Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

What do You Think of Kamala Harris, and why?

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by gatorjo, Jul 3, 2024.

1. docspor

docspor GC Hall of Fame

Nov 30, 2010
    chicks say hi

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. danmanne65

danmanne65 GC Hall of Fame

Jul 2, 2022
    DeLand
    Did Charles Manson do his killings or did he convince his followers to do it? Who do you think is responsible?

3. wgbgator

wgbgator Premium Member

Apr 19, 2007
    What's really funny is that Walt Disney played a big role in making HUAC a thing, now these people think Disney is making kids gay communists because of black mermaid

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  4. Contra

Contra GC Hall of Fame

May 15, 2023

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  5. demosthenes

demosthenes Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Do you source anything or just write what you want to be true?

Last edited: Jul 30, 2024
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Wish I would have said that Wish I would have said that x 1
  6. Tjgators

Tjgators Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    The today and tomorrow parables are brilliant!

7. obgator

obgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    First official campaign ad featuring Beyoncé. She’s going to sweep the youth vote.

8. tampajack1

tampajack1 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    You might want to keep your fascination with assholes to yourself.

• Creative Creative x 1
  9. chemgator

chemgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Here is how I feel about voting for Kamala Harris. I would never vote for anyone who was once declared "the most liberal member of Congress" unless the future of democracy and civilization were at stake.

Her picture should be in a glass-covered box, with a sign that says, "In case of emergency, break glass." Well, guess what. It is an emergency, and that emergency is called Donald Trump. Disaster Don. Dimwit Don. Don the Con.

• Like Like x 1
  10. citygator

citygator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Charlotte
    Hilarious. Glad he’s back.

• Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. benton_quest

benton_quest Sophomore

Nov 7, 2023
    How many primaries has she won again?

• Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
  12. gatorjo

gatorjo GC Hall of Fame

Feb 24, 2024
    As many popular votes as your convicted felon has won?

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. citygator

citygator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Charlotte
    I am starting to think Harris was dreamed up by Marvel.

Trump’s usual sexist sneers don’t work against Harris – and to top it off, she’s laughing at him | Emma Brockes | The Guardian

Among the reasons these approaches don’t land is the profile of Harris herself. Trump’s go-to when facing a female opponent is always, in the first instance, sexual humiliation. He did it with E Jean Carroll (“not my type”), and, even more astonishingly, with her lawyer, who while taking his deposition at Mar-a-Lago in 2022, was informed by Trump: “You wouldn’t be a choice of mine either, to be honest with you.” Trump’s subtext with Hillary Clinton was she’s your frumpy ex-wife, and he cast Elizabeth Warren as a desiccated librarian.

But the cat lady thing doesn’t work with Harris. Per Trump’s own metrics, she’s simply too young, too polished, too far above him in the rankings in which he puts so much store and habitually uses to denigrate women. In this, Trump’s own value system, it’s Trump himself, two decades her senior, who looks like the guy on the couch picking crumbs from the creases of his vest. Harris looks like his worst nightmare: a former attorney general of California in heels, slick, telegenic, with a corporate image and politics that have been largely in the center – so that when Trump says “She is a radical left lunatic who will destroy our country,” he sounds ridiculous.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2024
  14. GatorRade

GatorRade Rad Scientist

Apr 3, 2007
    Indeed, the cutoff dates people choose for their analyses are often awfully convenient for their arguments. It seems this cancel culture may have been with us for much longer than we realize:

“I know no country where in general there reigns less independence of mind and true freedom of discussion than in America.” “In America, the majority draws a formidable circle around thought. Within these limits, the writer is free, but woe to him if he dares to go beyond them. It isn’t as if he has to fear an Auto-da-fe, but he is exposed to all types of distasteful things and to everyday personal persecutions.”
    -Alexis de Tocqueville, 1840​

15. WestCoastGator

WestCoastGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 12, 2007
    Interesting. You remember something that never happened.

16. citygator

citygator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Charlotte
  17. VAg8r1

VAg8r1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Too bad there isn't a rating of "feeble attempt at humor".

Harris was elected (not appointed) DA seven years after her affair with Brown ended; she was elected state AG 15 years after the affair; and to the Senate 21 years after the affair.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 1, 2024
  18. gatorjd95

gatorjd95 GC Legend

Mar 6, 2009
    1. Biden publicly and enthusiastically identified Harris as being in charge of the border situation. Nearly every media outlet - left and right - tabbed Harris as the Border "Czar." (Admittedly not the best title, but we've been stuck with it since Bennett was named Drug Czar under Reagan. The understood, but not official, meaning is the person in charge of dealing with a specific issue.). And, no, Biden did not do everything Trump did wrt illegal immigration. Maybe you missed Biden's executive orders revoking the numerous, operative measures to prevent illegal immigration. Not sure how you missed that. It's only been the top story for about 3.5 years. The "bipartisan" bill had a few Republicans who signed on, true enough. But, that feckless piece of merde had no hope of passing and everyone knew it - even the Dems knew it wouldn't pass and thus gave them cover to sign on for it in order to then accuse Republicans of racism for political gain when it didn't pass. All theater and no action.

2. Yes, complaining about lying is tiresome. Just once, it would be refreshing to hear/read you complain about the multitude of lies perpetuated by Democrats, media, etc. Russia gate? No comment about the 6 year lie that is now totally debunked. Who's silly or has no basis to claim credibility?

3. Lots of court cases and allegations of criminality, to be sure. As those cases wend their way through the system, how are the results looking now? Maybe, just maybe, you might consider that any politically motivated Plaintiff or DA can find a sympathetic ear on the judiciary to manufacture a temporary ruling to provide an ephemeral victory (lawyers call it "forum shopping" and it's a nonpartisan tool to be sure). A reasonable and diligent person might scratch below the surface to ask - "why were these cases brought on novel charges, at the time they were brought, in the courts where they were filed, etc." You know the answer, but won't/can't unhinge yourself from the mantra that Trump is evil.

19. gatorjo

gatorjo GC Hall of Fame

Feb 24, 2024
    Sorry - illegally trying to overturn an election, business fraud, mishandling classified docs and TRYING TO KEEP THEM.....are not "novel charges."

And you trying to gaslight on Trump and Russia is tired. Go read the Republican Senate Intelligence Committee report on it. I'm tired of posting the same thing - educate yourself.

There's too much factually incorrect in your post to address and correct it all. Cheers.

20. gatorjd95

gatorjd95 GC Legend

Mar 6, 2009
    It is my practice to be respectable when I can in this forum with the occasional jabs that are expected in such venues (as I also expect others will accede, even if quietly), but I will simply state to you - you don't appear to appreciate any substance in these matters beyond the bumper sticker. The manner and composition of the allegations and statutes relevant to such charges of "overturn[ing] an election, business fraud, mishandling classified docs" are indeed "novel" and were recently found to be largely unconstitutional. We all know you'll reply it was the rigged system of the USSC or Trump-appointed judges doing injustice, so don't bore us with that tirade. The fact of the matter is that the Democrats took a big swing to make headlines and the law is correcting those abuses of process.

As for RussiaGate - nope, you're incorrect again on the facts. I've read all the reports - subpoenaed and deposed people on these issues - so, I'm not about to stand by while you accuse me of falsehood. You are free to question my policy positions, but you are not free to question or accuse me of lacking principles. Cheers.