Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Who will call plays next game?

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by LTG61, Sep 1, 2024.

1. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Who will call the next game? Beth Mowins.

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. 31g8r

31g8r GC Hall of Fame

Oct 20, 2013
    After reading this thread it deserves to be noted on offense a different play caller isnt just different plays its a different philosophy, think attacking not plodding. Going up and down the field isnt going to happen when we roll out out current RT and he gets beat every play we arent good enough with our 5 lineman to run anything but an air raid concept, ball out fast short passes.

We did see different formations with DJ and experience will help him with reads in the zone read and hopefully buy some extra tics of the clock for passes. The puzzling thing is pass protection should be better its much easier to hold your own when you arent athletic compared to run blocking. We may need to downsize our linemen and gain some quickness to better run spread concepts. This would be a radical departure from what has being built from day 1.

Defensively, we looked better early in the game, stop on opening drive until a boneheaded penalty extended the drive for TD. We tackled better in space but we are going to look like ass until we find DL who can move and disengage. This insnt the nfl where 7-8 elite athletes are able to tackle in the 2nd and 3rd level.

BN needs to hand the reins to RC or someone else with the only input being, i will tell you when you are in a 4 down situation.

This marathon process just turned in a 5k race. He needs to light a fire and impress upon everyone in the organization that heads are going to roll and urgency and immediate accountability is the new “process”. The training wheels are off, the only safe space is on the bench. EVERYBODY in the organization is a professional start acting like one because business decisions will be the guiding principle moving forward.

• Like Like x 1
  3. gatorwalrus

gatorwalrus GC Hall of Fame

Sep 24, 2022
    Back in December or January I listed out all the position coach changes since his arrival. While many were happy to see his willingness to make changes (justifiably given previous HC) I saw a HC that was bad at identifying coaches and staff. Yet again, he knows the problems, I just don't have any belief he knows how to actually fix them. Everything is perpetually "correctable" but never actual corrected.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. WindoverG8tr

WindoverG8tr GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Agree that Billy has made superficial changes. Problem is he made some huge errors at the beginning-most importantly his coaching staff was not ready for the SEC. On top of being technically challenged and inexperienced they were piss poor recruiters. This is in spades for the offensive line. I honestly feel the only good recruiter is Billy himself, and that's because he comes across so genuine and earnest. On the defensive side, the boy blunder is a total F and yet he is still in charge. Billy just moves at the speed of a glacier.

• Like Like x 1
  5. gatorwalrus

gatorwalrus GC Hall of Fame

Sep 24, 2022
    And we deserve it...

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. KronoGator

KronoGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 10, 2007
    Steve Addazio will be calling the game on TV, maybe we can break out some dive plays.