Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

War in Ukraine

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by PITBOSS, Jan 21, 2022.

1. ursidman

ursidman VIP Member

Sep 27, 2007
    Bug Tussle NC
    The Wagner Group has more than earned designation as a terrorist organization. Hope that happens

Last edited: Apr 17, 2023
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Gatorhead

Gatorhead GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Philadelphia
    Nothing like American patriots, reminiscent of the "American Bund" whose ideological hero and the guy that would make the world a better place - Adolf Hitler.

3. PITBOSS

PITBOSS GC Hall of Fame

Apr 13, 2007
  4. PITBOSS

PITBOSS GC Hall of Fame

Apr 13, 2007

horrible. but info needs to get out - they are on Ukraine land killing children.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. ursidman

ursidman VIP Member

Sep 27, 2007
    Bug Tussle NC
    I wonder what our (US) reluctance is in naming them a terrorist organization. Whatever the reasons they aren't enough.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. chemgator

chemgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Better to look forward to a coffin than getting your eyes picked out by buzzards while you are giving up hope of ever getting a coffin. Russians leave their dead to rot in the battlefield. No body, no payment to the family. And the Russians are getting killed at a rate of 5-10:1 compared to the Ukrainians. Ukraine's main concern after the war, besides rebuilding their cities, will be all of the oversized buzzards getting fat on eating dead Russians.

7. sierragator

sierragator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Russophiles in the west who support or enable this crap are despicable.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. Gatorhead

Apr 3, 2007
    Philadelphia
    Hmm MTG, Lauren Bobblehead, Tucker Carlson - That crowd?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  9. chemgator

chemgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    I think I've just accomplished the impossible--I found a date for Duggar's Dad, if we can get him out of the basement. This woman has it all--she is an American, a Russophile who hates Ukraine and America, and is a mouthpiece for the Kremlin. Just remember, DD, looks aren't everything--besides, I'm sure the basement hasn't done your skin tone any favors. I don't want to get you all worked up or anything, but she often uses a fake Russian accent AND she's borderline treasonous... Opportunities like this don't come around every day. I suggest you book your Greyhound bus tickets as soon as possible. You two were "MFEO".

One of the most prolific pro-Russia propaganda channels is run by a US Navy veteran living in Washington

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Off-topic Off-topic x 1
  10. duggers_dad

duggers_dad GC Hall of Fame

Jan 5, 2022
    There are some cool heads …

11. G8trGr8t

G8trGr8t Premium Member

Aug 26, 2008
    saboteurs at work. wonder if these are sponsored by Ukraine or jsut russians fighting back against a war they don't want

‘Ukrainian Drone Attack’ On Russian Power Stations Leaves Thousands Without Electricity (msn.com)
    An alleged Ukrainian drone attack on two Russian power stations has left thousands without power, RadarOnline.com has learned. The alleged attack took place early Monday morning when two key electricity supply stations exploded in the Russian city of Belgorod.
    Although Ukraine did not confirm whether its forces were behind the alleged attacks on the Russian power stations, Ukrainian intelligence chief Kyrylo Budanov suggested the blackouts were a result of Ukrainian sabotage tactics.

“Much of this is no accident,” he said after admitting Ukraine was paying Russian saboteurs, according to the Sun. “Something is constantly on fire [in Russia].”

“Signaling equipment on railways, it lights up several times a day, on various highways constantly for two to three hours, sometimes for five to six hours, traffic gets suspended,” Budanov added.

Fire Breaks Out at Russian Tank Training Ground After Explosions: Reports (newsweek.com)

A fire broke out at a Russian tank training ground following reports of explosions in the city of Kazan on Saturday, according to local media reports.

The explosions were heard in the southern area of Kazan, a city of more than 1 million people located about 447 miles east of Moscow, according to The Kyiv Independent, an English-language Ukrainian news outlet. The explosions were heard near a site used for tank training amid Russia's ongoing invasion of Ukraine.

The "special military operation" of Ukraine was ordered by Russian President Vladimir Putin last February. The Russian leader initially hoped for a quick victory against Ukraine, but after more than a year of fighting, Russia continues to struggle to make progress. Now, Ukraine appears to be preparing for a potential spring counteroffensive in an effort to reclaim more occupied territory.

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. duggers_dad

Jan 5, 2022
  13. G8trGr8t

G8trGr8t Premium Member

Aug 26, 2008
    sounds like some of those new planes may be in play

Ukraine's Armed Forces hit 2 Russian ammunition warehouses – General Staff (msn.com)

Over the past 24 hours, Ukraine’s Air Force conducted seven strikes on clusters of occupiers, and Ukraine’s Rocket Forces and Artillery struck two clusters of Russian manpower and military equipment, as well as two ammunition storage sites used by Russian forces.

The Russians launched three missile and 37 air strikes during the day, in particular using 12 Shahed-136 unmanned aerial vehicles, 10 of which were destroyed by Ukraine’s defenders.

Apart from that, Russian forces deployed multiple launcher rocket systems to attack positions of the Ukrainian army and settlements 57 times. There are civilians killed and injured; houses and other civilian infrastructure have been destroyed and damaged.

14. duggers_dad

Jan 5, 2022
    She is hot. But I’m happily married. Thanks.

15. G8trGr8t

G8trGr8t Premium Member

Aug 26, 2008
    Putin fires top admiral. Nobody should feel safe...things that bring people together against a common enemy. I suspect the drills were not as impressive as they should have been considering the amount of money invested. Corruption has rotted their entire military.

Putin dramatically sacks his top admiral who's leading ongoing military drills (msn.com)

Vladimir Putin this week sacked one of Russia’s most senior commanders who has been overseeing major war games.

Pacific fleet admiral Sergei Avakyants was leading vast military operations which were seen as a significant show of strength to the West.

Nuclear bombers were spotted flying over neutral waters off the east coast of Asia, while submarine attack exercises and naval live fire drills are ongoing.

Russia’s latest muscle flex appeared to be a warning especially aimed at the US, South Korea and Japan after the three nations held joint naval missile defence exercises in the same region this week.

But now the top naval officer in charge of the showcase of the fleet at Russia’s disposal has been fired from his role.

• Like Like x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  16. OklahomaGator

OklahomaGator Jedi Administrator Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Another sign that Russia is winning....................:eek::eek::eek:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Wish I would have said that Wish I would have said that x 1
  17. duggers_dad

Jan 5, 2022
    It hasn’t escaped my notice that the Russophobic bravado increases in inverse proportion to the way the war is going for the Banderites.

18. G8trGr8t

G8trGr8t Premium Member

Aug 26, 2008
  19. duggers_dad

Jan 5, 2022
    Banderites in Avdeevka are strategically encircled and suffering horrific losses from heavy glide bombs. But they’re fighting to the last shelling civilians in Donetsk.

20. Gatorhead

Apr 3, 2007
    Philadelphia