. And soI am deeply concerned that the “abortion hill” is one that will win for them.

5. ajoseph

ajoseph Premium Member

Jan 15, 2008
    Yeah … but The Book of Revelations …

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. ajoseph

ajoseph Premium Member

Jan 15, 2008
    I’m reading this thread and seeing the attacks between posters as to whether a Step mom is a “real mom” and other stupid, inane attacks.

And then I realized this all stems from a MAGA talking point—from the VP candidate who may very well step into the shoes of the Presidency given Trump’s age.

This entire thread demonstrates to me that the MAGA platform is designed and constructed to divide and creat discord. Is there even a shred of universal decency in anything MAGA promotes?

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
  7. Gatorrick22

Apr 3, 2007
    Who said Harris had kids or that she knew what it was like to raise them? Her communist ways are the only thing people should be concerned about her. The kids thingy is a side show that must not be a distraction from her completely communist views for America. She also wants to legalize all the illegals and keep the borders open for even millions more to come in.

Kamala Harris Will Have A New Daughter-In-Law Soon

8. mrhansduck

mrhansduck GC Hall of Fame

Nov 23, 2021
    Maybe there is updated data, but a Fox News poll from last month reflected enough support for it to win. I am surprised that the number for the abortion amendment was higher than the marijuana amendment.

Florida voters support marijuana, abortion amendments in Fox News poll

A new Fox News poll shows broad support in Florida for proposed constitutional amendments on the 2024 ballot allowing recreational marijuana and protecting access to abortion.

Of the more than 1,000 voters surveyed in early June, 66% were in support of the pot measure (Amendment 3) and 69% favorable of the abortion one (Amendment 4).

Amendments need no less than 60% statewide approval to pass.

• Like Like x 1
  9. ajoseph

ajoseph Premium Member

Jan 15, 2008
    That’s great news (to me). I know DeSantis has stated his team will be unleashing a massive campaign against the Amendment in the coming months.

10. slayerxing

slayerxing GC Hall of Fame

Aug 14, 2007
    Can you link that? everything I have read indicates about 60% support - which tracks with the longitudinal data collection on this issue.

• Like Like x 1
  11. ajoseph

ajoseph Premium Member

Jan 15, 2008
    And can’t link anything without spending time to research. But see post 208, which tracks like you say it does.

• Like Like x 1
  12. mrhansduck

mrhansduck GC Hall of Fame

Nov 23, 2021
    I wonder if those like Vance who are concerned about Harris not having biological kids -or not having helped raised step-kids from a young enough age - have the same concern about people running for Congress or maybe they think it only matters to be President? I note that Matt Gaetz' primary opponent has four kids, which arguably makes him super qualified. Of course, I do recall that Gaetz previously said that he has secretly been a father to someone named Nestor for years.

13. rock8591

rock8591 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Depending on how the question is phrased in an poll, that is very probable. Because in real life, perception and reality are two different things.

Society's perception if someone is almost 40 but is unmarried and with no kids (using myself as an example) = he's a wierdo. The same applies if he's an extreme gun enthusiast/collector/nut, motorcycle nut, likes extreme sports, has unusual hobbies, owns exotic pets, has multiple tattoos, etc.

"Girls date the bad boy, marry the good guy."

Again, perception versus reality.

And in any election, something as little as a 1% vote swing, especially in a purple state goes a long way.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2024
    • Agree Agree x 2
  14. okeechobee

okeechobee GC Hall of Fame

Sep 11, 2022
    Speaking truth. There are now newspaper photos turning up of Kamala kissing Willie Brown at one of his campaign events. She was 29, he was 60 and he was married. The issue here is that she did it out in the open for the world to see. As you said, perception is reality. And there are going to be some women who are turned off by the fact she was kissing a married man twice her age in front of newspaper cameras and onlookers.

Now watch our lovable lefties here attempt to squirm around this issue. But we know it’s an issue. For women voters.

• Winner Winner x 1
  15. rock8591

rock8591 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Best analogy I can give is "Elian Gonzalez defeated Al Gore."

Obviously, not 100% of the same similarity, degree, or severity but the perception is there.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. okeechobee

Sep 11, 2022
    She is a severely flawed candidate, clearly. We'll see how it translates, but experience tells us once the perception is firmly established, it will kill whatever enthusiasm currently exists for her.

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  17. chemgator

chemgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Now do one for the most criminal nominee in U.S. history!

• Off-topic Off-topic x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. slayerxing

slayerxing GC Hall of Fame

Aug 14, 2007
    unfortunately for you trump is also severely flawed. If he wasn’t this wouldn't even be a race.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. PacificBlueGator

PacificBlueGator All American

Apr 3, 2007
    Trump/Vance apparently want us to believe that raising step children is to be deeply flawed. Yet Kamala's family and children seem well adjusted, thriving and loved and they love their step mother.

What is truly deeply flawed is that Trump would rather focus on non issues than have people looking deeper at his Project 2025 platform, which seems to be focused on diminishing personal freedoms, women's rights, education, the environment, our country and turning it into an authoritarian state. Why is Trump hiding from this? Why is he afraid to debate Kamala?

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. okeechobee

Sep 11, 2022
    Yes, Trump is a flawed candidate, but all of his skeletons are out of the closet and have been for a while. Kamala has the skeletons and a dubious, radical policy record to go with it. Whatever women voters Trump was going to lose, he already has. Harris has exposure on that front, however.

• Winner Winner x 1