Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

When does the exercise of free speech cross the line to illegality?

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by ursidman, Sep 19, 2024 at 8:09 AM.

1. CHFG8R

CHFG8R GC Hall of Fame

Apr 24, 2007
    St. Augustine, FL
    Because it's inherently not. Change the tone of voice, add another sentence or phrase and it could mean two very different things. "I can't believe AR-15s are legal. Someone is going to shoot up my school today."

Context matters. Which is why a government "rule" here is nonsensical. They would be neither willing nor able to review these things with context in mind.

2. CHFG8R

CHFG8R GC Hall of Fame

Apr 24, 2007
    St. Augustine, FL
    Unless Harris wins, then it will be a crime to point out the obvious re. Hamas (they're bloodthirsty killers who sacrificed innocent Palestinians for their own petty political power).

3. CHFG8R

CHFG8R GC Hall of Fame

Apr 24, 2007
    St. Augustine, FL
    They spit on the concept of arguing in good faith and have an 8-year track record to back that up. It's pointless. They're useless. Don't waste your time unless you want to play the 8th-grade insult game.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Wish I would have said that Wish I would have said that x 1
  4. vegasfox

vegasfox GC Hall of Fame

Feb 4, 2024
    Didn't the Democrats say the Hunter Biden laptop story was Russian disinformation? Isn't Hillary now suggesting that anyone spreading disinformation should face civil or criminal prosecution? If the Democrats are in power "disinformation" could be whatever they want it to be.

Welcome to the USSR

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. GatorFanCF

GatorFanCF Premium Member

Apr 14, 2007