Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

War in Ukraine

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by PITBOSS, Jan 21, 2022.

1. duggers_dad

duggers_dad GC Hall of Fame

Jan 5, 2022
    Notice that, as it becomes increasingly obvious, that Ukraine is falling apart, that the conversation turns to the infantile (and hypocritical coming from Americans) accusation of unprovoked aggression.

2. duggers_dad

Jan 5, 2022
    What’s gotten into Zaluzhny ? If he perused this thread he’d know that Russian morale has hit rock-bottom and that Russian troops are eating zoo animals to ward off starvation ...

“Russian mobilisation has worked,” says General Zaluzhny….“The enemy shouldn’t be discounted. They are not weak…and they have very great potential in terms of manpower.”

“I need resources. I need 300 tanks, 600-700 IFVs, 500 Howitzers.”

“It seems to me we are on the edge. What kind of mood will the fighters be in? Without water, light and heat, can we talk about preparing reserves to keep fighting?”

This from his recent interview with The Economist.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2023
  3. carpeveritas

carpeveritas GC Hall of Fame

Dec 31, 2016
    What about them tanks?

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. duggers_dad

Jan 5, 2022
    If this Ukrainian soldier perused this thread he’d know that Russians are fighting without socks and half of them are frostbitten. From CNN ...

“Everyone understands that the city will be abandoned. Everyone understands this,” he said. “I just want to understand what the point [in fighting house to house] is. Why die, if we are going to leave it anyway today or tomorrow?”…“No one will tell you how many dead and wounded there are. Because no one knows for sure.”

5. slayerxing

slayerxing GC Hall of Fame

Aug 14, 2007
    I'm not sure why anyone actually listens to this guy - he's been wrong. Like A LOT. Like an embarrassing amount.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. duggers_dad

Jan 5, 2022
    I can’t think of anything that Brian Berletic has been wrong about. Perhaps one thing: he earlier argued that it would take months to train Ukies on HIMARS. In his defense, he couldn’t have known that the US was covertly delivering HIMARS months before it acknowledged that it was delivering the weapons.

7. studegator

studegator GC Legend

Feb 24, 2008
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. oragator1

oragator1 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
  9. G8trGr8t

G8trGr8t Premium Member

Aug 26, 2008
    russian shill that makes outrageous claims with no backup to support his claims

10. duggers_dad

Jan 5, 2022
    Ukrainian soldier: “Do you expect me to keep fighting ?”

Zelensky: “No, Mr. Soldier. I expect you to die!”

Note: Zelensky has reportedly a FOURTH attempt to retake Soledar. The previous three have been destroyed. Ukrainian losses as high as 20,000 in the town of Soledar alone. The Vietnamese weren’t losing this many.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2023
  11. Sohogator

Sohogator GC Hall of Fame

Aug 22, 2012
  12. Gatorhead

Gatorhead GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Philadelphia
    Here's what - They will annihilate that bunch of junk the skis call "armor".

13. duggers_dad

Jan 5, 2022
    Abrams getting smoked in Yemen. Leopards getting crushed in Syria. They’ll light up like Christmas trees in winter Ukraine.

14. tampagtr

tampagtr VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
  15. chemgator

chemgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    I believe the last time U.S. tanks and Russian tanks squared off in large numbers was in 1991, in Iraq/Kuwait. One side lost 3300 tanks, and the other lost 31 tanks. Guess which side Russia's tanks were on? That's right, Iraq was fielding T-72 tanks, which the Russians are also fielding in significant numbers against Ukraine. Maybe the newer Russian T-90 tanks can surpass the 1:100 kill ratio of the Iraqi T-72's, but I don't know if I would count on it. If Ukraine's tankers can be properly trained, Russia's tanks are toast.

There will always be some losses of even the best tanks in tank battles, but the Abrams tanks have speed, accuracy, and a fire rate that I don't think the Russian tanks can match (and the Leopard tanks of Germany might be just as good). We already know that Russia's military leadership can't match up with Ukraine's, so you can forget about Russia out-smarting Ukraine. So then Russian admirers have to count on dumb luck as their only hope. Not a good battle plan.

Gulf War - Wikipedia

16. Gatorhead

Gatorhead GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Philadelphia
    I can't wait to see what happens when the Leopards and Bradley's show up.

17. chemgator

Apr 3, 2007
    A team of pissed-off beavers has decided to defend Ukraine from Belarus. Surprisingly, the Belarus army is so ineffective that a team of pissed-off beavers can defeat them. The beavers have been creating wet, sloppy messes on the border between Belarus and Ukraine, and Belarus does not yet have the technology to compete with the beavers. The Belarus army has tried gnawing on trees, but without success. Belarus has not yet decided whether to surrender to the angry beavers or to run in the opposite direction and surrender to Poland.

Ukraine credits local beavers for unwittingly bolstering its defenses — their dams make the ground marshy and impassable (yahoo.com)

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. chemgator

Apr 3, 2007
    Russia has decided to use prison labor in its manufacture of weapons for the war in Ukraine. Apparently, they drafted too many non-criminals to fight the war, and their factories lost too many people to keep up production. What could go wrong with using prisoners making weapons? It worked so well for the Nazis (except, of course, when it didn't). Prisoners are known for being responsible, having good judgment, and being able to focus on detailed tasks where small mistakes can make the difference between winning a battle and losing it.

Russia's defense manufacturing sector is using convict labor to meet war-time demands: UK intel (yahoo.com)

• Informative Informative x 3