Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Who will Harris pick as VP? It’s Walz!!

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by WarDamnGator, Jul 21, 2024.

1. HeyItsMe

HeyItsMe GC Hall of Fame

Mar 7, 2009
    The right have absolutely zero policies whatsoever so they have to use stupid culture war shit like this to try and get points.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  2. pkaib01

pkaib01 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    The more I think about it, the more I realize that every objection I can imagine to providing emergency tampons to students is rooted in cruelty.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  3. phatGator

phatGator GC Hall of Fame

Dec 3, 2007
    Dayton, Ohio
    So much for “when they go low, we go high.” Guess they decided that wouldn’t be a good strategy after all.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2024
  4. pkaib01

pkaib01 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    When did this campaign state that strategy?

5. pkaib01

pkaib01 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    “A despot doesn't fear eloquent writers preaching freedom-he fears a drunken poet may crack a joke that will take hold.”

― E.B. White

Let us couch this for now.

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. phatGator

phatGator GC Hall of Fame

Dec 3, 2007
    Dayton, Ohio
    You’ve extrapolated not wanting to put tampons in boys restrooms to not providing emergency tampons at all. That is not at all the argument.

Doesn’t providing tampons in girls restrooms take care of potential emergencies? Do you really want schools spending their limited funds on putting tampons in boys restrooms? Can’t that money be used somewhere else?

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. wgbgator

wgbgator Premium Member

Apr 19, 2007
    This is a state that passed free school lunch too, I think they have their priorities right when it comes to funding schools. Whether you think the tampons are useful or not, they definitely have more utility to students than the states spending limited resources on Ten Commandments displays or library policing.

• Fistbump/Thanks! x 3
    • Winner x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • Off-topic x 1
  8. gatorpa

gatorpa GC Hall of Fame

Sep 5, 2010
    East Coast of FL
    If someone presents to an ER under Federal law they must me seen and evaluated to determine if they have an emergent medical condition.

I’m not debating what you are saying as it might be an issue, however the article makes it sound like they aren’t even seen, just sent away. I have trouble believing that actually happens for the reasons I already gave.
    That’s where I’m looking for more details.

It’s that simple.

Having treated hundreds of women who presented to the ER with spontaneous miscarriages over the years I can tell you most were evaluated and sent home to follow up with their OB. In most cases there was little to do but let time and nature take it’s course.
    I can easily see where that could be portrayed as “this poor woman went to the ER and was sent home to let her baby die”. Sometimes they did need a D&C in a few days to weeks but it was very rare that an OB was called in to perform an urgent or emergent D&C in the middle of the night.
    Since most of you have never worked in an ER I assume you don’t know this. I doubt suddenly there is an increase in women needing emergent D&C because a law changed.

That’s what I’m saying.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. gatorpa

gatorpa GC Hall of Fame

Sep 5, 2010
    East Coast of FL
    What I said was I doubt women are getting jazzed up because he put tampons in boys bathrooms.

I never realized there was such a shortage of tampon availability that we need them in boys bathrooms.
    Having a wife and two teenage girls Ve NEVER had a situation where I would have been saved by being able to walk into a boys bathroom to grab them a tampon. Guess i’m out of touch with critical needs of women’s hygiene products. :rolleyes:

• Funny Funny x 2
  10. g8trjax

g8trjax GC Hall of Fame

Jun 1, 2007
    TFSG and the leftie voters have gone full commie! Knew it would happen sooner or later. :emoji_joy:

• Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  11. NavyGator93

NavyGator93 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 4, 2015
    Georgia
    I don't see the need for tampons in a boys bathroom, but I also don't see it is a big deal.
    My wife is obviously more in touch with these things. I will say that even though we have two boys, she kept an assortment of women's products in the main floor guest bath. Of course it took me years to notice, but when I did, she told me something along the lines "stuff happens and we want to make sure guests (female friends of the boys) had everything they needed".

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. orangeblue_coop

orangeblue_coop GC Hall of Fame

Nov 19, 2016
    The person who employed that “strategy” hasn’t been in the White House since 2016.

13. HeyItsMe

HeyItsMe GC Hall of Fame

Mar 7, 2009
    Tampon Tim: Stopping the Red Wave one tampon at a time.

You Republicans really suck at this nickname thing.

• Funny Funny x 6
  14. HeyItsMe

HeyItsMe GC Hall of Fame

Mar 7, 2009
    There are situations that arise where emergencies happen and sometimes a woman may need to use the men’s room if the women’s room is otherwise unavailable and occupied. This is a nothing burger that the right is desperate to make something out of because they have no legitimate attacks against their opponents. Who cares if tampons are in the boy’s restroom or not, how is that going to improve my quality of living or affect my life? Newsflash: it’s not.

15. GatorBen

GatorBen Premium Member

Apr 9, 2007
    Minnesota Mao just hasn’t caught on yet ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. pkaib01

pkaib01 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Some of the students who use the boys' restrooms menstruate. Should they be denied equal access to public services?

If you are worried about cost, tampons have a shelf life of at least 5 years. By my math, only 1 in 333 women identify as a male and use the men's room. As such, the cost of goods of providing access in this way is just 0.003 more.

17. staticgator

staticgator GC Legend

Nov 27, 2016
    He's making these guys even weirder.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Who thinks and talks like this?

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
  18. HeyItsMe

HeyItsMe GC Hall of Fame

Mar 7, 2009
    Christopher Rufo can go suck an egg, dude is a piece of trash human. He’s one of the main people behind the destruction of New College and is just human garbage personified. Expected response from him.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  19. pkaib01

pkaib01 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Christopher Rufo?;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. vegasfox

vegasfox GC Hall of Fame

Feb 4, 2024
    Evidently a half dozen.or so people declined the opportunity to.be Kamala's VP. They know it's over for her

• Funny Funny x 2