Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Why 'Sound of Freedom,' Jim Caviezel's controversial child sex trafficking film, is a hit

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by flgator2, Jul 12, 2023.

1. WC53

WC53 GC Hall of Fame

Oct 17, 2015
    Old City
    Breaking news: official language of pedos is Klingon. ;)

2. Emmitto

Emmitto VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    It’s not tripe. It’s not debatable.

I said early in this thread “So?”

Anyone who is swayed to Pizzagate by this was just dying to anyway. They would find a way in like a termite visiting your log cabin.

If anything this “win” (.win) is probably a loss as it will engender these very exchanges. The Q ideas flourish via the inherent fact that the Internet is Everywhere but also provides Almost Nowhere bubbles.

They believe this exposure is part of the Great Awakening (that’s the actual website post Reddit.)

Again, I’m a hopeless idiot normie, but I doubt it. Undoubtably the antics will bring more on board, but I will think that this exposure will lead to much more WTF. Net loss.

But again, I’m too dumb to see how Hillary is retaining her inexplicable youth by trafficking kids for the adrenochrome.

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  3. tilly

tilly Superhero Mod. Fast witted. Bulletproof posts. Moderator VIP Member

I assumed it was a headline quote. And he is the star of the movie.

Regardless It still is about the movie and not the "championing of the right"

It isn't weird to say "Tom Cruise's new movie" etc.

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  4. tilly

I admit, I'm pretty dumb when it comes to the Q pizzagate crap. This board is my main source in all honesty.

I just hope if this movie has an important relevance that we dont toss ot out due to the star of the movie.

• Like Like x 1
  5. gatorchamps960608

gatorchamps960608 GC Hall of Fame

Jul 4, 2020
    The right is astroturfing the box office for this movie.

I saw a social media post of a "sold out showing" at a theater that was 100% empty seats.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. gatordavisl

gatordavisl VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    northern MN
    Sorry if I'm not following this specific conversation accurately, but the title of the thread includes the word "why." That question appears to be answered in the second paragraph of the OP:

But "Sound of Freedom" already is as much a political football as it is an unlikely cinematic success. The film is generating buzz among conservatives and liberals not so much for its content − both ideologies agree child sex trafficking is the height of immorality − but for comments made by its star. Fans say the movie speaks to an audience underserved by Hollywood; critics contend it's a recruiting tool for the far right.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. gatorchamps960608

gatorchamps960608 GC Hall of Fame

Jul 4, 2020
    The right wants you to follow their conspiracy bread crumbs to get you into their alternative reality bubble.

• Agree Agree x 4
  8. GatorFanCF

GatorFanCF Premium Member

Apr 14, 2007
    Well stated - and especially German Shepherds! Freakin nazi dogs…probably eat MAGA dog biscuits.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Creative Creative x 1
  9. antny1

antny1 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 3, 2019
    There is a qanon guy that goes to the dog bar/park I frequent and help out at. He wears an "Alex Jones was right" shirt among other provocative political shirts. I'm wondering if he is the 100 overpass sign holder. For the record he has a lab, pit looking mix lol

10. PITBOSS

PITBOSS GC Hall of Fame

Apr 13, 2007
    Agree. Why is Fox News making this extremely issue issue being trafficking, not what someone somewhere said in a op ed.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2023
  11. tilly

For starters I havent heard anyone that I know on the "right" do that, but those who are should stop. It's stupid to politicize this in any way.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Gator715

Gator715 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 6, 2015

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. phatGator

phatGator GC Hall of Fame

Dec 3, 2007
    Dayton, Ohio
    I suspect that most people in this country know nothing about QAnon and pizza gate. The only things I know about them come from the Two Hot resident liberals that are constantly hunting down stuff from the radical right wing. I don’t even know where to go to find that stuff.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. phatGator

phatGator GC Hall of Fame

Dec 3, 2007
    Dayton, Ohio
    Dog bar? :D

I’m picturing all kinds of dogs bellied up to the bar. Does it have a bouncer?

• Funny Funny x 3
  15. cocodrilo

cocodrilo GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    How people react to movies can be quite revealing. As a perfect example, I've got a cousin who laughs heartily at "Blazing Saddles" for all the wrong reasons.

16. antny1

antny1 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 3, 2019
    Check the pub thread I started. And yes, they have "pawtrollers.":)

• Like Like x 2
  17. Emmitto

Emmitto VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Well your elected officials all the way up to POTUS reference it. Never hearing about it must be tough if one pays attention to basically anything in the public sphere.

Trump openly embraces, amplifies QAnon conspiracy theories

But I do agree that those elected officials do indeed represent the farthest of the right.

18. rivergator

rivergator Too Hot Mod Moderator VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    No offense Tilly. But I’m not sure either of us can dictate what can and can’t be discussed
    The right wing adoption and championing of this movie is clearly part of the story

Last edited: Jul 15, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. GatorFanCF

GatorFanCF Premium Member

Apr 14, 2007
    So, if the “Right” promoting this movie is part of the story is the “Left” panning the movie part of the story too?

From someone’s tweet: “The media praised (the movie) Cuties but criticizes the Sound Of Freedom. That should tell you everything you need to know.”

• Winner Winner x 1
  20. tilly

Fair enough. No offense taken.

• Like Like x 1