Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

We are not holier than thou

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by WindoverG8tr, Oct 13, 2024 at 8:16 AM.

1. G8R92

G8R92 GC Hall of Fame

Feb 5, 2010
    Would have been a great Monday press conference question. Someone with a list of defensive players that "dropped", asking CBN for current injury status. ;)

2. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Tim Brando is no journalist...

3. cocodrilo

cocodrilo GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    The announcers apparently forgot who coaches the Gators.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  4. cocodrilo

cocodrilo GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    You want a fake injury? How about the Steve Spurrier designed play in which Wuerffel limped off the field as if injured, so Kresser could come in and surprise the defense with a long pass completion?

How low-class can you get?

5. vaxcardinal

vaxcardinal GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    different context than faking an injury so the official stop play, preventing a hurry up offense from being able to quickly execute

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. hawaiigator

hawaiigator GC Legend

Sep 9, 2018
    The first one, Moten? His was a real injury. He got up holding his shoulder like he had a stinger, tried running to the sideline, kept getting blocked by UT players getting back to their huddle so he dropped. Gumbs….not sure about that one. He did get up pretty quick and started moving fine before going down. Maybe he got hurt and didn’t realize it right away. Adrenaline is a crazy thing. He probably wasn’t hurt though. I also don’t care about it until they enforce it because every team does it to us when we finally put a drive together.

7. dave_the_thinker

dave_the_thinker VIP Member

Dec 1, 2019
    Milton, FL
    We're not holier.

We are both fairer, and squarer.

8. grayg8rstevo

grayg8rstevo GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Florida
    Self loathing has been a part..a part of the Gator psyche..for a long time. Part of that has been, imhfo, pride in the successes of the state, not just the “national championships”. jmo.
    And..because we have seen strong athletic accomplishments in many sports, yes, indeed, we have expectations. Expectations are like juggling razor sharp swords…cuts both ways if mishandled.
    That is also why we “complain” here and elsewhere when our beloved football team does not dominate. Not just win, but seen as growing stronger year after year.
    That ..THAT..is where we are.

Mertz is a cheerleader now. He did good.
    Lagway will save CBN or not.it is a win or die six game season now. The toughest part of the season.
    I, like all of you, will be a Gator till I take my last breath. I, and several former..and current members of my family including those who are Gators in curriculum..right now, will join me.

JUST WIN BOYZ. WE WILL ALWAYS HAVE YOUR BACK.

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    Just take tge player out the entire possession and that’ll curb most of the fakers.

• Agree Agree x 1