Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

When Will Trump Supporters Stop Being Wrong?

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by PD, May 31, 2024.

1. PD

PD VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007

I see your personal vendetta against me never takes a day off. You never address what I say (other than to dishonestly say I just regurgitate what liberals have said a million times - care to correct that lie now?), you just talk ish about me personally.

And you even admit your deep hypocrisy that you’re chastising and insulting me for what you yourself did in 2016. How do people live with themselves when they are like this?

2. murphree_hall

murphree_hall VIP Member

Jul 11, 2019
    Yeah, it's ironic. Me, myself, I had the same views when Kap and other athletes were kneeling in protest as I do when the forum member said he wouldn't stand. It's everyone's right to stand or not. As long as you do it peacefully, I support the right to do so even if I don't support the cause. Now that shoe is on other foot, I think these folks are understanding what it means to be an American again.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. wgbgator

wgbgator Premium Member

Apr 19, 2007
    I cant believe an Epstein associate is mad about a rich person being convicted in a court of law

4. PD

PD VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    What appeal?
    What will be appealed?

For your education:

• You can’t appeal a jury’s decision.
    • You can’t appeal any finding of fact in a trial.
    • You can only appeal procedural errors or errors in the interpretation/application of the law.
    • You can’t appeal procedure or interpretations you don’t object to during the trial.

So what will they appeal?

You listed a bunch of irrelevant stuff that can’t be appealed. The time to object to any of that has long passed. They didn’t, so they can’t appeal. The appeals process isn’t just a chance for the losing defense to throw all the monkey feces they can find against the wall and see if any of it sticks.

And much of what you listed as grounds for appeal doesn’t even exist. You said, “How can it be that a defendant does not know the basis of the action against him until AFTER the presentation of witnesses?”…..well, it can’t be. And it wasn’t. Trump just said that to reporters because he’s a liar. It’s in the court transcript that he was asked before the trial started - as all defendants are - if he understands the charges against him. He answered emphatically “Yes”.

Part of your problem is that most of what you base your reality on is propaganda and lies told by Trump, his minions and Kremlin propaganda networks like Fox News.

Back to the question of what can they appeal:

Can’t appeal anything procedural. Judge played it by the book and bent over backwards to be preferential to the defense. The defense and Trump himself had to be reprimanded multiple times, and the judge always excused the jury so they wouldn’t be influenced by it. Not required, but just an example of how careful the judge was to make sure there are no openings for appeals.

So what interpretation or application of the law do you think is appealable? They didn’t object to anything substantive during the trial, so they are severely limited.

Last edited: May 31, 2024
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  5. tilly

tilly Superhero Mod. Fast witted. Bulletproof posts. Moderator VIP Member

Lol. People have said all of that in different forms and his official conviction doesnt change that. If the conviction is overturned will that make you wrong? Of course not. The facts are what they are. Court ruling notwithstanding. Many conservatives detest him.

You said way more than just he was a convicted fellon.

You also said that "anyone" who "ever" supported Trump was wrong about "everything" .

That isnt even close to true as many former Trump supporters have been very vocal that when presented with the growing facts about the man, that we indeed find him deplorable and the facts presented outweighed what we thought we knew previously.

All of this was not as readily available in 2016.

We see him much like you do. I mean if you need a pat on the back for seeing it a little sooner than by all means, you go there little fella. Good job.

But your MO is always to overgeneralize and shoot blindly into the crowd.

Mission accomplished I guess.

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. tilly

Hypocrisy? Do tell?

7. PD

PD VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    You must get all your information from Fox News, too. Alan Dershowitz is not a Biden voter or supporter. Did you miss the whole part where He defended Donald Trump in one of his Impeachment trials? Dershwitz has always always been nothing but whore. He worked on progressive causes earlier in his life because that’s where the ink was. That’s where he could get famous.

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. PD

PD VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    I did tell. It’s right there in what you quoted.

• Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
  9. Contra

Contra GC Hall of Fame

May 15, 2023
    I saw the part of the video posted in this thread where he said he voted for Biden last time around, but I guess PD knows more about Alan Dershowitz than even Alan Dershowitz himself.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. murphree_hall

murphree_hall VIP Member

Jul 11, 2019
    Sorry Tilly, we aren't accepting applications into the Democratic Party at this time.

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. sierragator

sierragator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Dershowitz is a shameless shill for the orange guy.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. Contra

Contra GC Hall of Fame

May 15, 2023
    Say what you want. Trump took down Roe vs. Wade with his judicial appointments. Democrat voters shamed conservative Christians for years because Roe vs. Wade would never be overturned. Well they were wrong.

Trump has publicly waffled on abortion, yes. That is true, but he also has the best resume in terms of actually overturning the status quo of abortion of any POTUS in the history of the US. Roe vs. Wade is gone largely because of him. I think Trump is saying what he needs to say to win the election knowing the Democrats want to make abortion a big issue. If Trump simply appoints whoever the Federalist Society recommends like he did last term, though, then the results will be the same next time he appoints judges. People inside the Trump campaign say his campaign is still against abortion. I have heard this from anti-abortion advocates who have reached out to the Trump's team about his abortion comments. So, there are mixed signals coming from the Trump camp.

13. GolphinGator

GolphinGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Gainesville/ Micanopy
    That is the opposite of what the attorney said yesterday on the local news. He stated that Florida goes by the law of the state the conviction was in.

"New York only disenfranchises people while serving a prison sentence, so assuming Trump is not sentenced to prison time, his rights would be restored by New York law and therefore also in Florida," Bowie said.

CBS News legal analyst and Loyola University Law School professor Jessica Levinson agreed, saying a person convicted of a felony can vote unless incarcerated.

"New York says you can vote unless he's incarcerated, so no incarceration means he can vote," Levinson said.

14. tilly

As someone who never watches Fox and only chooses CNN if I do rarely dip my feet into MSM news, I was watching CNN's Kaitlan Collins last night and she had (Clinton appointee) Former federal judge of 22 years, Shira Scheindlin as a guest. She thinks an appeal is very winnable.

"I think there's a chance that there are real serious appellate issues here. Remember, by the time it goes to appeal, it's not about the facts. It's about the law. And there are some very interesting legal questions here that they can raise and should raise. So, we'll see. I'm not -- I'm not calling a winner. But I'm saying there are serious appellate issues....On the facts, the evidence was there. But there are legal issues here"

15. tilly

How is something i did nearly a decade ago "hypocrisy"? Hypocrisy would be continuing to support him knowing what I now do.

This is what you do. Its what I am talking about.
    Sigh.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. tilly

Nor would I be interested. :D

• Funny Funny x 2
  17. philnotfil

philnotfil GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    The Republicans have no platform. Hopefully they will fix that this year, but they chose not to present a platform to the American people and let Trump lead the way.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. tilly

I wont call you a liar like you did me...but...
    He voted for Biden in 2020.
    He has voted Dem in every election since 1960 and has said he is only considering a change based on the Israeli conflict.

But he 100% did vote for Biden.

19. Contra

Contra GC Hall of Fame

May 15, 2023
    That is just a narrative. Trump has an R next to his name. If he wins the election his appointments will be bunch of people who have historic ties to the Republican Party and subsequently the Republican Party platform. And for the most part they will act in accordance with the Republican party platform.

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. murphree_hall

murphree_hall VIP Member

Jul 11, 2019
    This is the equivalent of, "You can't fire me because I quit."

• Funny Funny x 2