Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

What Policy Position Change by Harris are you OK with to win?

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by CaptUSMCNole, Oct 22, 2024 at 9:24 PM.

1. citygator

citygator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Charlotte
    Took a democratic congress to do that. Sure Obama was a steward of it... but if he was an authoritarian criminal I would not have voted for him and who knows what healthcare would look like today? But we wouldnt have endured 4 more years of the deconstruction of our democracy.

2. G8trGr8t

G8trGr8t Premium Member

Aug 26, 2008
    already too much in the global pipeline, expect LNG prices to drop and by the time demand catches up to supply, other sources for electricity should be in production, ie next gen nuclear, more efficient solar, geothermal, etc

A 'tidal wave' of natural gas supply — the biggest yet — will reshape global markets, says RBC Capital

The supply injection is likely to thrust the market into an extended period of oversupply by the end of 2026, which will remain until 2030, with prices possibly moving below double-digits, analysts such as RBC's Anan Dhanani have projected.

Futures for the Dutch Title Transfer Facility (TTF) hub, a European benchmark for natural gas transactions, were trading at $12.78 per mmbtu on Wednesday on the New York Mercantile Exchange.

Throughout the year, a growing chorus of analysts have warned that tepid demand growth coupled with looming waves of export capacity could lead to a massively oversupplied market. As a stream of planned infrastructure continues to flood the market, it's unclear if demand will increase to absorb each wave.

Oversupply and depressed prices underscore the bearish sentiments in the LNG sector, said Rystad Energy senior analyst Masanori Odaka. Suppliers are now increasingly prioritizing LNG used for shipping utilization over arbitrage opportunities, i.e. profit margins.

3. CaptUSMCNole

CaptUSMCNole Premium Member

May 23, 2007
    NCR
    This is not about voting for Trump. It is about centrist R’s not voting for him and leaving it blank/write in/third party versus persuading them to vote for Harris.

4. citygator

citygator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Charlotte
    That's on them. I am not sure how anyone would be conflicted for President. I get not throwing out conservative pillars and voting a straight democratic ticket, but the President?

5. GatorJMDZ

GatorJMDZ gatorjack VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    I don't think the OP knows too much about pregnancy, abortions and the law. His proposal #2 is essentially Roe v. Wade and also is essentially Amendment 4. A4 is couched in terms of viability, but that's generally considered to be around 24-28 weeks, with the chances of survival increasing roughly 10%/week...40% at 24 weeks, 80% at 28 weeks. The second trimester ends at 26 weeks. Most Dems would have no issue agreeing to OP's #2 to get the whackjobs' noses out of women's private parts. I hope his omission of incest was accidental because that's just gross.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. danmanne65

danmanne65 GC Hall of Fame

Jul 2, 2022
    DeLand
    Number two is pretty close to roe v wade which was pretty good legislation by our judicial branch. lol. I think 7 and 8 are a hard no for me. Public schools are mentioned in our constitution. If you want to spend your money on private schools go ahead but no state funding of private schools.

There is a state constitutional amendment in Florida to have non partisan elections for public school boards. It seems that right wing wackos don’t want to be outed as being anti public education. Floridians vote for democrats because they want their kids to get a decent public education no matter how the whack jobs want to not support it.

7. l_boy

l_boy 5500

Jan 6, 2009
    Some of the below I actually support, others not so much but I could live with.

I’m good with centrist judges - to be clear none of the current republican appointees are centrist, with the occasional exception of Roberts.

It kills me when people post stuff like this. This was pretty much the way it was during Roe v wade. The notion that there are numerous 3rd trimester abortions for convenience or birth control is just nuts. 3rd trimester sbortions are rare, and almost always due to health reasons or mother or fetus.

I don’t ideologically have an issue with a wall, but there are some places where it isn’t practical due to geographic and environmental features or personal property rights. I think it’s overrated but I don’t really care. Build a stupid wall for all I care.

I’m pretty sure this has happened with every Democratic president since Woodrow Wilson and will happen with Harris also but sure. Put it in writing.

I’m good with that. Seems to me Biden is also, and so is Harris

The issue with nuclear is cost, not slow approval but fine, whatever.

I really don’t like this one at all. Why should government fund private schools, mainly for the upper middle class? But if I had to accept this new form of conservative welfare program it I would knowing that it will likely deteriorate our education system.

I’m not sure how this would work and I generally don’t like it. But I’d stomach it given no other choice.

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. PITBOSS

PITBOSS GC Hall of Fame

Apr 13, 2007

So for this hypothetical she would lose otherwise? I would be open to anything to keep trump out of office. He is that dangerous. Listen to his past admin.

she had repeatedly said she would sign the border bill the repubs wrote but maga squashed, to help Trump. They wanted to hurt the country to help him. But imo she should have been more vocal sooner about the border. And i might already agree with 2.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2024 at 1:56 PM
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. CaptUSMCNole

May 23, 2007
    NCR
    There is no promise that she would win if she makes these policy concession and no guarantee that she will lose if she does not. It basically comes down to if Democrats would be willing to try and buy down the risk of Harris losing by offering policy concession to centrist R Haley voters in order to get their vote in what appears to be a very close election.

10. CaptUSMCNole

May 23, 2007
    NCR
    So you are good with #2. Any others?

11. vegasfox

vegasfox GC Hall of Fame

Feb 4, 2024
    One policy change for Harris would be to stop lying 24/7.

Read this lol

12. vegasfox

vegasfox GC Hall of Fame

Feb 4, 2024
    This is what a baby looks like at the end of the 2nd trimester Screenshot_20241023_153931_DuckDuckGo.jpg

13. mrhansduck

mrhansduck GC Hall of Fame

Nov 23, 2021
    Haven't looked at any data on this, but my gut is that folks who really liked Haley but don't like Trump might be more concerned about Trump's personal and criminal issues (his age, January 6th, his treatment of women, etc.) or even foreign policy (his apparent admiration for Putin). I'm not sure folks who fit into that category are likely to affirmatively vote for Harris. While I don't think Florida will be very close, I've had a Republican family member tell me she can't bring herself to vote for either of them. If there are enough of those voters, it could make a difference in a state that is very close.

14. gaterzfan

gaterzfan GC Hall of Fame

Feb 6, 2020
    Dang!!! If this is true she is a fraud and twit.

"The reality is that she did no more than 10 cases. And if you credit her boss, Hallinan, she did only one case in San Francisco, not 2. And that drops her total down to 9 cases over a 10-year span and that includes civil cases she tried, which I have already been told though a records act request to San Francisco, there’s no record of her having done a civil trial while working for the City Attorney’s Office.

And, of course, no one can locate any transcripts of this universe of 9 cases either.

Kamala’s track record of doing trials is a case of the incredible shrinking track record.

And no one has been able to prove to me that she first-chaired a single one of her 9 trials."

15. vegasfox

vegasfox GC Hall of Fame

Feb 4, 2024
    Funny

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. PITBOSS

PITBOSS GC Hall of Fame

Apr 13, 2007
    Imo she should have moved much more deliberately and emphatically to the middle. Of course I’m biased but also more of the public is there, vs extremes.

17. Orange_and_Bluke

Orange_and_Bluke Premium Member

Dec 16, 2015
    [​IMG]

18. BigCypressGator1981

BigCypressGator1981 GC Hall of Fame

Oct 11, 2011
    It’s not about policy for me. I’d hand the keys to the White House to any other republican right now if it meant no Trump. I just want that piece of awful shit out of my life.

• Agree Agree x 4