Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Who is the most likely team to take out UCONN?

Discussion in 'Nuttin but Net' started by GTRM8, Mar 27, 2024.

1. tampajack1

tampajack1 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    This UConn team looks to me to be the best college basketball team there’s been since the 2007 Gators. That doesn’t mean they will win this year‘s championship, as anything can happen. The 2007 Florida team had, what I consider, one of the best frontcourts in college basketball history with depth on top of the starting three. The backcourt was solid, but not what I would consider to be a great back court when you take into account size, quickness, and defense. However, that backcourt fit in perfectly with the Gators frontcourt. I also considered Billy to be the best coach in college basketball during those years. I would not have traded him for any other coach, including coach K.
    UConn has Danny Hurley as its coach, and as big of a douche bag as that guy is, he is the best coach in college basketball today. He also is starting five guys who are likely to all move onto the NBA next year. His three starting guards have great talent and size. I don’t believe our guards in 2007 could have stopped these guys, although Cory Brewer could stop any small forward back in his college days. The two big men for UConn are not as a combo as good, in my opinion, as Noah and Horford. However, Donovan Clingan is a monster and they have a solid power forward in Alex Karaban. UConn does not have the depth that Florida had in 2007. And, if Clingan gets in foul trouble, then it becomes much easier to score at the basket against UConn.
    I am hoping to see a Purdue/UConn, final, as it would be fascinating to watch the battle of the bigs. If either one of them gets in early foul trouble, that could dictate the outcome of the game, although I believe that UConn has a big edge Over Purdue when you take away the big men.

2. wingtee

wingtee GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    Daytona Beach
    What does that mean . ? Asking for PE Majors everywhere

3. wingtee

wingtee GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    Daytona Beach
    Celtics

• Funny Funny x 2
  4. ofmgator12

ofmgator12 Senior

Jul 23, 2022
    Purdue

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. GTRM8

GTRM8 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 12, 2021
    I agree of the three left. I think Purdue has the greatest chance of taking down Uconn They have the big to contend with Uconn’s big. That would be a heckuva final game in my opinion.

6. GatorLurker

GatorLurker GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Globetrotters

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. GTRM8

GTRM8 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 12, 2021
    IMG_1536.jpeg

• Winner Winner x 2