Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

War in Ukraine

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by PITBOSS, Jan 21, 2022.

1. gogator7444

gogator7444 GC Hall of Fame

Nov 24, 2021
    Buffalo NY
    Meanwhile....more idiocy from folks who fall for propaganda. Wanting to know why we should be against Putin, who is fighting nazis, biolabs, etc.

Not in Russia. But here in the US. *facepalm*

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. sierragator

sierragator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Tells you everything you need to know about Grassley and his ilk. Carrying water for a murderous dictator. These scum are among us.

• Agree Agree x 4
  3. OklahomaGator

OklahomaGator Jedi Administrator Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    I didn't see Grassley defending Putin at all in that video.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. OklahomaGator

OklahomaGator Jedi Administrator Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    I didn't see Grassley defending Putin at all in that video.

5. sierragator

Apr 8, 2007
    Silence is consent when given the opportunity to call him out. Have more excuses to offer?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  6. slightlyskeptic

slightlyskeptic All American

May 13, 2021
    This. We would kick their ass three ways from Sunday.

7. uftaipan

uftaipan GC Hall of Fame

May 31, 2007
    Fresno, CA
    Are you serious with this? I don’t know what year that was from, but I assume it was before 2022.

For historical parallel, you just cited 1935 data on how good the Italian Army is as caution to U.S. forces about to go into North Africa in 1942 … completely ignoring how wretched the Italian Army has performed in actual combat for the past two years.

You think our air forces would be “badly whipped”? My God, man, Russia hasn’t even been able to impose air superiority on Ukraine after two months of fighting. The pre-war estimate was that it would take them between 12 and 48 hours. Our air combatant component in Europe just might be slightly better equipped, combat experienced, and proficient than Ukraine was on Day 1. We have tools the Russians (and the Chinese for that matter) have no answer for.

Your caution is just silly. More wise to caution Russia not to use a nuclear weapon so they don’t have to find out what a real professional military looks like in action.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. apkgator

apkgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Nor did I....but I also didn't see him do much of anything that reflected a spine either. Pretty weak display

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. duggers_dad

duggers_dad GC Hall of Fame

Jan 5, 2022
    From the video I posted: salient points on why the US would get beaten up in Ukraine ...

• Russia has the most advanced and dense, data-linked air defense on earthenware
    • In a war against Russia, U.S. army cannot expect much air assistance for at least the first several weeks. Even stealth aircraft will not be of much use for various reasons he explains
    • Russian EW (electronic warfare) is much more advanced and more ‘combat-ized’ than in the U.S. RF utilizes it in combat squads whereas U.S. barely has any and only at the divisional level
    • Russian EW shuts down all communications in huge areas along the front, no cellphones, military radios etc. They break GPS links with drones, making them useless and can even fry the fuses on artillery shells midflight.
    • U.S. army produces 10x the frequency emissions of a Ukrainian brigade, which would make it extremely visible to all sorts of Russian EW, drones, advanced weapons
    • Russia has far more artillery than U.S. and far greater variety of munition types

• Funny Funny x 7
    • Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 3
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 2
  10. chemgator

chemgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    I don't care if he wears a tutu and sings Ethyl Merman tunes, he's doing a great job as a war-time leader. He has more courage than the last four U.S. presidents combined. He may not be a great example of democracy in action, but that's not what we (or Ukraine) need from him right now. I don't think he's in much of a position to do much of anything in Donbas these days. Ethnic cleansing doesn't seem to be his official policy, as far as I know. Maybe he's had bigger fish to fry than stopping some ethnic cleansing in an eastern corner of his country.

As far as fighting Russia to a standstill, he's doing a fantastic job. Ukraine is fighting one of the world's superpowers, AND WINNING (or at least, holding his own). He is inspiring enough as a leader that large numbers of Russian troops are now fighting FOR UKRAINE! When is the last time that happened?

What are you going to claim next, that he has failed to write traffic tickets in Kiev? He's unwilling to stop all of the speeding on the nation's highways? He's rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic? What? I can't imagine where you get your news from, but it sounds like it may be either from Russian propaganda or an insane asylum. Eh, comrade?

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. uftaipan

uftaipan GC Hall of Fame

May 31, 2007
    Fresno, CA
    And yet … they can’t impose their will on Ukraine in the air. Do explain.

As I said earlier, all of your data is based on pre-war assessment of Russian capabilities. We know our stuff works. Now we know theirs doesn’t.

• Winner Winner x 1
  12. gogator7444

Nov 24, 2021
    Buffalo NY
    He stood there & didn't correct the guy, nor say anything to raise the fact that Putin is the aggressor here. His silence was deafening. My bigger point was the voter & his POV.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  13. gogator7444

Nov 24, 2021
    Buffalo NY
    Half tempted to unignore whoever you replied to in order to read the mess that prompted that reply. LOL

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. sierragator

Apr 8, 2007
    A slam dunk to pick a side on this. The sworn enemy of the USA and all that we purport to stand for (Mr. Putin) who is committing war crimes as we speak or support those who are opposing Mr. Putin. It really isn't that hard and very telling when someone doesn't or worse yet openly does support Mr. Putin. You can't claim to be for liberty and freedom and look the other way or support a butcher like Putin.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  15. G8trGr8t

G8trGr8t Premium Member

Aug 26, 2008
    Go away boris. How anyone can support what is happening in Ukraine is beyond reason

• Winner Winner x 2
  16. uftaipan

uftaipan GC Hall of Fame

May 31, 2007
    Fresno, CA
    Don’t. You’ll never regret a good ignore.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. G8trGr8t

G8trGr8t Premium Member

Aug 26, 2008
    Surprised it has taken this long for them to deploy shore to sea long range missiles

18. chemgator

Apr 3, 2007
    I have never heard of air defense on earthenware. Aren't they worried the pottery will crack in combat? Are we supposed to be scared of pottery? I'm sure we could drop some earthenware (and Pottery Barn catalogs) from B-52's and scare the hell out of the Russians. "Nyet, comrade. They are mocking us!"

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Wish I would have said that Wish I would have said that x 1
  19. G8trGr8t

G8trGr8t Premium Member

Aug 26, 2008
    Wonder if that is who Putin listened to that convinced him it was a cakewalk. Russian military has rotted from within due to rampant corruption and apathy

20. chemgator

Apr 3, 2007
    In real news, the Germans are getting cold feet with their policies on Russia. They admit that their economy is built on cheap Russian oil, not windmills and solar panels littered across the windless, cloud-covered landscape.

Ukraine War Pushes Germans to Change. They Are Wavering.

• Informative Informative x 1