Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Who thinks BN will be HC in 2025?

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by gatorfan828, Sep 3, 2024.

1. g8trjax

g8trjax GC Hall of Fame

Jun 1, 2007
    Help us, Obi-Wan Kenobi Dj Lagway. You're our Only Hope.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. Crusher

Crusher GC Hall of Fame

Apr 19, 2007
    Happens every off-season (and sometimes in-season)

3. MarineG8R

MarineG8R GC Hall of Fame

Nov 19, 2014
    Trust the process

4. MarineG8R

Nov 19, 2014
    Life coach

5. MarineG8R

Nov 19, 2014
    His process relies on superior talent like Saban at Bama. He managed to achieve that at Louisiana because he had superior talent in the SunBelt. He can’t achieve it in the SEC, everyone is talented and he’s not recruiting like the big dogs of the conference. He’s in over his head and other programs are coaching circles around him.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Winner Winner x 2
  6. phideltgator

phideltgator Senior

Oct 10, 2013
    miami
    Try plugging this in..
    Let's say we had Ward and the Caines had Mertz as starting qb in the opener.
    What do you think the score would have been?
    I think Napier might have won.

• Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  7. MarineG8R

Nov 19, 2014
    I disagree. Miami had the superior line play on both sides of the ball.

• Agree Agree x 11
  8. GameTime1

GameTime1 GC Legend

Jul 27, 2015
    Agree. But we didn’t even try the basics. We almost never set the edge on defense. And we never helped out with the DE pressure on O.

9. phideltgator

phideltgator Senior

Oct 10, 2013
    miami
    OK but Ward had the ability to scramble, didn't need a pocket but with quickness and speed and a cool head avoided the defense and made accurate zip passes down field.
    I wish there was a AI format that could plug this one in to.

10. phideltgator

phideltgator Senior

Oct 10, 2013
    miami
    I go back to Brady/Belichick. Who made BB the super HC?
    I still believe the QB dictates if the HC sinks or swims.

11. uftaipan

uftaipan GC Hall of Fame

May 31, 2007
    Fresno, CA
    Would that have made our offensive playcalling less predictable?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. LTG61

LTG61 GC Legend

Apr 10, 2007
    I'm thinking about changing my screen name to AmalgamaterG8r, or maybe The Amalgagator.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  13. okeechobee

okeechobee GC Hall of Fame

Sep 11, 2022
    Umm... Not me.

14. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

Celebrity Beyond. Amazing ship. I watched the shitty game Saturday then left on Sunday and totally avoided football for an entire week. It was therapeutic.
    I’m done arguing here. The Miami game was unexpected, and flatly unacceptable. I can’t argue in defense of a performance like that, and I was shocked at how unprepared and undisciplined Billy’s team was, with so much on the line.

Only other opinion I’ll share here is that it is profoundly stupid for UF to EVER schedule a big game like that in week 1. Some teams can pull it off — UF has never come out of the gate strong in week 1. Opening with cupcakes was good enough for Steve Spurrier and Urban Meyer - why our athletic department recently chose to take on ranked teams instead is head-scratching. The fact that we did this with an unproven head coach and an inexperienced team makes it all the more infuriating.

Go Gators. Win this week

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. gatorgrl

gatorgrl GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    Jacksonville
    I think he will start next season. But if things don’t drastically change he’s gone after that. I’m ok with him staying because maybe he gets real staff coaches and comes up with an offense. Aw he’ll who am I kidding. We need a competent defense too. Oy vey

16. FranceGator

FranceGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    I also think we should hope Billy makes another year. UF has to hire a president. Who hires an A.D. Who hires a coach. Which of those do you want to speed up and cut corners on?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  17. paidinfull

paidinfull GC Hall of Fame

Feb 22, 2017
    I think the UAA can figure out how to hire an ad and a coach. They’re the ones that fund these roles anyway.

I agree with you that not having a prez could muddy things up a bit, but I think when the money is ready to make a move, they’ll figure out how to get it done.

18. uftaipan

uftaipan GC Hall of Fame

May 31, 2007
    Fresno, CA
    I’ll suffer through another year of this amateur BS if and only if it is not possible to get a big name who has shown competence coaching and recruiting the P4 level (Kiffin, Gundy et al). Those other considerations don’t factor for me. If we can get Kiffin this season, without a new President or AD, then we need to do it. If we get a new President and/or AD and their best idea is bringing in the young hot hand from Sacajawea State, then we already have that. Might as well keep drilling straight into the earth with this guy.

• Winner Winner x 1
  19. gatorgrl

gatorgrl GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    Jacksonville
    Well the truth is we were piss poor in talent on the team so partly I think it’s true he needs minimum 4 years. That said we ain’t doing it with this staff and with Naps idea of offense that we’ve seen so far. Maybe that will change with the talent but if you can manage it better than why can’t we see it now. So I have a healthy dose of skepticism that it’s ever going to be ok. But. What we’ve done so far with firing coaches hasn’t worked so trying it this way is tough to swallow but swallow we must.

20. gatorfan828

gatorfan828 Sophomore

Dec 8, 2016
    Orlando, Florida
    I think there are only 2 ways he gets fired this season (mid or post)...
    1. We absolutely crap the bed and get blown out multiple times (already once) and are forced to make a move.
    2. We get an agreement behind closed doors from a big name coach (Kiffin) that they will accept the position if offered to them. Not sure who else is a "surefire" coach.

• Agree Agree x 1