Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

What's happening in DeSantistan 2.0

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by gator_lawyer, Jun 9, 2023.

1. citygator

citygator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Charlotte
    Pretty mature response.

• Like Like x 4
  2. enviroGator

enviroGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 12, 2007
    Ron, getting a fake account to brag on yourself on GC isn't going to help in the primaries.

• Funny Funny x 7
  3. mrhansduck

mrhansduck GC Hall of Fame

Nov 23, 2021
    Stopped at this first one. Are you sure he didn't get a baseball scholarship?

DeSantis is the clear choice

At Dunedin High, he starred in baseball and earned a full scholarship to Yale University.

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  4. slocala

slocala VIP Member

Jan 11, 2009
    Good response. Focused on what he was doing.

I thought it was cringy to mention oiled up body builders. All men are the same, ultimately — sneaking peeks. Wonder if he got a side eye from Chasten at home.

5. mdgator05

mdgator05 Premium Member

Dec 9, 2010
    The reality: they are emotionally helping people that don't want to face how LGBTQ people make them feel, so they would rather they not exist. For some, it is that they can't deal with the cognitive dissonance of their feelings of revulsion or hatred or the like with how they view themselves (which is often that they view themselves as people who aren't bigoted). For others, it is pretty much the opposite (they don't like the comfort they have looking at oiled up people of the same gender). Regardless, they need government to save them from these feelings.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. DoubleDown11

DoubleDown11 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 12, 2007
    Ivy League schools don't give athletic scholarships.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. VAg8r1

VAg8r1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    While Ivy League schools do not award athletic scholarships they do have a category for students with special talents or abilities (not sure exactly what terminology they use for those scholarships) which they use to recruit athletes. That being said athletes still have to meet the schools minimum academic standards which are usually rather high.

8. mrhansduck

mrhansduck GC Hall of Fame

Nov 23, 2021
    Interesting, I didn't know that.

9. tampajack1

tampajack1 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    I don’t believe that Yale gives out athletic scholarships. However, anyone who is admitted to Yale is entitled to financial aid, depending on the economic status of he and his family. In other words, if DeSantis’s parents were flat broke, then DeSantis could’ve gotten a full ride to Yale.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. BossaGator

BossaGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 10, 2007
    Arlington, VA
    Requirements to get into Yale are slightly more flexible for athletes but financial aid is need-based. There are no athletic scholarships as such.

11. HeyItsMe

HeyItsMe GC Hall of Fame

Mar 7, 2009
    Lots of people move to Florida for various other reasons that have nothing to do with Deshithead. I can’t wait for his presidential bid to go up in flames so he can finally go away forever. Dude is a horrendous human being and an even bigger pile of trash as governor. He’s done nothing but spread hate during his time as governor, pass bigoted and hateful legislation, and hasn’t improved the lives of his constituents one bit. He’s great if you’re white, Christian, and straight, otherwise he sucks complete ass, hence why his numbers outside of Florida are terrible.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  12. rock8591

rock8591 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    I knew this thread would eventually devolve to egg throwing, sooner or later.

For the record, I am "non-white" and religiously unaffiliated (budding Scientologist). Life under RDS and his predecessor Rick Scott has been great and actual Floridians agree. When you win 59-39%, including Palm Beach and Miami Dade county, that means you are doing something right and have crossed party lines.

I couldn't care less about anecdotes here and there.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 2
  13. rabidgatorfan

rabidgatorfan VIP Member VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Agree, but a certain sect on TH4SG like smelling their own farts too much to understand logic, reason, and applying the Constitution equally and fairly. They think their echo-chamber is America at-large. We will see in about 15 months.

• Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. gator_lawyer

gator_lawyer VIP Member

Oct 30, 2017
    L-O-L. Gotta love the irony of DeSantis fans talking to anybody else about "applying the Constitution equally and fairly." He has spent the last three years repeatedly losing in the federal courts because he and his cronies in the legislature violated the Constitution.

In fact, Ron lost again today. Direct quote from the federal court: "Florida may, of course, regulate elections, including the voter registration process. Here, however, the challenged provisions exemplify something Florida has struggled with in recent years; namely, governing within the bounds set by the United States Constitution."

But hey, I'm sure in your world of "alternative" facts, logic, and reason, Ron never violates whatever you think the Constitution is.

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
  15. Gator40

Gator40 Avada Kedavra

Apr 3, 2007
    I knew he'd try to infiltrate this place to garner votes. ;)

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  16. Sohogator

Sohogator GC Hall of Fame

Aug 22, 2012
    Some pleasant news re DeSatan.

‘We are way behind’: Top DeSantis PAC official sounds alarm

In a completely unrelated note every Scientologist I’ve ever come across has been a raging asshole.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. docspor

docspor GC Hall of Fame

Nov 30, 2010
    yeah, will be interesting to see if Wokey boy even makes it to the primaries. He’ll probably have put his Trump knee pads back on by then

• Agree Agree x 3
  18. BigCypressGator1981

BigCypressGator1981 GC Hall of Fame

Oct 11, 2011
    • Funny Funny x 2
  19. tampagtr

tampagtr VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Good news

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  20. rock8591

rock8591 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    100% the truth.

Certain segment (notably - extreme leftists, hippies) like to call everyone who disagree with them terms like human trash, etc, etc...when they don't realize what they're doing is just making me side with folks like RDS even more and more.

So I'll say it again.

Ronald Dion DeSantis is my hero.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1