Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Who will Harris pick as VP? It’s Walz!!

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by WarDamnGator, Jul 21, 2024.

1. GatorRade

GatorRade Rad Scientist

Apr 3, 2007
    My concern is exactly that: a misguided form of woke thought can end up promoting tribalism.

I meant most people that we would call “woke”.

2. g8tr80

g8tr80 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Well…..he will bring the Dem’s Minnesota!

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. cocodrilo

cocodrilo GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Is it pronounced Walls or Waltz?

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  4. GatorFanCF

GatorFanCF Premium Member

Apr 14, 2007
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  5. wgbgator

wgbgator Premium Member

Apr 19, 2007
    By insisting that they represent some unique other or form of deviant thought, aren't you helping will that into being?

6. wgbgator

wgbgator Premium Member

Apr 19, 2007
  7. cocodrilo

Apr 8, 2007
    "Not all students who menstruate are female."

That's strange. I don't remember any boys I went to school with having periods. (We all had periods in school, but I mean menstrual periods.) But I guess I just wasn't in the know. (I still ain't.)

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. HeyItsMe

HeyItsMe GC Hall of Fame

Mar 7, 2009
    JD Vance: women suck, rape is inconvenient and if you don’t have children you are a drain on society. Great messaging there from your VP. Walz is going to absolutely demolish that joke during the debates.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  9. stingbb

stingbb Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Like many other Republicans, I’m not a Trump fan but at the same time an ultra-liberal ticket of Harris and Walz does nothing for me.

Going to reluctantly vote for Trump. A California Senator and a Minnesota Governor is just too scary a proposition for me.

• Funny Funny x 6
  10. pkaib01

pkaib01 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
  11. pkaib01

pkaib01 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    So putting someone back in office who attempted to disrupt the transfer of power through fraud and violence isn't scary? Especially when considering the implications of granting absolute criminal immunity if re-elected?

You might be overthinking this a little. You have a chance to vote for future chances to vote.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2024
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. HeyItsMe

HeyItsMe GC Hall of Fame

Mar 7, 2009
    LOL! Walz wants to give kids free lunches and supports the working class, and Harris was the VP of an administration that has pushed out more signficant legislation than any ticket in years, but somehow JD “Couch lover” Vance and his disdain for women and anybody without children would be a better choice along with his adjudicated rapist, 34 felony count nominee. Got it. Make it make sense.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 6, 2024
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. wgbgator

wgbgator Premium Member

Apr 19, 2007
    Trump is such a liar, no way he still doesnt hate Mike Pence more

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. cocodrilo

Apr 8, 2007
    Still wondering. If it's Walls, at every campaign event they should play the old Faron Young song, "Hello, Walls."

If it's Waltz, that means that Harris is going to waltz right into the White House.

15. BigCypressGator1981

BigCypressGator1981 GC Hall of Fame

Oct 11, 2011
    [​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 2
  16. NavyGator93

NavyGator93 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 4, 2015
    Georgia
    As a republican, no way I would ever vote for trump. There was a slight chance in 2016 before his character really started to come out, but once he took office and after, would never do it.
    I actually love this country.

• Like Like x 5
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 4
  17. HeyItsMe

HeyItsMe GC Hall of Fame

Mar 7, 2009
    Not a fan of Trump but clearly going to still vote for him regardless of whoever the ticket was on the left, lol. Minnesota is one of the happiest states in the U.S. based on statistics because of all the impactful legislation Walz helped pass and he is absolutely beloved by his constituents there and California’s economy is strong enough by itself to be one of the best in the world, but we don’t want that! Give me the twice impeached, failed former president who tripled our deficit and left the office with less jobs than when he started and his misogynistic dweeb of a VP who is polling worse than any VP candidate in history. That’s a winning ticket if I’ve ever seen one!

• Like x 3
    • Winner x 2
    • Informative x 1
    • Creative x 1
    • Wish I would have said that x 1
  18. GatorRade

GatorRade Rad Scientist

Apr 3, 2007
    Hmm, I may need to think about this. I understand that you are saying that the fact that I don’t believe that all of the ideas under the woke umbrella are beneficial to their aims that I am myself engendering further tribal animosity. Is that right?

I would hope that this is not the case, as it would either mean that I am being inflammatory or worse that non-tribal disagreement is impossible. Note that I did not use the term deviant, and I noted that the push for social justice comes from a good place. I just think that some woke practices will prove counter productive.

E.g., Some time ago people noticed that female orchestral musicians weren’t being rated as highly as similarly skilled male performers. One of the measures to address this was to have people audition from behind a curtain. This was a beautiful woke solution because it could be applied equally to everyone. White, black, female, male, short, tall, left handed, right handed …it didn’t matter.

Some of the current woke thinkers have developed a different kind of solution, where members of minority groups are singled out to receive special considerations. “Since this is a _______ person, we should…” This kind of solution not only causes backlash from members of other groups, but can also undermine the achievements of the minority individuals, as we are seeing with the derogatory “DEI” label being thrown at Harris.

19. gatordavisl

gatordavisl VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    northern MN
    Walz doesn’t strike as old looking. He’s been a great gov, built a huge surplus, supports education, was a teacher etc.
    I don’t even hear the maga folk in MN complain about him - just the pub politicians who are empty suits like FL dems.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  20. GatorJMDZ

GatorJMDZ gatorjack VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1