Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Weird GOP: Haitians are eating your pets

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by citygator, Sep 10, 2024.

1. gator_jo

gator_jo All American

Aug 9, 2024

In Tuesday's debate with Vice President Kamala Harris, Trump said, "In Springfield, they're eating the dogs—the people that came in. They're eating the cats. They're eating the pets of the people that live there, and this is what's happening in our country, and it's a shame."

LOL Won't say bomb threats are bad.

In footage reposted online, the Republican presidential nominee was asked by a reporter in Las Vegas on Saturday: "Do you denounce the bomb threats in Springfield, Ohio?"

Trump avoided answering the question directly, saying: "I don't know what happened with the bomb threats," before implying the real threat is at the border:

Donald Trump faces backlash for Springfield bomb threat response

2. okeechobee

okeechobee GC Hall of Fame

Sep 11, 2022
  3. gator_jo

gator_jo All American

Aug 9, 2024
    Should have titled it "JD Vance continues telling lies."

From your link;

During an interview with Meet the Press, Republican VP nominee JD Vance defends the claims he’s shared about Haitian immigrants eating pets in Springfield, Ohio. Local police and city officials have repeatedly said there is no evidence of such crimes in Springfield.

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  4. G8tas

G8tas GC Hall of Fame

Sep 22, 2008
    Given the fact that the person that started the initial rumor came out to confirm that it was fake this just shows us how gullible MAGA really is. Vance and Trump realize that as well which is why they double down on it because they know MAGA deplorables will believe anything they say even if it's not true

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. VAg8r1

VAg8r1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    That's actually true of most immigrants. By the way a lot of the same racist and nativist vile that the former president and his sidekick the pseudo hillbilly from Ohio are spewing have been used in the past regarding Italian, Irish, Chinese, Eastern European Jewish and even German immigrants like the grandfather of the Orange One. Some examples in the form of cartoons.
    upload_2024-9-15_12-22-54.jpeg
    upload_2024-9-15_12-24-7.jpeg
    [​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  6. GatorJMDZ

GatorJMDZ gatorjack VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    According to a radio report I just heard, the knuckle dragger Proud Boys are now in Springfield. They've already had to close schools and governmental buildings due to bomb threats over these fabrications. Anyone that has anything to do with this should be absolutely ashamed of themselves, including people furthering these lies here. If there is any violence in Springfield over this, part of that blood is on your hands.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. enviroGator

enviroGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 12, 2007
    MAGA is a domestic terrorist organization funded by Putin!

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. chemgator

chemgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    There are a lot of sick individuals in this country that have been taken in by the con-man's con. Hopefully they get help.

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. gatorchamps960608

gatorchamps960608 GC Hall of Fame

Jul 4, 2020
    Every populist fascist movement needs a scapegoat group. Build those camps and stock up on the Zyklon B gas!

10. VAg8r1

VAg8r1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Although that's somewhat of an exaggeration there is the real possibility that Trump if he is elected he would build facilities to house "illegal" immigrants awaiting mass deportation including families with young children similar to the internment camps used to house Japanese Americans during World Wat II probably under much harsher conditions.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2024 at 4:53 PM
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. ajoseph

ajoseph Premium Member

Jan 15, 2008
    Fair enough, even forgetting that a Republican authorized the bill you claim had too much pork. Where was the revised bill with the pork removed? You wont find another proposal because Trump killed the deal, and the bipartisan discussions.

12. mountaineerpatriot

mountaineerpatriot Freshman

Saturday
    I support Trump, I never said I support most Congressional Republicans, who are typically RINO's. But yes I think Republicans should have done a revised bill that wouldn't have included the pork. If they did I think Trump would've supported passing it. But again your side always ignores all the pork that was in this "immigration" bill.

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. VAg8r1

VAg8r1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    By your standard every Republican president prior to Trump would be a RINO including both Bushes, Reagan, Ford, Nixon and Eisenhower. One example.
    upload_2024-9-15_16-55-36.jpeg
    [​IMG]

14. mountaineerpatriot

mountaineerpatriot Freshman

Saturday
    Both Bushes were deep state evil RINO's. So was Romney and McCain. Ford, Nixon and Eisenhower were a different time so it's hard to compare to now. I regret even voting for McCain or Romney, I definitely wouldn't with what I know now. I wouldn't have voted for Obama, I would've just stayed home.

Reagan is a mixed bad. He was a great President and I probably agree with 80% of what he did. But immigration is one of the things I disagree with him on and I do blame him for some of the immigration problems we are facing today. He had a chance to shut it down before it got out of control and didn't. Reagan was absolutely in the wrong doing that amnesty bill.

That's the difference between Republicans and Democrats. Republicans can still criticize their own and admit that they disagree with certain decisions. Democrats have a God like worship of their own and will never even remotely criticize them unless it somehow benefits them politically (like it did with Biden).

But Trump is probably the first legitimate conservative/populist since Reagan. The Bush's, McCain and Romney, all deep state RINO's to the core.

• Come On Man Come On Man x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. VAg8r1

VAg8r1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    By your standard any Republican politician who isn't a disciple of Trump and/or a pro-Russian authoritarian is a RINO. Reagan referred to the Soviet Union as the Evil Empire. Trump routinely praises a certain Russian leader who referred to the collapse of the Soviet Union as a great geopolitical strategy. While recognizing the need for orderly immigration procedures Reagan has praised immigration and immigrants and the policy of welcoming immigrants to the US. Trump has made demonization of immigrants including legal immigrants (unless they're white Europeans) a cornerstone of political strategy.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2024 at 5:26 PM
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. BigCypressGator1981

BigCypressGator1981 GC Hall of Fame

Oct 11, 2011
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  17. duggers_dad

duggers_dad GC Hall of Fame

Jan 5, 2022
    upload_2024-9-15_18-52-4.jpeg

• Funny Funny x 2
  18. duggers_dad

Jan 5, 2022
    JD Vance spanked Dana Bash on national TV.

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. vegasfox

vegasfox GC Hall of Fame

Feb 4, 2024
    Democrats stupidly bet no evidence of pets being taken for consumption or sacrifice. Maybe the kittenapper was MAGA? Can Google and the MSM.make this disappear like the Trump assassination.attempt(s)?

20. duggers_dad

Jan 5, 2022
    This is referred to as journalistic adjustment