Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

War in Ukraine

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by PITBOSS, Jan 21, 2022.

1. duggers_dad

duggers_dad GC Hall of Fame

Jan 5, 2022
    Putin is such an unhinged madman that he’s gingerly leading Russians, into a war against the West, with soft-sounding euphemisms like SMO.

On the flipside, it makes it sound like the Russians are destroying the American proxy, a third time over, with a policing action.

2. duggers_dad

Jan 5, 2022
    You’re raging about a devastating loss to Putin and so you’re zeroing in on typos. You know in your heart that I’m spot-on.*

*I hope I got that right, that it’s a hyphenated term. Otherwise I may be subject to more raging disguised as school-marming*

Last edited: Mar 16, 2023
  3. okeechobee

okeechobee GC Hall of Fame

Sep 11, 2022
    You have a lot of creepy, cringeworthy thoughts like this, don’t you?

4. apkgator

apkgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Funny, I haven't mentioned your pal Vlad even once....much less raging. Are you getting all confused again? If the stress is really getting to you this badly, I suggest you just revert back to your simple bot posting. That seems to be much more within your comfort zone and less of a mental challenge. Although I can see where typos might be an issue when trying to balance on a can of peas and holding binoculars in one hand.

• Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  5. duggers_dad

Jan 5, 2022
    A sure sign of unhingement is an inordinate focus on typos. I believe that, after having to correct the typo, that analogy is apt. Nonetheless, any active participant - and the US is an active participant - is fair game according to the conventions of war. Indeed, I’m surprised Russia hadn’t done this earlier.

6. duggers_dad

Jan 5, 2022
  7. okeechobee

Sep 11, 2022
    Ohhh…so you mean we wouldn’t be okay with it, then? Thank you for remaking my point.

8. ValdostaGatorFan

ValdostaGatorFan GC Hall of Fame

Aug 21, 2007
    TitleTown, USA
    The difference is that the Reaper drone is at the bottom of the sea, and the spy ship isn't. Clearly.

9. duggers_dad

Jan 5, 2022
    I’m hearing that the Russians have recovered the submarine drone. Will they ship it to China or Iran for reverse engineering ?

10. okeechobee

Sep 11, 2022
    Sure, but from your article, you can clearly see Dems clamoring for Trump to do more about it. Maybe they were asking for sanctions or a stern talking to. Obviously, the spy ship was manned. The drone was not. So that probably played a factor too, don’t ya think? My analogy yesterday used the term “drone” for a reason.

11. okeechobee

Sep 11, 2022
    There’s a reason Biden will do absolutely nothing over this.

12. duggers_dad

Jan 5, 2022
    ^ If the case, not escalating would mean that what Biden didn’t do would be the best thing he’s ever done.

13. ValdostaGatorFan

Aug 21, 2007
    TitleTown, USA
    I see. That is an important distinction. Do I think the US would down a Russian UAV over in international airspace near the lower 48? I don't. But that is just my uneducated opinion.

I just watched the drone video and it looked accidental to me. I have a hard time believing that the Russian would risk himself and the jet and hit the drone on purpose.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. duggers_dad

Jan 5, 2022
    The American submarine drone costs three times as much as the Russian fighter jet that took it down. But a colossal embarrassment for Nulandia.

15. Sohogator

Sohogator GC Hall of Fame

Aug 22, 2012
    the fuel dump was purposeful. The pilot is incompetent as is most of Russias military. Only one carrier that has to be towed everywhere and routinely catches on fire. Everything about the Ukraine situation including flagship being sunk by Ukraine’s ARMY, couldn’t hold on the eastern block and then collapse of USSR and on and on. It’s a malignant banana republic. Minus the bananas and lots more vodka.

16. sierragator

sierragator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    It's not like he's going to start an extinction level war over this.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Wish I would have said that Wish I would have said that x 1
  17. ValdostaGatorFan

Aug 21, 2007
    TitleTown, USA
    I agree with all of that. It appeared that he wanted to get closer on the 2nd run of the purposeful fuel dump and clipped the prop on the drone. And the only thing I have to say about that flagship is.. "Russian Warship.. Go f yourself" :emoji_joy:

18. okeechobee

Sep 11, 2022
    If we were at war here in the U.S. and we knew Russia was sending billions in lethal aid to the country we were at war with, I think there’s a pretty good chance we’d at least dump some fuel on a Russian UAV 25 miles off our coast.

Obviously, Russia is the aggressor in the war in Ukraine and clearly violating international law by waging this war. But we really can’t be like “how dare you not let us spy on your military movements in your war with Ukraine from 25 miles away??” Especially, after Russia put out the warning beforehand. Not unless we’re planning on full-scale war with Russia and I hope we are not. So this is an “is what it is” scenario. I don’t see us pursuing this episode much further.

• Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  19. duggers_dad

Jan 5, 2022
    Why should he when he can just extinct Ukraine in hopes of weakening Russia ?

20. sierragator

sierragator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    So we and other nations should just cede the international airspace over the Black Sea because to do otherwise might offend Russian sensibilities. Should we cede the Mediterranean next?

• Agree Agree x 2