Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

War in Ukraine

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by PITBOSS, Jan 21, 2022.

1. mdgator05

mdgator05 Premium Member

Dec 9, 2010
    That is your argument for why an admitted spy wasn't a spy?

• Like Like x 1
  2. duggers_dad

duggers_dad GC Hall of Fame

Jan 5, 2022
    I know that Russia is prioritizing killing over holding territory at present. But it doesn’t take a Nostradamus to know that.

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. duggers_dad

Jan 5, 2022
    Are you madly googling for dirt on Bamford ?

4. mdgator05

mdgator05 Premium Member

Dec 9, 2010
    Lol. I can see somebody is still salty because I pointed out that he was taking his arguments directly from Russian operatives now.

5. mdgator05

mdgator05 Premium Member

Dec 9, 2010
    And yet, they keep trying to advance on territory. You "know" that because they aren't gaining that territory. It is a nice circular piece of logic to avoid acknowledging that they lost territory, which wasn't their goal.

6. slayerxing

slayerxing GC Hall of Fame

Aug 14, 2007
    Ukraine update: Russia's shrinking war effort, failing drone attacks, and the defense of Soledar

Great write up today - which included links to other important recent reviews of the broader war they have done recently:

In case you missed it the last few weeks:
    • A high-level overview of the current active front. Written nearly a month ago, but nothing has changed since
    • A look at Ukraine’s future offensive options. This piece is two weeks old, and for sure nothing has changed. Ukraine won’t launch any winter offensive until the ground is good and frozen. General Mud doesn’t care if it’s Russia or Ukraine on the march. Current chatter is for something to happen in mid-to-late January.
    • Why Bakhmut holds. Written yesterday. Added here because, while lots of people are dying across the entire front line, this is where Ukraine is bleeding Russia dry.
    The update today shows something particularly interesting - look at that first few pictures of the rapidly shrinking russian war effort.

In addition, it looks like Ukraine will get even more weapons soon.
    Ukraine May Finally Get Greece’s Russian S-300 Missiles

Something else I had seen that was neat - Pakistan supporting Ukraine?
    Pakistan Could Upgrade Ukraine's T-80UD Tanks Despite Wanting To Stay Away From 'Disputes & Clashes': OPED

First african nation to provide support
    1st African Country To Provide Military Support To Ukraine, Morocco Could Send T-72 Tank Spare Parts To Kyiv

Just a few tidbits - there is a lot out there to read. More than one person can possibly consume.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2022
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  7. chemgator

chemgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Apparently, Putin delayed the original attack last winter three times to be absolutely certain that the Russian army was ready. The organization that was pushing Putin to pull the trigger was not the Russian army or the Wagner forces, but the FSB. They only provided the army with three days of food, thinking that's all it would take.

Putin postponed attack on Ukraine three times, FSB insisted on it

8. duggers_dad

Jan 5, 2022
    A Russian operative like a Russian who wasn’t a spy ? I have a hunch that the balding guy is a crucial figure here.

9. duggers_dad

Jan 5, 2022
    They are gaining territory. They were in the suburbs of Bakhmut. Now they’re basically downtown. When you kill everyone in front of you, you have to advance to find more people to kill. D’uh!

10. duggers_dad

Jan 5, 2022
    LOL dailykos

11. mdgator05

mdgator05 Premium Member

Dec 9, 2010
    Hmm, on one side, we have her being convicted to being a spy because she admitted to it in the face of evidence that she was. On the other side, we have you don't want her to be. It's a tough call weighing these two arguments.

I have a hunch that given that you thought he was a Senator rather than a Republican operative means that your grasp on the factual information here is pretty weak.

12. mdgator05

mdgator05 Premium Member

Dec 9, 2010
    That word "basically" sure is doing a lot of work. Also, it turns out that people can move. I know this must be of new information to you, but you don't have to advance to kill people. I would think I wouldn't need to explain this to the primary booster of the glorious retreat strategy.

13. slayerxing

Aug 14, 2007
    has had fantastic coverage of the Ukraine war

14. duggers_dad

Jan 5, 2022
    She maintains her innocence and is ironically a member of the Russian parliament. And if God has a sense of humor she’ll head up Americagate proceedings.

Also, call me a tin foil hat wearer, but I have a suspicion that it is important that a certain former senator is balding and that that might provide a clue as to whether there is a distinction made between city and region in the article I posted.

15. duggers_dad

Jan 5, 2022
    Ha-Ha! Excellent regurgitation of Ukrainian propaganda.

Ad hom is annoying, isn’t it ?

16. duggers_dad

Jan 5, 2022
    Ukraine doing a noticeable amount of glorious moving about now.

17. duggers_dad

Jan 5, 2022
    If it takes you more than a few weeks and 300,000 conscripts to subdue a banana republic ... you may not be a superpower ...

Attached Files:

18. slayerxing

Aug 14, 2007
    You do something else?

19. duggers_dad

Jan 5, 2022
    There’s nothing surprising about the claim that Russia’s military and intelligence services feed information to its national broadcasters since the US’ analogues do the same as evidenced by their outlets’ daily reports citing unnamed administration officials. This in and of itself doesn’t mean that the information they were given is false, but just that coordination between state structures and the media veritably exists all across the world without exception.

The New York Times’ Latest Report About “Russian Propaganda” Is Really A Nothingburger

20. chemgator

chemgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    It's almost as if the rest of the world wants Russia to lose this war more than they want to show their middle finger to the U.S. Who knew? O.k., everybody other than our comrade knew that, but who else knew? I bet eskimos without internet didn't know that.

• Agree Agree x 1