Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Who will Harris pick as VP? It’s Walz!!

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by WarDamnGator, Jul 21, 2024.

1. gatorpa

gatorpa GC Hall of Fame

Sep 5, 2010
    East Coast of FL
    I’d love to see the actual details on the cases where women were “turned away without even being seen”. I’ll bet there way more to the story that the article left out.
    Having worked in ER’s for many years that’s not something that typically is ever done unless someone is a fool. EMTALA requires anyone presenting to an ER must be seen and evaluated to determine if a medical emergency exists. It’s a 10k fine that med mal doesn’t cover and the person that turns them away is personally responsible as is the hospital.
    The hospitals I worked at flat out had everyone get seen just to avoid this.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. gator_lawyer

gator_lawyer VIP Member

Oct 30, 2017
    This is what we call projection. An incomplete list of issues that Republicans can't mind their business on: gender-affirming care, all other things transgender, drag shows, books other parents' kids are reading, what professors and college students are discussing in university classrooms, the chromosomes of Olympic boxers, private businesses' vaccine requirements, corporate DEI trainings, African American Studies courses, women's reproductive decisions (beyond abortion), family planning decisions, and so on and so forth.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  3. gator_lawyer

gator_lawyer VIP Member

Oct 30, 2017
    Or there's not. Or the many articles and many women who have come out since the Dobbs decision describing these exact situations are telling the truth. I know which side I believe.

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  4. G8tas

G8tas GC Hall of Fame

Sep 22, 2008
    The right wing's reaction tells me that Walz was the right pick

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. slocala

slocala VIP Member

Jan 11, 2009
    The horror, the horror. What to do about boys being empathetic to biological girls?

Perhaps they can scribble verse from The Love Song of J Alfred Prufrock on the bathroom stalls?

“I should have been a pair of ragged claws
    Scuttling across the floors of silent seas.”

6. phatGator

phatGator GC Hall of Fame

Dec 3, 2007
    Dayton, Ohio
    No need to be condescending. I never said Republicans mind their own business. You quoted Walz as saying that is their golden rule: to mind their own business. I was pointing out that they only hold to that golden rule for one subject.

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. gatorpa

gatorpa GC Hall of Fame

Sep 5, 2010
    East Coast of FL
    Good to know you want to believe it so you don’t care about the details.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  8. gatorpa

gatorpa GC Hall of Fame

Sep 5, 2010
    East Coast of FL
    How does having tampons in boy’s bathroom make boy’s empathetic to biological girls?
    That’s quite the stretch, you know that’s not why they were put there.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. CharlestonGator

CharlestonGator Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Love this pick!

10. l_boy

l_boy 5500

Jan 6, 2009
    You don’t seem to understand the issue. There is a tension at play - duty to treat vs not being in violation of abortion laws. It isn’t entirely clear what doctors are supposed to do. So in places where the abortion laws are strict doctors choose not to perform the abortion, unless the woman’s life is in danger. They will wait until the woman’s health deteriorates at which point her life is clearly in danger such that they are safe to perform the needed procedure.

• Winner Winner x 3
  11. gator_lawyer

gator_lawyer VIP Member

Oct 30, 2017
    Yes, I'm the bad guy because my instinct isn't, "All these women must be lying." Maybe it's the fact that my job involves having to try and decode the idiotic statutes our government writes. Maybe it's the fact that I work closely with attorneys who specialize in reproductive rights who have spoken with me about their cases, including women who have experienced similar things and doctors who are confounded by these laws who work in hospitals that don't know want to do and fear criminal liability.

But you go right on trying to convince the rest of us to disbelieve the women relaying their experiences. It jives what what you prefer the facts to be, so that must be what the facts are.

• Winner Winner x 2
  12. gator_lawyer

gator_lawyer VIP Member

Oct 30, 2017
    It's definitely more than one subject. The Democrats have become the party of freedom, ironically enough. Except on guns and vaccine requirements.

13. gator_lawyer

gator_lawyer VIP Member

Oct 30, 2017
    You can't see a situation where it'll benefit girls/women for a boy/man to be able to walk into a bathroom and get a tampon, even putting aside transgender people? Y'all really want to make "Walz made tampons too widely available" your argument against him? LOL.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  14. G8tas

G8tas GC Hall of Fame

Sep 22, 2008
    It reminds me when they were attacking Kamala for her laugh. They've got nothing so they make up weird things

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  15. GatorBen

GatorBen Premium Member

Apr 9, 2007
    I think it’s very unlikely that, in a public school, the only option available to a girl or woman (or the option that nearly any girl or woman would choose if given a choice) for how to get a tampon is for a boy to go get one in the men’s restroom.

Is it a huge deal? No. But the assertion that there’s any meaningful use case for the men’s restroom to need tampons other than transgender people seems kind of silly.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
  16. gatordavisl

gatordavisl VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    northern MN
    I was a bit shocked that he went there. Then I thought about these conventions, which have an obligation for flamboyancy.

17. GatorWon

GatorWon GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 9
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. citygator

citygator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007