Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

War in Ukraine

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by PITBOSS, Jan 21, 2022.

1. PITBOSS

PITBOSS GC Hall of Fame

Apr 13, 2007
    ha that’s great. Check out in that video at the 45 sec mark, him throwing blackbelt dude he’s fighting. Kind of like him scoring 8 goals in hockey a few years back. But the real test; can Putin walk down a slightly declining ramp.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2022
  2. PITBOSS

PITBOSS GC Hall of Fame

Apr 13, 2007
    It would be good if we could do more - but would it escalate? Biden’s number one goal in life as potus is to NOT trade nuclear attacks with Russia. And we shouldn’t even be close. Nukes is THE only ace Russia is holding against the west.

what could we/nato/UN do?

3. duggers_dad

duggers_dad GC Hall of Fame

Jan 5, 2022
    US and Russia: two dying and drunk (or heavily medicated) countries ... but one with slightly more nukes and a battle-hardened army.

4. uftaipan

uftaipan GC Hall of Fame

May 31, 2007
    Fresno, CA
    Frankly, the Russians have escalated by mobilizing and with their plebiscite/annexation sham. If we don’t escalate, then we are sending a signal that the Russian escalation was wise and they have backed us down. It doesn’t matter if we choose not to see it that way, from the Russian perspective that’s the way it is.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. duggers_dad

Jan 5, 2022
    Well, well we have a head-of-state who can fall UP the stairs!

6. duggers_dad

Jan 5, 2022
    But we’re not sitting by idly. Our rockets are being fired on voters to save democracy.

7. duggers_dad

Jan 5, 2022
    Put boots on the ground and get chewed to pieces ?

8. chemgator

chemgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    The Russian Army gets a new fighting machine. His name is Edward Snowden. He is legendary in the field of secrets. Specifically, not keeping them.

So all you people who thought that Russia would not get any volunteers for the military by offering free citizenship, you are completely wrong. At the rate of one new conscript per week, Putin should have a full company within a year, and a battalion in less than a century. Snowden is expected to be stationed in Army Intelligence, in charge of distribution of secret plans. His wife is expected to lead a tank battalion after her 45 minutes of mandatory training on tank operations.

Vladimir Putin grants former NSA contractor Edward Snowden Russian citizenship | CNN

Another victory for Vlad-the-Paler.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. duggers_dad

Jan 5, 2022
    He’s been at loggerheads with Zelensky the whole way. His plan was to husband Ukraine’s best troops and prepare them for a grand offensive next Spring.

Zelensky said why procrastinate and get them all killed then ? Why not get them all kill now ?

upload_2022-9-26_18-13-57.jpeg

10. duggers_dad

Jan 5, 2022
    I do believe the US is prattling about nukes more than Putin is. I think we should keep pushing and keep pushing and keep pushing, until Putin does use a nuke, so we can cry, “OMG! He used a nuke!!!”

11. danmanne65

danmanne65 GC Hall of Fame

Jul 2, 2022
    DeLand
    Outside of my experience. Perhaps having enough nukes to kill everyone ten times over will only kill everyone once?

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. uftaipan

uftaipan GC Hall of Fame

May 31, 2007
    Fresno, CA
    Ha! So funny when you talk smack. Profess nothing but contempt for all things military yet somehow an expert on them, too. First, no one is discussing an “escalation” that results in U.S. ground troops in Ukraine; there are about 10 ways off the top of my head that we could escalate military, economic, and informational pressure to make life easier for Ukraine and harder for Russia without armed intervention. Second, even if armed intervention was on the table (which it isn’t), why would we put ground troops in when Ukraine’s land component is sufficient for victory? If we tipped in with air and naval support, Russia would be decisively defeated in Ukraine within weeks and forced into the dilemma of another unwise escalation. If you couldn’t put Ukraine’s Air Force to bed, what are you going to do about planes you can’t sense or cruise missiles that actually hit their targets? But go on tell us again how we would get our “tails whipped” yea though you can’t get air superiority over Ukraine.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. duggers_dad

Jan 5, 2022
    I’m no military expert. But I do know some. You’ll dismiss this one because you won’t like what he has to say ...

14. duggers_dad

Jan 5, 2022
    In the Iraq War of 2003 the Coalition had air superiority.

And lost 155 helicopters and fixed wing aircraft.

15. uftaipan

uftaipan GC Hall of Fame

May 31, 2007
    Fresno, CA
    You already posted him. Once more, that was from years ago. Notre Dame started this season in the Top 5. We hadn’t seen them play a game yet. No one today is going on about how great Notre Dame is based on their preseason expectations. Well, maybe you are. I don’t know. Ask good Dr. Karber what his opinion is today. Eight months ago, I would have largely agreed with him.

Dude, your military is a joke. It’s amateur hour over in Ukraine. But you know what might help? 300,000 more disgruntled amateurs.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. studegator

studegator GC Legend

Feb 24, 2008
    Ukraine Can Win This War
    The experts said Ukraine was was ill-prepared, ill-equipped, and Russia’s military was simply too powerful. They were wrong.

17. duggers_dad

Jan 5, 2022
    And the US military has been in free-fall since. Loses war games vs Russia and China badly. Hell, loses vs Iran.

The US military is fat, out of shape, not battle-hardened and can’t meet its recruitment quotas. I’m guessing this has something to do with why it isn’t fighting Russia in Ukraine.

I just want to see a chastened US foreign policy, an end to the bottom-feeders who suck their way, from administration to administration, and who never see a country they don’t want to plunder and disconfigure.

And I hope it doesn’t taken getting our asses beat (again and again) to see that happen.

• Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
  18. slayerxing

slayerxing GC Hall of Fame

Aug 14, 2007
    Sorry did the us military fail? Has the us been hit by terrorists again stateside and I missed it? Right actually the us put so many of the bastards in the ground they haven’t had a worthwhile attack on us soil since 2001. Only 3 kills on us soil from jihadists since 2001. How many troops has Russia lost in the last 7 months? Oh right. Like 20,009 dead. I think the us lost 1/3 of that over 20 years. The us would smoke russia now if they seriously got involved. Russia can’t even shoot down Ukraine’s planes lol at what they would do to f35s and the full us assortment of drones.

19. gatormonk

gatormonk GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007

• Informative Informative x 1
  20. slayerxing

slayerxing GC Hall of Fame

Aug 14, 2007
    Note it only took ukraine 16 himars to basically turn the tide in the war. The us has 500 and more are coming. Lol. Imagine what 100 of the damn things would have done the Russians would have been running back to Moscow like whipped dogs.

• Agree Agree x 2