Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Why 'Sound of Freedom,' Jim Caviezel's controversial child sex trafficking film, is a hit

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by flgator2, Jul 12, 2023.

1. okeechobee

okeechobee GC Hall of Fame

Sep 11, 2022
    You started off by saying the allegations surfaced Monday. That's completely untrue. Vice published that story many months ago. And yes, in America, you are innocent until proven guilty in the court of law. Not only was he never arrested, there were never any charges or any credible evidence presented that he did anything wrong. And trust me, him being a former DHS operative, the U.S. government would have made an example out of him if he had done anything like that. So, you can stop the charade and stop slandering someone you don't even know or have your facts straight about.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. wgbgator

wgbgator Premium Member

Apr 19, 2007
    I think the fact that he was kicked out of his own org says he was guilty of something lol, if your standard for proper behavior is simply not engaging in criminal activity that gets you arrested, well that's just stupid, sorry

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. wgbgator

wgbgator Premium Member

Apr 19, 2007
    I dont know the timeline well, it was definitely reported he had left the organization awhile back, that's true, but I think the "why" is what has newly surfaced.

4. rivergator

rivergator Too Hot Mod Moderator VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    I'm slandering? I quoted the Salt Lake newspaper which was talking about this Vice story which came out Monday:

Tim Ballard’s Departure From Operation Underground Railroad Followed Sexual Misconduct Investigation

Look, I don't know what he did or didn't do, and neither do you.

BTW, the Vice story that came out in July was about the OUR organization faking a lot of stuff. Not that he was kicked out over sexual claims.

• Informative Informative x 2
  5. mrhansduck

mrhansduck GC Hall of Fame

Nov 23, 2021
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  6. WarDamnGator

WarDamnGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Wow ... two sex abusing creeps making a film about child sex abuse ... I guess people say you should only write about what you know.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Off-topic Off-topic x 1
  7. citygator

citygator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Charlotte
    As usual, every accusation from the right wing is an admission of guilt. Dude is a sexual predator yelling about sexual predators?

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. g8trjax

g8trjax GC Hall of Fame

Jun 1, 2007
    All these 20 year old rape and child abuse charges are the perfect weapon against people who get too close to the truth...

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. Tjgators

Tjgators Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    It's a movie about children being taken and exploited for sex. I'm not sure why that is so offensive to so many here? I know why it is offensive to Hollywood and the corporate media, but it baffles me you all have so much to say about a movie that brings this evil issue to the public.

Our very own Tim Tebow is joining dozens of other charities in taking on this evil. The Reality of Human Trafficking

I couldn't care less if people support Ballard or not. I am leery of Mormons. My guess is his bad press started when it came out he would run for Romney's Senate seat. The left does not want him in that seat because he's all MAGA.

10. mrhansduck

mrhansduck GC Hall of Fame

Nov 23, 2021
    Do you think Harvey Weinstein, Bill Cosby, and Epstein were about to break big stories? Or is it more likely that people often get away with things for a long time before being exposed? I don't know what anyone associated with this movie may or may not have done. Ballard, for example, is accused of using his position and calling to hit on women, but that's not criminal. I dont' think anyone has accused him of abusing children or raping anyone. Even the sexual harassment allegations could be untrue, of course, but it would be really odd if the organization he founded that's saved all these kids has been infiltrated and is now trying to help the sex traffickers.

• Like Like x 1
  11. citygator

citygator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Charlotte
    I'll watch anything but the only reason I didnt see this movie is because of the nuts who were associated with it. I could see myself walking out with some soccer mom Qanon woman preaching about a trafficking ring in a pizza parlor somewhere she knows exists run by some celebrity. No way this movie was worse than "Paint" with Owen Wilson. I tried to claw my eyes out in that movie.

12. channingcrowderhungry

channingcrowderhungry Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Bottom of a pint glass
    You're leery of Mormons. And I'm leery of anything the fringe right vigorously latches on to. We aren't that dissimilar

13. Tjgators

Tjgators Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    brilliant reply. so you don't think children being sex trafficked is a thing?

14. channingcrowderhungry

channingcrowderhungry Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Bottom of a pint glass
    Sure it's a thing. And a studio produced a movie about it to make money. Doesn't make it more or less of a thing. And Qanon, who thinks Hillary Clinton sex trafficked out of a pizza parlor, pimped this movie to push their agenda. Is what is is.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. mdgator05

mdgator05 Premium Member

Dec 9, 2010
    What is "the truth" or is that one of those vague statements that sounds deep but really means nothing?

16. rivergator

Apr 8, 2007
    Are you really trying to claim there’s a vast, powerful network of people trying to keep child sex trafficking secret?

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  17. mdgator05

mdgator05 Premium Member

Dec 9, 2010
    It is a thing. Of course, dealing with it is a complicated matter of addressing global inequality, autocratic governments, the realities of global criminal syndicates, including the money laundering through Russian sources, and the like. It isn't actually fought by grabbing young women while wearing a costume and pretending to be some sort of hero while wearing a hidden camera and claiming it is some huge conspiracy of people they recognize from the movies or at least implying it when that isn't how it works in the real world.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. WarDamnGator

WarDamnGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    It has something to do with the basement of a pizza restaurant that actually doesn't have a basement. The truth is it was actually in the in attic the entire time. People got too close.

19. okeechobee

okeechobee GC Hall of Fame

Sep 11, 2022
    I don’t think anybody could prove it or the lack thereof. After all, if we could, such tragedies would never happen, because all the abusers would be in prison. The world is a dark place, however and if we’ve learned anything from human history, it’s not a stretch to think something like what you describe may exist.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. rivergator

Apr 8, 2007
    Well, I suppose we can go with the idea that anything is possible. But let's see some of the claims so far: The Hollywood establishment and mainstream media are against the film (because they all support children being kidnapped and raped?) Theater owners who booked the film are discouraging people from seeing it by not dimming the lights, turning off the AC and even claiming the theater is sold out and no tickets are available when it's really practically empty (because they, too, would rather see kids kidnapped and raped than actually sell tickets and make money?)
    You really figure that's possible?
    Meanwhile, do you feel any obligation to go back and address your last post and all your allegations - slander, old news, fake news, etc?

• Optimistic Optimistic x 3