Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

What do You Think of Kamala Harris, and why?

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by gatorjo, Jul 3, 2024.

1. Gatorhead

Gatorhead GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Philadelphia
    Like you I am not particularily enthused about Harris. I would prefer several different candidates. But like you, I see no other choice either.
    I am not ready to abandon the current form of Gov't, the constitution and the seperation of powers, despite all it's faults.

I think DIY and the LGBTQ movement has been terribly mishandled by the Democratic Party. Force feeding the American public on these issues, as has happened, was a strategic and terrible mistake. While I have sympathy and support for these causes, they should have been handled in a more conservative and slower pace. You are talking about 12 - 15% of the overall population force feeding their values on 85% of a predominatly christian and conservative nation. I suspect these two issues have added gasoline to the MAGA / Trump movement.

Now - to the choice at hand, Trump has already played his racist card, about Harris with his most recent statement about Harris "race identification". What damn business is that to him or anyone else? Dosen't he and his "Daddy" come from fine Aryan, Nazi stock?

There is no choice here, if one wishes to protect their right to vote, the seperation of church and state, the seperation of powers, the environment, NATO, Ukraine, and the American stategic position in the world.

How can anyone doubt for a second, after Jan 6th, and the words uttered from Trumps mouth, over and over again, that if he wins the presidency, that the American Experience, that we have known since 1776, the Constitution, The Bill of Rights, our Foreign Policy, Racial Equality, will be over / destroyed / obliterated. I don't know how far that mad man will go. He is still repeating "I won the election". Look at his allies - Mike Lindell, Bannon, Rudy J, I mean a collection of the very "Worst People".

How many responsible Republicans, appointed by Trump are telling us he's an idiot and a madman? How many associates are in jail or under investigation?

He is seducing the likes of Elon Musk and the Ultra Rich with promises of unlimited tax cuts and removing Unions, Environmental Controls, and promising Unregulated, Unchecked Capatalism, at the cost of the Environment and the Working Classes.

Anyone interested in keeping Medicare and Social Security? He will be happy to and already has started dialouge with his accolytes to remove these protections from us. You know, what we worked our whole life for? His posture: Hey if you ain't made enough "stack" by 65, and can't pay for yourself, you are a loser and should die on the streets.

The military - You folks are LOSERS!

I see a one way ticket to 1877, when the North pulled the troops out of the South and the "Jim Crow" experience overtook the land. The fine people of MAGA lust for a return to good old "Southern Confederate" values.

Christians, Religous people - This group I have a particularily bitter attitude toward. They have been seduced by a liar, a sexual predator, a con man, and someone, once he asserts his dictatorship, will have no more use, for YOU!

For those that have not noticed Clarence Thomas and Alito are fully on board with allowing Trump to do whatever he wants, without any checks or balances. Roberts caved when he advocated Immunity.

The table is set for a Trump Imperial order, the new emperor. Well, if thats what you want, thats what you will get.

Yes Chem, break the damn glass !!!!

Last edited: Aug 1, 2024
    • Like Like x 1
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  2. gatorjo

gatorjo GC Hall of Fame

Feb 24, 2024
    It's hard to discuss things with you when you're wrong about so much at the same time. So let's start with one thing maybe?

Why do you disagree with the Republican Senate Intelligence Committee? They found that the Trump campaign communicated with Russia about the 2016 campaign, and knowingly accepted help.

Is the Senate Intelligence Committee wrong?