Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

What Cormani McClain's Commitment Would Mean for the Florida Gators

Discussion in 'Awesome Recruiting' started by GatorGrowl, Oct 23, 2022.

1. DieAGator

DieAGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    The three most important things Cormani to UF means to me:
    1) That our staff and the recruiting apparatus CBN put in place is on the Money. (get it?) But sincerely, it means we have a full and coordinated recruiting machine now and we can recruit with anyone.
    2) That our NIL game is sufficient after all. Earlier, I was not sure we were ready for this new landscape.
    3) That we are going to have a heck of a defensive backfield in two seasons.

But we have an excellent DB class on its own, without Cormani. And to me, that's just as important. If a couple of decent prospects, plus Cormani, were to be our DB class, it would not be that great except for the satisfaction of having landed a 5 star recruit. That's my take.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Emmitto

Emmitto VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    I don't see it worth too much. I haven't seen the score but Lakeland should have handled this matchup pretty easy. Cormani gets a little bored out there. He also has 20 picks in as many games coming down the stretch. He's definitely mouthy, like any number of guys who have the mentality to be the #1 player in the country. But the idea that he is getting beat all over the place and some sort of barely controllable wild man is silly.

But more than anything winning this recruiting battle is less about Cormani going into the ROH and more about the eyebrow-raising it will do about BN's recruiting. Not even sure he has to actually land it, as unlike some high profile fails in the past Cormani's interest is genuine and not some sort of orchestrated slap in the face like DM would get constantly.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. MarineG8R

MarineG8R GC Hall of Fame

Nov 19, 2014
    Welp.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1