Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

War in Ukraine

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by PITBOSS, Jan 21, 2022.

1. 92gator

92gator GC Hall of Fame

Jun 14, 2007
    My initial reaction to the war, was to support Ukr, and oppose Russia. Seemed natural.

What gives pause however, is the unhinged passion with which the Left went cheerleader over a foreign war that had so little bearing on actual US interests.

From whence this passionate dedication?

Where was it over any other foreign campaign?

Why this one?

...and from the same crowd that went apoplectic over our 2nd war with Iraq, after 10 years of sanctions, shell games w WMD, and in the wake of 9/11?

Been around enough to discern that when the organism, including all of its organs and appendages, moves with a singularity of purpose, the Mind of the organism has dictated thus.

And this singularity of thought runs rampant throughout the Left, from the MSM through the academia, and various other Leftist dominated institutions...

I have my theories as to why the Mind has dictated thusly...but zero doubt that the Mind has dictated thusly, as evidenced by the full force and fury, of an organism acting with a dedicated purpose as if directly threatened....

• Come On Man Come On Man x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. studegator

studegator GC Legend

Feb 24, 2008
    I'm a simple minded man.
    Russia invaded Ukraine, killing, raping, castrating, pillaging and stealing while also displacing civilians, sending young children to mother russia. Not to mention how much destruction they have done to Ukraine city's and infrastructure, which will take years to rebuild.
    They employed a mercenary group known for hiring criminals and thugs.
    Russia needs to lose big time---

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  3. sierragator

sierragator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Those of us who take issue with Russia's aggression vs Ukraine did get a memo from some "Mind" telling us to do so. We are not brainwashed lemmings taking orders from the likes of msnbc or whatever other news outlet is on the shitlist this week. It is not some grand conspiracy. (what studegator said)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. 92gator

92gator GC Hall of Fame

Jun 14, 2007
    Same here.

Btw, were you as pissed when Russia invaded in 2014?

...when they took Crimea?

...when they tried to take Afghanistan?

How about over other forign conflicts, such as Syria?

Yemen?

Somalia?

Sudan?

Ethiopia?

Iraq?

Afghanistan?

5. slayerxing

slayerxing GC Hall of Fame

Aug 14, 2007
    im sure that sounded smart in your head when you wrote it out. I bet you read it back to yourself and even got a little tingle in your niblets. A little advice- Next time write it in your private journal amigo.

• Funny x 4
    • Winner x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Dislike x 1
    • Agree x 1
  6. 92gator

92gator GC Hall of Fame

Jun 14, 2007
    I certainly take issue with it.

...but my 'issue' was and remains on par with my reaction over other international travesties that don't directly effect US interests.

The degree of passion wrt this conflict, still eludes me.

Feels like *someone* is not so subtlety communicating to me, not just which side I must align with, but to what degree must my indignation be, to be satisfactory, and how little might I tolerate views that are not in perfect harmony, b4 being deemed a traitorous beast myself...

7. slayerxing

slayerxing GC Hall of Fame

Aug 14, 2007
    A full on invasion in Europe was a bridge too far. The indirect war in the Donbas certainly pissed me off. Syria is a gd shame and I still shake my head that the US allowed that to happen. We allowed this to happen with a combination of stupid and chicken shit foreign policy through multiple administrations. That’s what makes me so mad. All of this could have been prevented with better foreign policy going back to Bush and Obama.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. ajoseph

ajoseph Premium Member

Jan 15, 2008
    And to this, study history. World aggressive powers need to be stopped early. They can never be satiated. It has happened over and over and over again. It’s not left vs right, it is right vs wrong in a global catastrophic-stopping moment in time.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  9. tampagtr

tampagtr VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. GatorJMDZ

GatorJMDZ gatorjack VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    You are an unabashed election denier. Your judgment and ability to make assessments are grossly impaired.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. duggers_dad

duggers_dad GC Hall of Fame

Jan 5, 2022
  12. duggers_dad

Jan 5, 2022
    Hysteria such as we see with the yellow blue ragwaggers is nothing new. There are lots of people who still believe that had we not declared war on Germany we’d all be speaking German today.

13. PITBOSS

PITBOSS GC Hall of Fame

Apr 13, 2007
    Concise post. I don’t get why maga-repubs want to sign up for appeasement. Rinos get it and know Putin must be stopped.

• Agree Agree x 5
  14. duggers_dad

Jan 5, 2022
    Almost a year and a half into the war Russia seems to have settled on 20% of what used to be eastern Ukraine.

Next: the world.

15. G8trGr8t

G8trGr8t Premium Member

Aug 26, 2008
    Ukraine released a wave of Stormshadow attacks last night against areas previously untouched along the elngth of the front. Munitions , command and control, logistics centers hit. This is why they need the ATACMS, to do more of this, even more severe munition shortages are about to hit the russians the same time that the cluster bombs arrive.

not looking good for the invaders, morale is plummeting, running out of resources, time to go home...

Ukraine reportedly destroys huge Russian ammo dump (msn.com)

"Strong detonations are heard even in nearby Krasnodon (Sorokyne) and Molodohvardiysk,” he claimed.

“This is far from the frontline. (Ukraine) hasn't struck (them) there yet before. It seems that the shell hunger in the Russian army will grow a little in the near future.”

Kazansky also noted that these sorts of explosions at Russian ammo depots "had not occurred since 2022, when (Ukraine) had just begun to use HIMARS to reach the (Russian invasion forces') rear."

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  16. okeechobee

okeechobee GC Hall of Fame

Sep 11, 2022
    Same shit we heard with Saddam. Russia is barely a “power”. Yes, they have nukes, but they are nearly useless because Russia knows if they use them, it’s game over. Their regular military can barely hold their own in Ukraine.

• Winner Winner x 1
  17. okeechobee

Sep 11, 2022
    You don’t even know what you’re talking about. Russia doesn’t have the Wehrmacht. They have a second rate army that happens to have nukes they know it can never use.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. okeechobee

Sep 11, 2022
    Enough with the incessant virtue signaling. That you must insult others who have a different view is revealing.

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. 92gator

92gator GC Hall of Fame

Jun 14, 2007
    But you somehow get how Dems and rinos care more about Ukraine than their own country?

150 billion dollars to preserve Ukraine's borders, while some 6 million ppl have entered our porous southern border under Biden, enabling and facilitating an explosion of sex trafficking in our country, and exploitation of our kids....

....blue and yeller pom poms for 100,000 Ukrainian casualties...mockery and allegations of xenophobia, for approximately 100,000 American deaths PER YEAR due to fentanyl being introduced through our southern border...

Yeah, y'all aren't being manipulated in what to think...ain't no 'mind' or organism here.. why that's just tin foil foolishness...

TBL is that most pubs support Ukraine vs Russia--but are far more concerned with the tragedy unraveling in our country in real time, than we are about Russia's antiquated rust bucket war machine spinning its wheels in the mud well east of NATO, let alone threatening any actual US interests.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2023
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 2