Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Why 'Sound of Freedom,' Jim Caviezel's controversial child sex trafficking film, is a hit

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by flgator2, Jul 12, 2023.

1. okeechobee

okeechobee GC Hall of Fame

Sep 11, 2022
    You are naive AF if you don’t think that happens.

• Agree Agree x 4
  2. wgbgator

wgbgator Premium Member

Apr 19, 2007
    If by "abducted" you mean steered toward jobs requiring cheap labor sure, I think the conservative fantasy is that its like some Pizza-gate pedo thing

• Off-topic Off-topic x 1
  3. okeechobee

Sep 11, 2022
    Finally got the chance to view this movie. Wow, best movie I’ve seen in a long while. I kept waiting for the movie to implicate liberals, progressives and Democrats, but it never came close. It’s as non-political as I’ve seen in quite some time. I kept waiting for QAnon conspiracies, but they never showed up. I don’t understand the pushback on this film?? All seems very historically and factually accurate. Refreshing and a story that cannot be shared enough.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. okeechobee

Sep 11, 2022
    Per Tim Ballard this stuff is happening in Africa. He's led raids to break it up and videoed everything. I'm not sure how QAnon and the Jews are involved, but Ballard and his organization Operation Underground Railroad have rebuked QAnon repeatedly. You should read up more on it. Has nothing to do with politics or QAnon. It's evil sick bastards in Africa doing this sort of thing.

• Like Like x 3
  5. okeechobee

Sep 11, 2022
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. rivergator

rivergator Too Hot Mod Moderator VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    The quoted story is about Caviezel's claims. Ballard's comments don't change them, do they?

• Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  7. WC53

WC53 GC Hall of Fame

Oct 17, 2015
    Old City
    Man the misinfo. As stated the vast majority of child sexual abuse occurs by someone with custodial care or authority figure. In the same light, most kidnappings are custodial, most sexual assaults are my a known person.
    The tv highlights the rare exceptions not the norm.
    Human trafficking, who do you think cleans hotels? Certainly not us. :)
    Grooming, Pizza and Freedumb oh my.

• Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 2
  8. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    • Funny Funny x 2
  9. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Rescued from what? From human traffickers? I wish we could save our kids from groomers and pedophiles...

• Agree Agree x 3
  10. okeechobee

Sep 11, 2022
    They do because there are traffickers in Africa who are selling children for Satanic ritual type activities. The children’s bodies, organs, blood etc are being used by sadistic evil people. Ballard has filmed the raids. Caviezel’s role was to play the real life character of Tim Ballard, so I’m assuming Caviezel is leaning hard on Ballard for this information in informing the public to the atrocities taking place. Very odd hill for you to be in such a sacrificial mood on.

• Like Like x 2
  11. okeechobee

Sep 11, 2022
    Where is the misinfo? Are you on the ground in Africa? Do you have some insider knowledge you can share?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. okeechobee

Sep 11, 2022
    And he’s wrong. They do receive in many cases years of therapy after they are rescued. But yeah, your point is not lost. Pretty much anything is an upgrade to being an enslaved child. A rescue and reunification with their parents or even good foster parents seems like a monumental upgrade over being a slave. These are very odd comments from certain posters in this thread. Would they rather Ballard left these children behind to be slaves, beaten, tortured and abused? Is that their mental health solution for these children??

• Like Like x 2
  13. WC53

WC53 GC Hall of Fame

Oct 17, 2015
    Old City
    well most of this thread is alleging this stuff in the US. So yes, I am on the ground there.

As to Africa, sex trade and especially forced marriage and slavery forced tribal work. Okay. Children being slaughtered for organs and satanic consumption. Welp. Pizza.

So misinfo. Yup. Damn statistics and knowledge.

• Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  14. ursidman

ursidman VIP Member

Sep 27, 2007
    Bug Tussle NC
    I keep getting whiffs of McMartin Day Care from some of these claims.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  15. defensewinschampionships

defensewinschampionships GC Hall of Fame

Sep 16, 2018
    Rescued from all of the above, brother. Organizations (private and public) out there are bringing kids in who have been trafficked, who have been sexually abused by step-dad or great uncle, or whomever. They need to be restored, mentally and spiritually. If you don't think its happening, I won't be able to convince you it is.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. okeechobee

Sep 11, 2022
    You have issues.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  17. okeechobee

Sep 11, 2022
    Assuming these children don’t receive therapy (which is inaccurate) once they are freed from slavery, they are still no less being freed from slavery. That is the first step. Perhaps if Ballard’s organization isn’t handling the post-rescue therapy well, some others should step up and focus on that aspect. Ballard’s speciality is freeing the kids, while putting himself into very dangerous situations in the process. Not too many people signing up for that job.

• Like Like x 3
  18. gator95

gator95 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    I have not seen the movie so can't comment on the movie itself but to say kids aren't trafficked in the US is ignorant. Here are some stats for you.

Saved In America — Missing Children Statistics.

• There are more than 365,000 missing children in our country each year. 30% of those missing are being trafficked (approximately 109,000 children).

• Winner Winner x 1
  19. WC53

WC53 GC Hall of Fame

Oct 17, 2015
    Old City
    So, you are very much conflating different issues. Kids being missing vs trafficked. Family abduction is the majority and the most deadly. The missing in America data looks to be garbage on face value. The majority of missing are recovered quickly.

Forced labor, sex etc, is more prevalent in undocumented and certain immigrant groups as well as runaways who often are coerced and controlled with drugs.

Misuse of stats is a peeve of mine. Stats in Africa also don’t apply here. Much like UFO’s, the stats are out there.

It is like are home invasions more likely to be drug related:) the data is out there. Stats of sexual violence against kids is like 93% known to victim and family. That is not what is portrayed to public.

The Truth About Child Abduction Statistics in 2023

Put maybe the enslaved kids are really just being taught life skills? Right?

Ymmv

Go Gators

Last edited: Jul 28, 2023
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 2
  20. mutz87

mutz87 p=.06 VIP Member

Aug 30, 2014
    Excellent!

In some respects, this brings up a way bigger issue(?)--the rampant sexual or otherwise abuse of children at the hands of their own families, whether parent/s or other relatives. Thing about it too, given the nature of the situation and the obvious lack of agency that children have, it's impossible to get a truly accurate number because kids are unlikely to be able to speak out and certainly the abusers won't be. The undercounted numbers are bad enough, but the true number has got to be staggeringly, frighteningly higher than what most people would be able to comprehend.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 3