Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Why 'Sound of Freedom,' Jim Caviezel's controversial child sex trafficking film, is a hit

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by flgator2, Jul 12, 2023.

1. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    So... a bum on the side of the interstate made your mind up for you? LMFAO!... I feel like you may have disqualified your opinions in the future, or at lest sullied them.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. citygator

citygator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Charlotte
    I won’t see it just so I’m not affiliated with nuts. Here is what I’ve seen on tik tok:

-AC ”broken” and tix refunded but moms went to see it anyway claiming AMC did it on purpose not to show movie

- movie theater is ‘sold out” but only the tik tok poster and her 2 friends were at the movie implying pedos are buying all the tix so people don’t watch

- fire alarm pulled in one and another said projector overheated to disrupt movie implied that sex ring runners are disrupting

- AMC groomers delaying movies claiming it doesnt want movie seen

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. flgator2

flgator2 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Gainesville
    Is that really that shocking to believe

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 2
  4. flgator2

flgator2 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Gainesville
    lol ok what ever, I must have been very fortunate not to have any crazy or disrespectful people in the theater yesterday in Gainesville

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. chemgator

chemgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Not necessarily related to sex trafficking, but there was a scandal in Central America (Guatemala?) about 10-15 years ago where the adoption agencies in the country were offering rewards to people who gave up their children for international adoption. The adoption agency typically got $5-6k for their part in an adoption, so they may have been offering $1k for reward. People were kidnapping kids to get the reward. They focused mainly on kids who were too young to communicate that they had been kidnapped. By the time they figured out what was going on, huge numbers of kids were discovered missing, and some were tracked down to the U.S., where adoptive parents had to give up their children, back to the birth parents.

• Informative Informative x 5
  6. tilly

tilly Superhero Mod. Fast witted. Bulletproof posts. Moderator VIP Member

I've heard nothing but good about the movie and to my knowledge it has no political bend. My wife and I plan to see it on the recommendation of some friends.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. tilly

C'mon SB. That's weak.

Post 3 was literally posted by someone who hasnt seen it.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
  8. WC53

WC53 GC Hall of Fame

Oct 17, 2015
    Old City
    I don’t think anyone is saying the movie is crap. They are saying the movie is being largely heralded as proof of the Govt pedo underground, and being promoted as such by the fringe. Without that, the movie wouldn’t have the standing in Maga that it has.
    Two things can be true.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. tilly

Ok and Top Gun was fronted by a scientologist. It's almost like actors can ...act.

:Shrug:

• Agree Agree x 5
  10. tilly

I bet you dont have the balls to be like this to peoples faces.

And you think conservatives sound hateful.

YOU are part of the problem with crap like this.

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 2
  11. tilly

Dude. Stop. You are daring to call the tolerant, intolerant... And that will NOT be tolerated!

• Funny Funny x 5
  12. tilly

Liberal intolerance is on it's usual display.
    People are literally criticizing cons for being political in movie choices on politics...while themselves being critical of movie choices based on politics

Forest for the trees or something like that

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. WC53

WC53 GC Hall of Fame

Oct 17, 2015
    Old City
    Also why I haven’t seen top gun ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. Emmitto

Emmitto VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Not really sure why it’s so controversial. Yes, JC is Full Q and has swallowed the adrenochrome hook particularly deep. Yes, the real guy he is portraying is almost assuredly more of a hindrance than a help and is likely embellishing, at best, his effectiveness.

But the movie itself stops short of the batshit. Is it Q bait? Well of course. There are more than a dozen separate threads on page one of their go-to website at this very moment.

But so? That part was already baked in. This has been a .win hot topic for over a year. JC’s looniest takes happened last year.

The movie itself leaves out Obama drinking kid blood. You have to intentionally choose to go Full Caviezel and take the last step. And truthfully, that person won’t be denied. They may use this as their excuse. But that person has been searching the perimeter looking for an unlocked door for a while now. Good lord, let them in.

And I suppose it isn’t impossible that there is some segment of society out there that wasn’t already horrified by trafficking kids and also not Walking Braindead. If this is what it takes to bring them on board, as depressing as it is that this could possibly be the case, then OK, whatever it takes.

• Like Like x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  15. swampbabe

swampbabe GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Viera, FL
    Disagree. That particular poster is well known for conspiracy nuttery. You know that but actually you made the point for me. He hasn’t seen the movie but still made comment.

• Agree Agree x 3
  16. rivergator

rivergator Too Hot Mod Moderator VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    You don't think there's been any championing of the movie on the right?

• Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  17. flgator2

flgator2 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Gainesville
    And you and many others are known for your ignorant beliefs

• Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  18. rivergator

Apr 8, 2007
    Flgator2 - You really don't think the movie has been championed by the right? You started the thread.

19. flgator2

flgator2 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Gainesville
    Not as much as the left opposing this great movie, Truthfully, It's hard for me to imagine anyone not liking this movie unless you're a trafficker or pedophile.

• Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. rivergator

Apr 8, 2007
    Fox has been writing lots of stories about it, far more than simply a new movie opening. You're one of the farthest rightwing posters on the board and you started a thread about it, praising it. Do you do that often?

• Come On Man Come On Man x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2