Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

War in Ukraine

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by PITBOSS, Jan 21, 2022.

1. tampagtr

tampagtr VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Don't forget the eight senators that went to Moscow on July 4, with various explanations of what they said and why they went

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opin...hCcyZJO11jksadZ6LBfqHOXWyNbHvs4iViHJqa-FJBItA

So, what do we call these Red Square Republicans? My interlocutors on Twitter suggest “Moscow Mules.” Or, given the position they put themselves in before our masters in Moscow, perhaps they should be called the Prostrate Eight: Sens. Richard C. Shelby (Ala.), Steve Daines (Mont.), John Hoeven (N.D.), John Neely Kennedy (La.), Jerry Moran (Kan.), John Thune (S.D.) and Johnson, plus Rep. Kay Granger (Tex.).

Their excellent adventure included a ballet performance of “Sleeping Beauty,” and fairy-tale notions pervaded their official meetings, too. “I’m not here today to accuse Russia of this or that or so forth,” Shelby told Duma Speaker Vyacheslav Volodin. “I’m saying that we should all strive for a better relationship.”

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. oragator1

oragator1 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Why is president in quotes?

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  3. VAg8r1

VAg8r1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Just a guess but probably because he believes that the former president with the orange complexion really won the election and should still be in the White House.

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. duggers_dad

duggers_dad GC Hall of Fame

Jan 5, 2022
    Why the hell not ? Moscow is a spectacular city.

5. Swamplizard

Swamplizard VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Orlando, Florida
    Ehh you would be wrong, but guess away unlike you and a bunch of other folks on here I haven't liked a president elect for the last 20 years I personally thought trump was and is a buffoon as well as I think biden is too

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  6. duggers_dad

Jan 5, 2022
    Western leaders and celebs flocking to Kyiv with one message for Zelensky: “Keep your people dying.”

7. VAg8r1

VAg8r1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Still doesn't answer the question regarding your use of the quotation marks. Even if you don't really like Joe Biden he still won the election is in fact the president.

8. duggers_dad

Jan 5, 2022
    Fact-Checked: Sadly True

9. Swamplizard

Swamplizard VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Orlando, Florida
    If you want to honor him all the power to you..I'm not stopping you nor is anyone else that I am aware of I won't. I didn't vote for him, I don't believe he is doing a good job, or doing anything good for the people of this country but if you do you do you!

10. GatorJMDZ

GatorJMDZ gatorjack VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    They stop shooting at each other when you watch just to f with you.

• Funny Funny x 6
  11. Sohogator

Sohogator GC Hall of Fame

Aug 22, 2012
    Japan steps up in a big way

• Like Like x 6
  12. duggers_dad

Jan 5, 2022
    • Off-topic Off-topic x 1
  13. Sohogator

Aug 22, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  14. G8trGr8t

G8trGr8t Premium Member

Aug 26, 2008
    with all the corrupt countries out there, do you honestly think that Ukraine is most corrupt? seriously? come on man, it isn't even close

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  15. swampbabe

swampbabe GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Viera, FL
    It was today’s coordinated talking point.

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. chemgator

chemgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Biden's visit to Ukraine is infuriating Putin and the Kremlin war bloggers. Biden is upstaging Putin, who was planning on making a speech about how well the war is going. The war bloggers are upset that Biden got to Kiev, and Putin could not get there. Some of the bloggers even appear to be losing faith in Putin's war machine.

Biden's Ukraine visit upstages Putin and leaves Moscow's military pundits raging | CNN

Not our comrade, however. Delusions full steam ahead!

• Winner Winner x 1
  17. chemgator

chemgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Belarus is scheduled to be swallowed by Russia by 2030, according to documents leaked from the Kremlin. Putin's plan was to pretend to have Russia "merge" with Belarus, with Russia taking over the exhausting responsibilities of running the country from the overwrought Belarussians. No word yet from the Belarussian citizens whether they like this idea. I suspect that their leader is going to be a little less popular in the morning when he gets his nose out of Putin's ass.

It's actually interesting to read that Lukashenko and Putin do not like each other. Both are waiting for the other to die. Lukashenko owes Putin for helping to keep him in power, while Putin has been (unsuccessfully) pressing Lukashenko for troops in the war.

Revealed: Leaked document shows how Russia plans to take over Belarus

Last edited: Feb 20, 2023
    • Informative Informative x 3
  18. citygator

citygator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Charlotte
    Putin America first eh? Baaaah.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2023
    • Funny Funny x 4
  19. carpeveritas

carpeveritas GC Hall of Fame

Dec 31, 2016
    Talk about a sign of weakness and portraying things are not going well for Ukraine and the war with Russia. Putin was informed of President Biden's visit and to be honest they should have been informed but it reveals a tenuous situation with the current status of the war in Ukraine.

If Ukraine is winning this war Russia would have never been notified of President Biden's visit.
    • Russia and the world now have a very clear picture of US / NATO / EU involvement in the war.
    • China now understands there will never be a NATO / US / EU resolution to this war as long as President Biden remains in office.
    • If Ukraine is winning the war why do you need Russia's approval to visit Kyiv?
    • President's Biden's safety in Kyiv is not a guarantee and it is clear that Ukraine with all of the allies support cannot stop the Russian assault on Kyiv. In short it is not safe to be in Kyiv period.
    • This is a sign of desperation on the part of the US.

U.S. alerted Russia to Biden's Ukraine visit for "deconfliction purposes," White House says
    Washington — The U.S. notified Russia of President Biden's secret visit to Ukraine hours before his departure in an attempt to avoid sparking conflict when he was in Kyiv, national security adviser Jake Sullivan told reporters Monday.

The White House said the nature of the trip to an active warzone was unprecedented, given the lack of a U.S. military presence in Ukraine and the small U.S. diplomatic footprint in the capital. Mr. Biden and a small group of top U.S. officials were on the ground in Kyiv for about six hours Monday to mark the upcoming one-year mark of Russia's war on Ukraine. It was the first time Mr. Biden visited since Russia's invasion.

• Come On Man Come On Man x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Sohogator

Aug 22, 2012
    Lots of nonsense except for the italicized bit. You’ve established that you don’t know Jack about anything related to military or military strategy. You should ditch the avatar.

• Come On Man Come On Man x 1