Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

What has happened to Kelby Collins

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by oneatatime, Sep 17, 2024 at 8:11 AM.

1. DieAGator

DieAGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    But we have recruited DL at a reasonably high level. Is it still LB play? We have ITNH of 21 DL on roster. Yes, some are walk on types, some young, some transfers. But we cannot get 7 or 8? Our DT/DE recruiting has not been poor. Some of these guys have to be players, with good coaching.

2. Montanagator

Montanagator All American

Dec 13, 2009
    Too many cooks in the kitchen. Bear Bryant didn't have that big a staff.

3. hawaiigator

hawaiigator GC Legend

Sep 9, 2018
    I don’t buy that for a second. I see it more as a coach who is rewarding a player for something like coming to practice and being a good role model vs. being the guy that can go out there and make plays. We saw what the other guys were capable of in comparison. Billy isn’t playing the best we have, he’s playing everyone we have whether we are winning or losing.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  4. kryptonite

kryptonite GC Hall of Fame

Dec 12, 2008
    On Saturday we had a TE stroll by 3 db with no other receivers on that side of the field, and all passed him off and he had an uncontested td catch. We may not have anybody else who knows what to do.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. WindoverG8tr

WindoverG8tr GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    I’m also concerned about our 5 star dl recruit McCray not getting enough snaps, development. At this point we know some of the veterans are mediocre at best, why not play the young dogs with the higher ceiling? In his limited snaps I’ve seen several impressive plays already.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. gainesvillegreen44

gainesvillegreen44 GC Legend

Nov 5, 2015
    Omnipresent
    I cannot like this post anymore than I have. THIS- right here- sums up the problem under Nape. Ppl get rewarded for hard work and knowing your teammates mom’s maiden name over talent on GAMEDAY. I think effort and hard work are super important- hell, it’s the ONLY reason I get by in life… but Billy’s job is to win fn games and you cannot tell me Mizell and Tank don’t put you in a better position to win- and if they don’t then that’s also on you and your route concepts, play designs, play calling, development and getting a player in who can get them the ball anywhere on the field.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. pogba

pogba Junior

Nov 28, 2013
    If you are seeing the clip I think, Des played it right and was covering the gap. Then Emmitt's son run away from him to the other side of the line with a nice cutback.

8. kes

kes GC Hall of Fame

May 26, 2007
    DeLand, FL
    Welcome to “the system”. Plug and play anyone and everyone.