Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

War in Ukraine

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by PITBOSS, Jan 21, 2022.

1. chemgator

chemgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Russian Defense Ministry is getting a little senile, claiming that Kinzhals destroyed five Patriot launchers. It turns out that Patriot missiles destroyed not five, but six Kinzhals. And of the attacks last night, 29 out of 30 Russian missiles were shot down. It would boggle the mind to think that the one Russian missile that didn't get shot down was able to knock out five of the two Patriot systems guarding Kiev.

Russia stated that its Kinzhal destroyed 5 Patriot missile system launchers with one attack (yahoo.com)

Probably just got off his meds for a while. Either that, or Putin threatened to balcony him if he didn't come up with some good news for Russia.

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. dabigunit

dabigunit GC Hall of Fame

Apr 29, 2007
    Don't Care about Ukraine. Not my problem. I don't want a single penny of mine being sent there. Also their government is controlled by nazis.

• Come On Man Come On Man x 6
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
  3. chemgator

Apr 3, 2007
    Some U.S. officials are predicting that Ukraine turns into a "frozen conflict" with both sides at a stalemate, getting firmly entrenched at a particular line like North and South Korea.

Ukraine could join ranks of ‘frozen’ conflicts, U.S. officials say (yahoo.com)

I do not agree. First of all, Ukraine is winning the conflict right now. Second, Russia's military is gradually falling apart and running out of weapons and ammunition. The combined West can manufacture weapons and ammo a lot faster than Russia can. Third, Ukraine's military is far more cohesive and unified than Russia's various military factions are, and has better leadership. Fourth, Ukraine is about to unleash some new wonder-weapons on already terrified Russian troops, while yawning at Russia's latest "wonder-weapons". Fifth, Ukraine is fighting for their homeland, while Russia is fighting for conquest.

It may take a while, due to the sheer size of Russian forces and the size of the land that has to be re-taken, but I believe Ukraine pushes Russia out by the end of next year. Putin will have to choose between having enough military to defend Moscow and other cities (or really, his own administration) from all threats (real and imagined) or continuing to wage war with his out-matched military.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. exiledgator

exiledgator Gruntled

Jan 5, 2010
    Maine
    Ok. But it is. Fine. Wrong.

• Like x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Wish I would have said that x 1
  5. coleg

coleg GC Hall of Fame

Sep 5, 2011
    Poster likely believes that those Jewish Nazis are the worst kind. LOL

• Funny Funny x 2
  6. sierragator

sierragator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    How's the weather in Moscow, Vlad?

7. ajoseph

ajoseph Premium Member

Jan 15, 2008
    I think the better question is,What color is the sky in your World?

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. chemgator

Apr 3, 2007
    Putin racks up yet ANOTHER comparison to Adolf Hitler and the Nazis of WWII: they both are known for belief in the supernatural/superstition during wartime. Himmler employed an elderly sage at Wewelsburg Castle to get loaded and spout nonsense about ancestral white supermen and giants, dwarves, and mythical beasts.

Putin, who is, ironically, a dwarf, is obsessing over Russia's most treasured orthodox Holy Trinity icon. He wants to move it from a museum and into a church, so Russia can win its war.

‘Superstitious’ Putin wants Russia’s treasured icon handed to church as Ukraine war falters (yahoo.com)

9. G8trGr8t

G8trGr8t Premium Member

Aug 26, 2008
    that would have seemed to justify a story that isn't out there. one system suffered some ancillary damage but likely from debris is what I have read

10. Swamplizard

Swamplizard VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Orlando, Florida
    so this is the video and see the battery fully operational but it does take some kind of hit towards the end of the video but you can't see the damage

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  11. uftaipan

uftaipan GC Hall of Fame

May 31, 2007
    Fresno, CA
    Only 29? What about the 30th missile? This is clear evidence that Putin is winning.

12. uftaipan

uftaipan GC Hall of Fame

May 31, 2007
    Fresno, CA
    Perhaps you would care to comment in a thread that you care about?

• Funny Funny x 2
  13. uftaipan

uftaipan GC Hall of Fame

May 31, 2007
    Fresno, CA
    “The battery or something else [emphasis added] likely got blown up.”

Well … which?

“So it failed in its mission.”

Expert analysis. Definitely, keep using this guy.

14. uftaipan

uftaipan GC Hall of Fame

May 31, 2007
    Fresno, CA
    It might very well turn into a frozen conflict, but not so long as Ukraine is gaining ground and Russia is losing it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. sierragator

Apr 8, 2007
    and as long as Russia keeps lobbing bombs and missiles into Ukrainian cities.

16. uftaipan

uftaipan GC Hall of Fame

May 31, 2007
    Fresno, CA
    You can have that sort of thing continue in a frozen contact. That was what the Iran-Iraq War looked like for several years with stagnant lines and both countries attacking (mostly ineffectively) each other’s large cities.

17. sierragator

Apr 8, 2007
    Frozen akin to NK/ SK as in no ordnance is being fired on a consistent basis versus the Iran/Iraq where no ground was being gained or lost, but firing continued.

18. duggers_dad

duggers_dad GC Hall of Fame

Jan 5, 2022
    upload_2023-5-18_17-13-35.jpeg

19. uftaipan

uftaipan GC Hall of Fame

May 31, 2007
    Fresno, CA
    Things can change, but I definitely don’t see a frozen conflict in the sense that you mean occurring at this point. Ukraine is smelling Russian blood in the water; no way are they going to be interested in calling off their counteroffensives unless and until Russia manages to deliver a catastrophic defeat.