Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

War in Ukraine

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by PITBOSS, Jan 21, 2022.

1. G8trGr8t

G8trGr8t Premium Member

Aug 26, 2008
    need much more of this

(10) Ukraine warns it cannot defend against Iranian ballistic missiles (cnn.com)

France and Australia said on Monday that they would collaborate on a multi-million dollar project to produce “several thousand” artillery shells for Ukraine.

The announcement came as foreign and defense ministers of both countries were meeting in Paris.

“Several thousand 155-millimeter shells are going to be manufactured in common, with an unprecedented partnership between Australia and France,” said French defense minister Sébastien Lecornu during a press conference.

The French defense minister specified that Nexter — the French arms company — would be partnering with Australian companies which would be providing the powder for the shells.

• Informative Informative x 2
  2. sierragator

sierragator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    • Like Like x 1
  3. mdgator05

mdgator05 Premium Member

Dec 9, 2010
    Can you source this report from the Mossad?

4. uftaipan

uftaipan GC Hall of Fame

May 31, 2007
    Fresno, CA
    Can you imagine a point at any time in our roughly 250-year history where it would have been socially acceptable for one of our military officers to publicly brandish the skull of a fallen enemy as a taunt? If I were to call this kind of behavior medieval, that would be generous. I’m thinking this sort of thing is from the Bronze Age at best. Not sorry this guy is dying in a hospital at the moment.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. duggers_dad

duggers_dad GC Hall of Fame

Jan 5, 2022
    • Funny Funny x 2
  6. duggers_dad

Jan 5, 2022
    We’ve got to get over this Murca thing we have ...

Skulls, Ears, Noses, And Other Morbid "Trophies" Americans Took From Dead Japanese In WWII

7. duggers_dad

Jan 5, 2022
    All the hate made no difference ...

8. mdgator05

mdgator05 Premium Member

Dec 9, 2010
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  9. duggers_dad

Jan 5, 2022
    Nobody said unique access. Supposedly it was leaked. Never fear, I’m not hanging my hat on it. But it syncs amazingly with the BBC-Meduxa estimate of Russian losses and Col. Douglas MacGregor’s estimate of Ukrainian losses.

BTW, where did you go on the virus thread ?

10. mdgator05

mdgator05 Premium Member

Dec 9, 2010
    "Supposedly." And yet, they are the only news outlet with that "leak." Seems reasonable.

Ignoring it after you outright admitted that the purpose of the thread was false and that you weren't really interested in being pushed on your beliefs. Because rather than being a scientific question, it is a matter of you needing to believe that. And, therefore, that thread is just there so that you can convince yourself of things.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. mdgator05

mdgator05 Premium Member

Dec 9, 2010
    No, I didn't. I missed you trying so hard to convince yourself that there was a "devastating takedown" to avoid having to challenge your own beliefs. Let me know when you are willing to lay out the path to falsifiability of your claim. But as of now, you aren't willing to do that. So you can continue to shout into the ether how right you are for now (most posts in that thread are just you talking to yourself at this point). But it won't get you the hit in dopamine that you want it to for now.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  12. duggers_dad

Jan 5, 2022
    Post #267. Turns out your ‘breakthrough study’ wasn’t even a scientific study. It never even made any pretense of tracking an actual virus! Fail.

13. mdgator05

mdgator05 Premium Member

Dec 9, 2010
    I choose not to participate in your intellectually dishonest attempts to convince yourself that you are being smart by avoiding critical thought on your own beliefs. Good luck with yelling into the ether about it. But I see no point in engaging in such discussion nor in wasting my resources by pointing out the continual elementary errors that you make in doing so.

My last post on the topic.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  14. duggers_dad

Jan 5, 2022
  15. carpeveritas

carpeveritas GC Hall of Fame

Dec 31, 2016
    I'm thinking of Gen. Custer at this point. Why produce the head when a scalp is sufficient?
    Governments Used to Pay For Native American Scalps Which Made Scalping a Booming Business

16. duggers_dad

Jan 5, 2022
    Blasphemy!

17. uftaipan

uftaipan GC Hall of Fame

May 31, 2007
    Fresno, CA
    I understand what you mean, but for a proper equivocation General Custer would have had to present one of these scalps in front of the Astors, Vanderbilts et al at the Manhattan Symphony, saying something on the order of “Give the 7th Cav what we need, and I’ll come back with thousands of these!” Oh, and then the U.S. Army would have had to return him to duty in the West instead of immediately locking him up in the Bellview Lunatic Asylum as probably would have happened in real life. You can’t overlook the key phrase of my post: “socially acceptable”

18. Gatorhead

Gatorhead GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Philadelphia
    The horrors of war and how men and women succumb to it, may be expected in most, if not all conflicts. While perhaps not as egregious as the example cited soldiers from many nations and many conflicts practice the shameful art of mutiliation. Modern armies did if for intimidation. Our forces in Vietnam were known to collect teeth, ears and digits.

Native Indians (to cite the Custer example and this was true of Native American behavior) mutilated the 7th calvary after death.
    Based on the histories I have read, this was not an act of intimidation or meaness, The Lakota and Cheyenne would ritually cut open thier adversaries in the belief that in the after life these same persons could not harm them in the after life, if "cut up".

On the subject of heads, skulls and ears by soldiers or combatants one should hardly look at Native Peoples trepidations of the dead as a marker of human barbarity.

To me fire bombing Tokyo or Hamburg, or London or Rotterdamn with "bomber command" is 1000X times more barbaric as anything Natives ever did because of the SCALE of modern weapons. Bombs do not differentiate between soldiers, women and babies.

At least warring Indians did not dig trenches a few meters apart and use bow and arrow to kill 10 million warriors in the most assanine, tragic, stupid and selfish way. Industrialized barbarian murder, courtesy of those "Advanced European Cultures"

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. duggers_dad

Jan 5, 2022
    The West made the stupid bet that Russia could be defeated through a combination of economic sanctions, propaganda and military aid for Ukraine. The Americans and their NATO partners bet the lives of Ukrainians on their imperialist dream and now are becoming more desperate trying to fend off the looming defeat that confronts Ukraine and, by extension, NATO.

America perceives itself as a behemoth that can dictate events in the world. The reality is that the foundation of America’s power has eroded dramatically and irreversibly. The era of American dominance is coming to a messy end. Reminds me of the movie, Dead Man Walking — America has a sucking chest wound and does not realize it is dying.

Uncle Sam Bet on Russia's Collapse and Is Losing It's Shirt - A Son of the New American Revolution