Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

What’s happening in America today is something darker than a misinformation crisis.

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by philnotfil, Oct 12, 2024 at 10:55 AM.

1. gatorchamps960608

gatorchamps960608 GC Hall of Fame

Jul 4, 2020
    Trump wanted national guardsmen there TO PROTECT OR AID HIS MOB. Not to protect anyone working in the capitol buildings. Pelosi did not have the ability to request or decline this despite what the Storm Front website tells you.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. ursidman

ursidman VIP Member

Sep 27, 2007
    Bug Tussle NC
    Can you imagine what the narrative would be if vaccine producers had licensed trump’s name to put on their product?

Come get your trump juice - the secret to a long life. MAGA would still be standing in line.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. QGator2414

QGator2414 VIP Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Ocala
    They did nothing to reduce spread. And the vaccinated were the majority dying by the time 50% were vaccinated. Completely ineffective.

Add to it we failed basic medicine and science and pushed the shots on a majority of people who did not need it.

You might have an argument if they actually worked to reduce spread. But they likely increased the spread as they did not protect against delta or omicron. And we had fools at the cdc and leaders like Biden telling people they won’t get the disease if they take the shot. So we ended up with milling thinking they had a cold out hanging with family thinking there is no way they had Covid.

Truly one of the most stupid times in our history. We still have 3-5% who don’t realize it yet as well lol.

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. duggers_dad

duggers_dad GC Hall of Fame

Jan 5, 2022
    Ukraine has mustered up to 1.8 million troops over the course of 7 or 8 mobilizations and now laments that it is running out of bodies.

You do the math.

I know, you’re like your crazy Banderite cousins who so hate Russians that they will happily trade ten of their own for the glory of killing one Vatnik.

And that’s probably an accurate kill ratio.

5. duggers_dad

Jan 5, 2022
    By what metric are vaccines ‘highly effective’ when there is literally nothing to vaccinate for ?

6. QGator2414

QGator2414 VIP Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Ocala
    Bless your heart. You actually think the shot reduced the spread it appears. It was quite obvious that was not the case.

The covid shot was terribly ineffective. It was comical watching the propagandist push a drug and attempt to explain why people who took the shot were all getting Covid. But you keep causing unnecessary inflammation to your body for a disease that is not that dangerous to you with a shot that has been designed for the spike protein that is no longer in circulation every time. I can tell it makes you feel better. Which there is something to that.

I will do what basic medicine and science would suggest.

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. vegasfox

vegasfox GC Hall of Fame

Feb 4, 2024
    Sounds like philnotfil wants to censor the opinions of people who disagree with him. The people who distrust liberal institutions. Institutions corrupted by ideology and money. Those would be people like me who question "authoratative" sources. As RFK Jr noted, "At what time in history have the pro-censorship people been the good guys?" (quote not exact)

The answer isn't censorship. The answer is robust debate.

Note the Tim Walz thread I started yesterday. I couldn't have debunked Black Insurrectionist's tweets as quickly as I did without input from vaxcardinal and rivergator. I did have fun going after Walz the same way Dems went after Kavanaugh. As for the tweets I posted they were trending on #1 for a day under the "politics" heading. No real harm in posting the tweets here, imo. Black Insurrectionist perpetrated a clever fraud but it was debunked in roughly 18 hours. That's why you talk it out instead of engaging in censorship. I still think Walz is creepy and is hiding a lot. I had an experience with a teacher trying to groom my younger brother. I did about 12 hours of "field research" on the guy and he lost his job.

Can you really trust the institutions?

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. vegasfox

vegasfox GC Hall of Fame

Feb 4, 2024
    Can you reall6 trust the medical jouou4nals? No.

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. philnotfil

philnotfil GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Yet the data you posted showed the vaccine to be highly effective across all age groups, even after the virus mutated to delta and beyond. Weird.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. gatorchamps960608

gatorchamps960608 GC Hall of Fame

Jul 4, 2020
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Wish I would have said that Wish I would have said that x 1
  11. duggers_dad

Jan 5, 2022
    Vaccines, horse paste, same thing. Potentially harmful treatments for a fictitious pathogen.

12. vegasfox

vegasfox GC Hall of Fame

Feb 4, 2024

13. mrhansduck

mrhansduck GC Hall of Fame

Nov 23, 2021
    You began by referencing mere opinions that people disagree with and then addressed an instance of fraud. Don't you think there can be distinctions between the two in terms of a free speech analysis? What about when people are lying about the voting process or the election date in an effort to suppress votes? Here was one example.

Social Media Influencer Sentenced for Election Interference in 2016 Presidential Race

A social media influencer was sentenced today to seven months in prison and fined $15,000 for his role in a conspiracy to interfere with potential voters’ right to vote in the 2016 presidential election.

According to court documents, by 2016, Douglass Mackey, aka Ricky Vaughn, had established an audience on Twitter with approximately 58,000 followers. A February 2016 analysis by the MIT Media Lab ranked Mackey as one of the most significant influencers of the then-upcoming presidential election. Between September 2016 and November 2016, Mackey conspired with other influential Twitter users and with members of private online groups to use social media platforms, including Twitter, to disseminate fraudulent messages that encouraged supporters of presidential candidate Hillary Clinton to “vote” via text message or social media, which was legally invalid.

For example, on Nov. 1, 2016, in or around the same time that Mackey was sending tweets suggesting the importance of limiting “black turnout,” Mackey tweeted an image depicting an African American woman standing in front of an “African Americans for Hillary” sign. The ad stated: “Avoid the Line. Vote from Home,” “Text ‘Hillary’ to 59925,” and “Vote for Hillary and be a part of history.” The fine print at the bottom of the deceptive image stated: “Must be 18 or older to vote. One vote per person. Must be a legal citizen of the United States. Voting by text not available in Guam, Puerto Rico, Alaska or Hawaii. Paid for by Hillary For President 2016.” The tweet included the typed hashtag “#ImWithHer,” a slogan frequently used by then-presidential candidate Hillary Clinton. On or about and before Election Day 2016, at least 4,900 unique telephone numbers texted “Hillary” or some derivative to the 59925 text number, which had been used in multiple deceptive campaign images that Mackey and his co-conspirators tweeted.

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  14. LimeyGator

LimeyGator Official Brexit Reporter!

Same in the UK.

I'd like to think it goes one step further than recognising it though. The key is to teach people how to critically evaluate information sources.
    Nobody can just rely on things being told as gospel any more.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. duggers_dad

Jan 5, 2022
    Ironically, your national fact-checker, Marianne Spring, got fact-checked hard.

16. duggers_dad

Jan 5, 2022
    Fun Fact: medical doctors were the original quacks.

17. LimeyGator

LimeyGator Official Brexit Reporter!

Sorry, what?

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. ursidman

ursidman VIP Member

Sep 27, 2007
    Bug Tussle NC
    Ha! You cite “experts” such as R Barnes on damn near every subject. You don’t question authoritative sources, you just use sources that you agree with, and claim they’re authorities.

• Winner Winner x 1
  19. 92gator

92gator GC Hall of Fame

Jun 14, 2007
    The vehemently pro Abortion crowd talking shit about nihilism, like it's a bad thing.

That's just about funny right there.

20. duggers_dad

Jan 5, 2022
    • Funny Funny x 1