Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

What do You Think of Kamala Harris, and why?

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by gatorjo, Jul 3, 2024.

1. AgingGator

AgingGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 24, 2007
    WHOA NELLIE!!!!!

I don’t always agree with Contra, but equating him to Jo is some serious fightin words!!!!

Some on the far right here can match up well as far as ideology goes but Jo wins hands down win you add on his aggressive personality and self righteous anger!!!!

2. l_boy

l_boy 5500

Jan 6, 2009
    She was chosen because she was the best black woman, at least on paper. Biden succumbed to liberals demands of putting a black woman on the ticket.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. l_boy

l_boy 5500

Jan 6, 2009
    Or it’s probably a nervous laughter. It’s a bit annoying but I give it zero weight on whether she is a suitable choice or not.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. ETGator1

ETGator1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    See you chose to gloss over Kamala came from a family of Jamaican slave owners. White, or brown on 1/2, I don't care. I don't like her for how she got started in California and how she handled the AG job in California. You dems can and should do better than Kamala or leave Biden alone at this late date.

5. mdgator05

mdgator05 Premium Member

Dec 9, 2010
    A fair number of Black Americans (and Jamaicans) are the descendants of children born due to slave owner rapes of their slaves. What is your point?

Fascinating that you chose to open with something that you don't care about. It is almost like you do care.

6. ETGator1

ETGator1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Kamala came from the ones doing the raping, the owners. Slave owners in Jamaica were not exclusive to the white race.

7. AndyGator

AndyGator VIP Member

Apr 10, 2007
    I am NPA and not a democrat. If Biden did back out at this late point, how would democrats even choose a new candidate?

8. mdgator05

mdgator05 Premium Member

Dec 9, 2010
    She came from both. That is how rape works. Do we need to have a birds-and-the-bees talk with you?

BTW, her father's claim is that the family came from Hamilton Brown, who was a White, Protestant, Ulster-Scot slaveowner, and a Black woman, so not sure the point of the rest of this.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2024
    • Funny Funny x 2
  9. danmanne65

danmanne65 GC Hall of Fame

Jul 2, 2022
    DeLand
    I think I am caught in out of date thinking. I think where you make your speeches and where your running mate is from still matters. I will have to think on this.

10. AgingGator

Apr 24, 2007
    I mentioned the laugh as part of the likability that she severely lacks.

• Informative Informative x 1
  11. ETGator1

ETGator1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Regardless of this silly bit on race with Kamala being black, white, and brown, there is plenty on her California life that will be subject for much greater scrutiny than what was administered as a vice-presidential candidate. Nothing would be off limits. She was not vetted as well as she would be as a presidential candidate. It's easy to find articles, but let's wait to see if anything comes of Biden stepping down or if the 25th Amendment is used as it should be to remove Biden from office.

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. gatorjo

gatorjo GC Hall of Fame

Feb 24, 2024
    I just don't think highly of people who would vote for a criminal traitor. You should give it a try.

And compared to some people, like YOU, you can bet your a$$ I'm self-righteous. I would never happily shill for and vote for as POTUS a rapist, a traitor, a convicted felon, someone twice impeached, a serial adulterer, someone who stole and tried to keep classified documents, who accepted election help from Russia, or who tried to illegally overturn an election. ANY one of those is a disqualifier.

You? Your vote will check ALL those boxes! :):):)

Must feel good? :)

• Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  13. phatGator

phatGator GC Hall of Fame

Dec 3, 2007
    Dayton, Ohio
    I wish either party would nominate Gabbard.

• Come On Man Come On Man x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. Contra

Contra GC Hall of Fame

May 15, 2023
    Say what you want. You may not agree that we exterminate one-third of the innocent in every generation in this nation, but if someone authentically believes that is what happens in this country they have every right to vote on the basis of that authentically held belief. I don't care what political objection you think is morally congruent to that. There is no political evil that is morally equivalent to that if it is true.

