Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

War in Ukraine

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by PITBOSS, Jan 21, 2022.

1. duggers_dad

duggers_dad GC Hall of Fame

Jan 5, 2022
    The Reaper probably cost more than the Moskva.

2. okeechobee

okeechobee GC Hall of Fame

Sep 11, 2022
    So, the Washington Post is now a Kremlin friendly publication? Interesting take.

3. apkgator

apkgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Lol, you really are swimming when the conversations get serious. It was a Ukrainian that said that, not a US military official. And yes, Ukraine is at war in case you missed it

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  4. G8trGr8t

G8trGr8t Premium Member

Aug 26, 2008
    And Hungary is holding out to get EU aid released that is being held due to corruption in Hungary. They are blackmailing the EU with the NATO vote. I say we vote their ass out of NATO and then hold the vote on Finland and Sweden

Hungary pressures EU by delaying Finland, Sweden NATO vote | PBS NewsHour

But a succession of delays by Hungary’s government — and its shifting justifications in explaining them — have caused frustration and worry in Sweden, Finland and beyond, and raised questions over what Hungary hopes to achieve through them.

Daniel Hegedus, an analyst and fellow for Central Europe at the German Marshall Fund, a think tank that seeks to promote cooperation between North America and the European Union, said that at the heart of Hungary’s intransigence on NATO expansion is its desire to exert leverage on the EU, which has frozen billions in funds to Budapest over corruption and rule-of-law concerns.

Hungary’s hope, Hegedus said, “is that by playing with this postponement of the voting, they can push the Swedes and the Finns to support a potential release of the Hungarian funds in April, or at least make these countries not vocally critical.”

5. duggers_dad

Jan 5, 2022
    US officials have not openly stated that the US is at war with Russia in a proxy war the US is losing to Russia.

6. duggers_dad

Jan 5, 2022
  7. ValdostaGatorFan

ValdostaGatorFan GC Hall of Fame

Aug 21, 2007
    TitleTown, USA
    Do you have a timestamp on where I should look to see "As you watch the video the Russian air craft flies away without any damage at all."

8. carpeveritas

carpeveritas GC Hall of Fame

Dec 31, 2016
    If you can point out the damage to the plane I'd happily agree with you. From my perspective their is none and given the numerous cameras on that predator the evidence of a collision would certainly be caught on film. Yet it is not.

• Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  9. duggers_dad

Jan 5, 2022
    Who cares how the drone was brought down ? I suspect that the US will not do this again if only because people who are decidedly less reckless than Lindsey Graham are running military operations.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. carpeveritas

carpeveritas GC Hall of Fame

Dec 31, 2016
    You can see what has been released just as well as I can. Two passes on the drone yet not a single pass shows a collision or a clipping of the propeller of that drone. Given the mantra wouldn't you think the military would release that footage if it had in fact occurred?

• Creative Creative x 1
  11. sierragator

sierragator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Orban is a bad actor for sure, part of what makes him such a hero in maga world. Pros and cons of kicking Hungary out of NATO. Pootie would love that and would move quickly to form some sort of alliance with Orban in an effort to fracture NATO. That said, Finland and Sweden joining up puts pootie pie in a pickle if his goal was to expand his empire and have Europe trembling at his feet.

12. Sohogator

Sohogator GC Hall of Fame

Aug 22, 2012
    Who cares? The plane isn’t shown after, it s shown before being flown very poorly. Also we do have a before and after of the prop. I’m going to be very nice to you. In your head what do you IMAGINE happened. Take your time to work it out and get back to the group with your answer.

13. ValdostaGatorFan

ValdostaGatorFan GC Hall of Fame

Aug 21, 2007
    TitleTown, USA
    Sorry, I'm still stuck on you saying that the Russian aircraft flew away undamaged.

14. Sohogator

Aug 22, 2012
    He’s missing at least one of his senses…

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. ajoseph

ajoseph Premium Member

Jan 15, 2008
    We are not at War with Russia.

We are proving assistance to Ukraine to help them to help them defend themselves against an aggressor.

Please feel free to post this factual explanation on the message boards of Pravda.

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  16. Sohogator

Aug 22, 2012
    when in a hole first stop digging…

17. Sohogator

Aug 22, 2012
    Man i was reasonably sure give 5 minutes to puzzle through the conundrum of the damaged prop he’d come to the right answer or even another answer. It’s rare, but sometimes I over estimate someone’s power of reason.

18. ajoseph

ajoseph Premium Member

Jan 15, 2008
    I recall from the interview that the Russian jet flew away WITH damage, showing there was a collision. The explanation of Russian pilot error was geometry-based, which naturally “flew” over my head.

19. ajoseph

ajoseph Premium Member

Jan 15, 2008
    Because that would be a false statement of fact.

20. ajoseph

ajoseph Premium Member

Jan 15, 2008
    I know you despise reality, but yet again, The US did not roll tanks or short missiles into Ukraine. That was all Russia. The United States did not roll tanks or shoot missiles into Russian, that was nobody. The United States is not fighting for its existence; Ukraine is.

Your bot-based information does nothing to alter the reality of the situation.