Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

What's YOUR final top 10?

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by ApexNC, Jan 9, 2024.

1. ApexNC

ApexNC GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    NC
    I'm curious in the last year of the "final four" beauty contest, what's your final top 10 after the dust has settled? Here's mine based on what I think are the best teams.

1. Georgia - One bad game vs Bama (thank goodness!). IMO, clearly the most talented roster in the country
    2. Michigan - Strong team lead by a despicable jerk. I think uga would beat them
    3. Bama - Beat uga and took Mich to overtime.
    4. Washington - Not a great showing in the championship game, but they got there by beating some very good teams.
    5. Texas - Beat Bama and came awfully close to knocking off Washington
    6. Oregon - Only losses were close ones vs Washington
    7. Ole Miss - Only losses were to bama and uga. Beat PSU in a meaningless bowl game
    8. Missouri - Gave them the nod due to beating tOSU in a meaningless bowl game
    9. Ohio State - Talented, but who did they really beat?
    10. f$u - Had a very good year. Excellent defense. Not tested at all in conference. Showed their true colors in their meaningless bowl game. If you care about your program, at least show up.

That being said, in the system under which the 2023 season was run, Michigan won and deserves the title (unless/until it gets vacated). I still think georgia is the best team, but the system wasn't kind to them. To their credit, they accepted it and moved ahead...unlike that school out west.

What say you? I expect I'll get push back for having uga and f$u ranked too high.

• Like Like x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  2. Claygator

Claygator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    Michigan one, UGA two. Michigan beat Bama, UGA didn't. The rest of your rankings I agree with.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. archigator_96

archigator_96 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2020
    I would swap 1 and 2 or maybe move Bama up since they beat UGAG. The only one I feel strongly about is no way was FSU the 10th best. I would have put Penn St. there. FSU without Travis is closer to 15.

• Like Like x 1
  4. 96Gatorcise

96Gatorcise GC Hall of Fame

Aug 6, 2008
    Tampa
    The final AP poll has
    Mich
    Washington
    Texas
    Georgia
    Bama
    Oregon/FSU tie
    Mizzou
    Ole Miss
    OSU

The final Coaches poll
    Has Texas/UGA swapped
    And FSU ahead of Oregon

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  5. gatordavisl

gatordavisl VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    northern MN
    1. Michigan
    2. Georgia
    3. Washington
    4. Texas
    5. Bama
    6. Oregon
    7. Mizzou
    8. Ohio St
    9. Ole Miss
    10. Arizona

• Like Like x 1
  6. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    [​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. vaxcardinal

vaxcardinal GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    No way fsu is a top 10 team without their QB

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. partdopy

partdopy GC Hall of Fame

Feb 1, 2012
    I also think UGA is a better team than Alabama despite losing that game, but Michigan is clearly #1. Undefeated, beat Washington, Alabama, and Ohio State. No major injuries.

Jim is a weirdo and I didn't watch more than 10 minutes of the game yesterday because I don't like him or care about Michigan but you can't really argue the ranking.

UGA could very well beat them but demonstrated by their loss to Alabama they could also very well lose.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. hhpgator

hhpgator GC Hall of Fame

Jun 13, 2017
    I couldn’t care less about the sign stealing business after seeing what programs like the clown school will do effecting real victims just to win a game. Michigan beat OSU along with two other conference champions. UGA may have the most talented roster, but Michigan proved it on the field that they were #1 this year.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1