All of you that put your fingers in your ears, and then scream..."LALALALALALALA...TRUMP this, TRUMP that, TRUMP this, Trump that...LALALALALALALA" in response to that show a gross intolerance to other people's authentically held beliefs. If you smile and puff your chest with pride while exterminating one-third of the innocent in your entire nation, then there is no greater political evil than that. That is the pinnacle of political evil. It is exactly what the Nazis did. It is what made Hitler what we know him to be today.

A person who votes on that authentically held religious belief should not be morally rebuked for holding that view. They can hold that view, and then vote 3rd party. They also can hold that view and vote for the lesser of two evils. Both of those ways of voting are defensible if someone believes our nation has become the moral equivalent of Nazi Germany.

• Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  15. gatorjo

gatorjo GC Hall of Fame

Feb 24, 2024
    Wait, what?!

Is this guy, the Trumpiest fan boy in history, trying to imply that he doesn't like a politician because they allegedly......may have acted in a sexually inappropriate manner?

Are we hearing this properly?

Wait, WHAT?!?!

Do we have an ardent Trump supporter who is very very concerned about......RAPE? (No less that supposedly occurred up to 300 years ago)

Are we supposed to hear this and not just laugh?

• Agree Agree x 5
  16. mdgator05

mdgator05 Premium Member

Dec 9, 2010
    You know how I know that you actually believe none of that? Because a person truly living in what they considered Nazi Germany would be doing one of three things: 1. Attempting to overthrow the government, 2. Getting out of there, 3. Both.

Instead, you are mouthing off on a message board about how you don't like one of the political parties. Very courageous and shows how deeply held your beliefs really are!

• Like Like x 1
  17. AgingGator

Apr 24, 2007
    When the alternative is a moron who now has dementia, who has enriched himself, his brother, and his son selling international influence at the public trough for decades, then yes, you are right. Add in the fact that said alternative has made racist statements, has allowed our borders to be abused for years, and brought substantial inflation back into our economy, tries to mandate a ridiculous zero emissions policy, and did mandate ridiculous Covid vaccines then that yes turns into hell yes. Add in that same said alternative has totally bungled foreign policy to the point of potential WWIII, with wars in Eastern Europe, mid East, and on the brink in the Pacific, that becomes a F#@k YES.

What kinda of a friggin idiot informs the defense industrial base of significant spending reductions, and then lets 2 wars to get started and an unchecked Taliban to operate at will, and show weakness after weakness to China? Let me save you some time; that friggin idiot is Joe Biden.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  18. gatorjo

gatorjo GC Hall of Fame

Feb 24, 2024
    Turned your own post into a laugher right at the start with the "enriched" part. :) Couldn't go on.

Fortunately you have that Trump guy who'd never use the office of POTUS, or anything similar, to hire and/or....enrich.....himself or family. :) *

* Other than stealing and (probably) selling classified intelligence documents.

• Winner Winner x 1
  19. docspor

docspor GC Hall of Fame

Nov 30, 2010
    Some dumb people who self righteously preached against the horrors of alcohol consumption, voted for policies & politicians in a successful effort to ban alcohol & it was banned in all 50 states. Alcohol strength, deaths & consumption increased considerably due to their actions. So, what did they accomplish? They empowered BIG GOV, they deprived people of a right (fundamental IMO) & made the problem worse. But, I’m sure you with all your drama queen flamboyance got it all figured out. Seems you are more concerned with feeling good about your moral superiority than you are with dead babies.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. VAg8r1

VAg8r1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Adding the caveat that this is just a guess since I'm not familiar the Democratic Party's rules, Biden would release the delegates from their commitment to vote for him on the first ballot. Theoretically they would be free to vote for any candidate that they choose although my guess is that if Biden does withdraw his replacement most likely Kamala Harris would be selected before the convention. The leadership of the party would determine the candidate and the rank and file delegates would rubber stamp their selection.

• Informative Informative x 2