Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

What do You Think of Kamala Harris, and why?

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by gatorjo, Jul 3, 2024.

1. Contra

Contra GC Hall of Fame

May 15, 2023
    A high number of people who self identify as Christian in the US also support abortion.

There were also Christians who opposed the third reich such as Dietrich Bonhoeffer just as there are some Christians in the US who oppose abortion.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. AgingGator

AgingGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 24, 2007
    Try to justify his and his brother’ wealth. Were waiting

3. NavyGator93

NavyGator93 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 4, 2015
    Georgia
    I honestly don't know much about Harris, which is kind of the role of VP.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. mrhansduck

mrhansduck GC Hall of Fame

Nov 23, 2021
    I just started this Ezra Klein's podcast about her. Audio only. I always appreciate his questions and analysis. Probably worth a listen.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. duggers_dad

duggers_dad GC Hall of Fame

Jan 5, 2022
    Useless, but it would be racist to replace her.

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. BLING

BLING GC Hall of Fame

Apr 16, 2007
    So all Christian’s who accept some abortion, by your inference, are “false” Christian’s?

Good. So we’ve established that expanding religious doctrine on the whole is a fruitless endeavor, resulting in millions of “fake believers” at best, or those who would do evil, at worst.

Thanks for backing up what I’ve been saying for years.

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. gatorjo

gatorjo GC Hall of Fame

Feb 24, 2024
    I know- total financial scammers.

It's crazy how both of them got caught stealing from charities, settled a suit for running a fake university, found to have committed election related financial fraud, own a company for which the CEO is currently incarcerated for financial fraud.

Oh, wait........

Also, it sure is good we have crime fighting bastions of morality like YOU using their votes to keep politicians honest.

Oh, wait....

• Like Like x 1
    • Off-topic Off-topic x 1
  8. AgingGator

Apr 24, 2007
    Stop your brainless babble and answer the question. How do you justify his immense wealth? How do you justify his brother’s wealth? How do you justify Hunter’s income. I am quite certain that you know the answer but just don’t want to admit it.

Politics is a very profitable business. It is also as seedy and corrupt as any business that politicians rail on and investigate.

I would support full financial audits of all House, Senate, VP and POTUS. I mean full financial audits. I mean Alvin Bragg connect dots without numbers audits. I mean audits that go so far up the butt that the scope hits the back of their throat.

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. VAg8r1

VAg8r1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Joe Biden earned millions of dollars through speaking engagements and through a large book advance not unlike a lot of former politicians and while I personally have problems with the large speaking fees for politicians especially those that may run office again there is nothing illegal regarding the practice. Remember Sarah Pallin? Joe Biden like a lot of the other Americans his age also benefited from the appreciation of real estate that he acquired over a period of decades.
    Biden earned more than $15 million after leaving White House
    Since leaving the White House, Biden and his wife signed a multibook deal with Flatiron Books valued at $8 million, according to Publishers Weekly. Biden’s first book , an account of his son Beau’s death from cancer, briefly topped bestseller lists in 2017. He and his wife have also worked on two other book projects.

Biden earned $540,000 as a professor and namesake of the University of Pennsylvania’s Penn Biden Center for Diplomacy and Global Engagement. Jill Biden made at least $700,000 in her own speaking engagements, the disclosure shows.

Joe Biden’s basic speaking fee was reportedly $100,000 a speech, but his disclosure showed that while some appearances were priced as low as the $40,000 range, others ranged as high as $190,000 for a lecture at Drew University in New Jersey.

As far as James Biden is concerned he undoubtedly profited by creating the illusion that he could influence his brother. There is absolutely no evidence that James Biden ever actually influenced his brother in exchange for those fees.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  10. gatorjo

gatorjo GC Hall of Fame

Feb 24, 2024
    Stop your hypocritical babbling. You support a ****ing CONVICTED FELON, and will presumably vote for him for the highest office in the country.

