Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

War in Ukraine

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by PITBOSS, Jan 21, 2022.

1. G8trGr8t

G8trGr8t Premium Member

Aug 26, 2008
    strikes on Tokmak causing major damage...Tokmak is nealy halfway to the Sea of Azov and likely past msot of the defenses (mine fields, artillery batteries) set up to defend the front. Establish control of that line to the Sea through Tokmak to Berdyansk, destroy the bridge to Crimea, and every russian trapped south/west of that would be SOL with exception of planes flying in and out with supplies. that should make taking back Crimea a viable option

those beachheads east of the reservoir must be growing in size and strength to be attacking Tokmak already

200 Russians and Kremlin-appointed leader killed in occupied Tokmak (msn.com)

[​IMG]

Our Defence Forces have successfully worked on the occupiers' positions in Tokmak. Intelligence reports that the forging and stamping plant is done [struck – ed.], about 200 Russian invaders along with the city's commandant were killed, and FSB officers are panicking and taking their families out."

Fedorov has joked that "according to the forecast, the heat will only get worse" and advised the Russian occupiers to "go to their swamps" because "it's safer there".

• Informative Informative x 4
  2. vaxcardinal

vaxcardinal GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007

• Informative Informative x 6
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  3. slayerxing

slayerxing GC Hall of Fame

Aug 14, 2007
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. exiledgator

exiledgator Gruntled

Jan 5, 2010
    Maine
    • Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. PITBOSS

PITBOSS GC Hall of Fame

Apr 13, 2007
    “The Ukrainian civilians woke long before dawn in the bitter cold, lined up for the single toilet and were loaded at gunpoint into the livestock trailer. They spent the next 12 hours or more digging trenches on the front lines for Russian soldiers.

Many were forced to wear overlarge Russian military uniforms that could make them a target, and a former city administrator trudged around in boots five sizes too big. By the end of the day, their hands curled into icy claws.

Nearby, in the occupied region of Zaporizhzhia, other Ukrainian civilians dug mass graves into the frozen ground for fellow prisoners who had not survived. One man who refused to dig was shot on the spot

And Russia is planning to hold possibly thousands more. A Russian government document obtained by The Associated Press dating to January outlined plans to create 25 new prison colonies and six other detention centers in occupied Ukraine by 2026.“

Thousands of Ukraine civilians are being held in Russian prisons. Russia plans to build many more

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Wish I would have said that Wish I would have said that x 1
  6. okeechobee

okeechobee GC Hall of Fame

Sep 11, 2022
    Oooooooohhhhhhhh........ that's why Ukraine isn't making any progress in their counteroffensive. They shifted away from the NATO tactics that were taking the entire world by storm and started doing it the old "Soviet way." That makes perfect sense.

Also, in other news, a sucker isn't born every minute.

7. l_boy

l_boy 5500

Jan 6, 2009
    Not what it said. You got it backwards, which is I guess to be expected. Given your pro Russian stance. You should be lauding the Ukrainians switch to Russian tactics and the resulting success, proving again the superiority of Mother Russia.

8. chemgator

chemgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Popov pops off one time too many, gets relieved of command. The popular general shared the truth about what's going on in Ukraine: Russia is losing the artillery battle and getting slaughtered. He's probably the most popular general with his men, of all the Russian generals left alive in the Ukraine War, so his loss is also devastating for Russia.

The U.S. has provided Ukraine with the AN/TPQ-36 radar system, which allows Ukraine to track where Russia's artillery fire is coming from, and return fire accurately. Russia is firing ten times as many artillery shells as Ukraine, but firing them blindly. Russia has lost four times as many artillery pieces as Ukraine since the start of the war.

A fired general's pleas from the front lines reveal Ukraine is bloodying Russian forces in a critical fight (yahoo.com)

Last edited: Jul 15, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. uftaipan

uftaipan GC Hall of Fame

May 31, 2007
    Fresno, CA
    Why not just write, “I didn’t read the article, but I’m going to comment as if I did”?

• Agree x 2
    • Winner x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Disagree Bacon! x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Funny x 1
  10. duggers_dad

duggers_dad GC Hall of Fame

Jan 5, 2022
    Fact-Checked True …

11. duggers_dad

Jan 5, 2022
    Love him or hate him …

12. okeechobee

Sep 11, 2022
    I read the article. Narrative is clear: it's time to make excuses now. Can you show me where the "quick explainer" told us back in June these things as they happened (emphasis on the bolded):

"Ukraine’s first push towards Robotyne on June 7th kicked off with a NATO-style breach assault, led by reportedly four armored engineering vehicles (three Leopard 2Rs and one Wisent 1 MC), numerous Leopard 2A6s, and at least two dozen Bradley Fighting Vehicles. This represented a heavy concentration of Ukraine’s best-armored engineering vehicles, most advanced tanks, and infantry fighting vehicles.

The result was a disaster.

Ukraine lost two Leopard 2Rs, at least four Leopard 2A6s, and at least 17 Bradleys. A combination of mines being missed due to the extraordinary density of the minefield, Russian helicopter attacks, and heavy artillery barrages stopped the assault in its early stages, resulting in heavy losses."

Of course, the "quick explainer" didn't. Now that it's apparent the counteroffensive has been ineffective, here come the excuses. Article says they immediately switched tactics after the above mentioned occurred, which means they've been using "Soviet tactics" for several weeks now, yet the counteroffensive is still stalled. But they might switch back to "NATO tactics." Give me a break. Smoke and mirrors. If they had reported the "disaster" and the "heavy losses" with the first push back in June when this happened, they might have gained some credibility with me. Now they have to figure out a way to explain the feeble progress and you get write ups like this, which is mostly unverifiable and just a side show in their propaganda to make their reporting appear authentic.

Dailykos is clearly a propaganda mouthpiece. I'm surprised you, being as involved and aware as you have been, aren't aware when you're clearly being lied to or when information is clearly being withheld from you. Perhaps you do realize it, but you're okay with it, because you believe it helps meet your personal objective in the end. Whatever it takes, right? Not for me. If a source is going string me along with lies and omissions, I'm going to call them out as such. War propaganda generally leads to more people dying, so I don't have much of an appreciation for it to start with.

• Creative Creative x 1
  13. duggers_dad

Jan 5, 2022

14. duggers_dad

Jan 5, 2022
    Echo, echo, echo …

upload_2023-7-15_17-23-5.jpeg

15. ajoseph

ajoseph Premium Member

Jan 15, 2008
  16. duggers_dad

Jan 5, 2022
    It would rock your world to suppose otherwise. You’d lose friends and you’d find yourself banished to the wilderness. Mankind’s greatest fear is being on the outside.

17. AlfaGator

AlfaGator VIP Member

Aug 31, 2007
  18. duggers_dad

Jan 5, 2022
  19. uftaipan

uftaipan GC Hall of Fame

May 31, 2007
    Fresno, CA
  20. okeechobee

Sep 11, 2022
    “Because of corruption, there are illegal methods (to avoid the war), such as paying off the people from the armed forces commissary, or paying for a false certificate of disability,” he told the French broadcaster.

It is well known that military recruitment offices have become a hotbed of corruption over the last year and a half. In Ukraine, it is no secret that mobilization can be avoided for an average of €7,000. Officers can make incredible fortunes and some do not hide their newfound wealth, arriving at work in new luxury cars."

Noooo, never. This type of thing would never happen in Ukraine.