So that makes YOU little better than a criminal yourself, and I can assure you that I consider myself above a criminal and I don't answer to anyone beneath me.

Now as for your insistence that I prove a negative....nah. You prove that YOU aren't a financial criminal. Or minimally, YOU prove that those you accuse committed a crime.

And in the meantime, direct your hypocritical babbling at someone besides me.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. AgingGator

Apr 24, 2007
    I could withstand the audit that I wish for the politician. Can you?

Yoy might want to wait a few months before putting that all caps CONVICTED FELON in there. There’s a lot of time left on the clock.

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  12. gatorjo

gatorjo GC Hall of Fame

Feb 24, 2024
    LMFAO. Me? Audit me? Whatever you say man. Audit everyone.

Weird that pretty much the only person who fails every single audit for every single entity, every single time......is the -yup- CONVICTED FELON that you so strongly support.

I'm starting to think that the cognitive dissonance you must be feeling, from supporting a traitor criminal, is starting to affect your mental health.

Be careful with that, sir. Time to look inward?

13. AgingGator

Apr 24, 2007
    I would put a significant amount of money on the bet that no federal politician, who has been in it for more than five years would fare any better then Trump IF they were subjected to the same financial microscope that Trump has been under for eight years. Not a single one.

As for your suggestion, I have done quite well in life not taking advice from delusional, simple minded people. I see no need to change that practice at 65 years old. Maybe some of young libs here will listen to your babble. The rest of us pay you little attention. ( See, people are smarter than you think)

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  14. gatorjo

gatorjo GC Hall of Fame

Feb 24, 2024
    Congratulations.

And yeah, Trump is no different than....any federal politician.

That's why he was twice impeached, four times indicted of 91 felonies, CONVICTED of 34 felonies, found liable for both defamation and sexual assault, banned from running charities, forced to settle for a scam university, and the CFO of his company incarcerated for fraud.

They're all the same. Really, they are. :)

#CultLife

• Winner Winner x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Wish I would have said that Wish I would have said that x 1
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  15. demosthenes

demosthenes Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    How much money do you think Biden has? He’s an 81 year old attorney that made 3-4x median wages his entire career, was worth around 2.5M when he left the VP, has made considerably more than that the past four years as President, and the lion’s share of his wealth came from political speeches and book deal between his time as VP and Pres.

16. BLING

BLING GC Hall of Fame

Apr 16, 2007

Writing some books and doing speeches for millions is unfathomable corruption

But a dude raking in Billions from the Saudi’s and Russian oligarchs is ok. Because he’s a BuSiNeSsMaN. Nevermind the fact that none of Trumps “businesses” seem to have ever turned a profit. Guess that’s unimportant.

• Like Like x 2
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  17. AgingGator

Apr 24, 2007
    Just how much money do you think Biden made in five years as a fresh out of law school attorney in the 1960’s. Geez guys, open your friggin eyes. This guys been sucking off the government teet for 51 years. You don’t rich on a senators salary. Senators get rich by selling favors and votes

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Wish I would have said that Wish I would have said that x 1
  18. Contra

Contra GC Hall of Fame

May 15, 2023
    I am not going to say with certainty whether they are Christians or not. I do not know.

Christians are capable of falling into great sin just as non-believers are, but true Christians repent of their sin. A true Christian can live in sin but not forever. A good tree will eventually bear good fruit, and a bad tree cannot bear good fruit.

19. BigCypressGator1981

BigCypressGator1981 GC Hall of Fame

Oct 11, 2011
    your posts read like a hodgepodge of bumper stickers

20. demosthenes

demosthenes Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Use my brain? lol, ok bud.

First, you never answered how much you think Biden is worth.

Second, yes, he absolutely could have been worth $2.5M when he left the VP as a 73 yo. My father is 72 and worth more than that despite being a career service member and never making as much as Biden.

You claim to be financially savvy so I can only assume we’re working off vastly different net worth assumptions or your extreme bias is coloring thoughts on the topic.