Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

War in Ukraine

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by PITBOSS, Jan 21, 2022.

1. gogator7444

gogator7444 GC Hall of Fame

Nov 24, 2021
    Buffalo NY
    If it was a direct supply i see that. But filling in any gaps left by Poland or others donating planes, etc, isn't direct. They're already doing it with Slovenia (or Slovakia...sorry getting names confused) donating anti missile batteries. They were ready to go then the US put the brakes on it.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. gatorpa

gatorpa GC Hall of Fame

Sep 5, 2010
    East Coast of FL
    I think the big issue was the planes, Poland wanted to offer up some but they had to go through another country and the US didn't want it to be them.

3. G8trGr8t

G8trGr8t Premium Member

Aug 26, 2008
    Austrian PM takes the truth to Putin. Hope he didn’t drink the tea

Austrian leader has 'open and tough' talks with Putin in Russia

Austrian Chancellor Karl Nehammer held "very direct, open and tough" talks with Russian President Vladimir Putin near Moscow on Monday, in Putin's first meeting with a European Union leader since the invasion of Ukraine started more than six weeks ago.
    The conversation with President Putin was very direct, open and tough," Nehammer said in the statement.

Having been visibly moved by telephone conversations with Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskiy, Nehammer visited Ukraine on Saturday to show support for Kyiv. He said he felt meeting Putin was his duty so as to "leave no stone unturned" in seeking an end to the conflict or humanitarian improvements.

"My most important message to Putin was that this war must finally end, because in a war there are only losers on both sides," he said in the statement.

4. gogator7444

Nov 24, 2021
    Buffalo NY
    Well you can't fix evil stupidity.

• Informative Informative x 2
  5. gogator7444

Nov 24, 2021
    Buffalo NY
  6. uftaipan

uftaipan GC Hall of Fame

May 31, 2007
    Fresno, CA
    The best way for President Biden to deal with this is to make defeating Russia the top strategic goal of this administration and follow it through:

Fire Jake Sullivan. Stop the nonsense no one truly believes about climate change and white supremacy being bigger threats than the nuclear-armed madman who has brazenly invaded his neighbor. Stop encouraging Ukraine to surrender more territory just so you can turn the page on this war. Not only stop being an obstacle to Ukraine getting the weapons it needs but also facilitate it. Build up the heavy forces in Eastern Europe necessary to make Russia think it has a gun to its head.

Putin is teetering. Rather than give him time to catch his breath and adjust, give him a shove. If he’s not in power in 2024, then he can’t interfere in anyone’s elections. Or do the opposite of everything I just said, let Ukraine fall, let Russia rebuild, and call everyone who excoriates this Administration for allowing it useful idiots of Putin.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Wish I would have said that Wish I would have said that x 1
  7. gogator7444

Nov 24, 2021
    Buffalo NY
    Turns out Daddy Elon didn't foot the bill for Starlink. The US did.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. gogator7444

Nov 24, 2021
    Buffalo NY
    For the "well Ukraine has Nazis" crowd...time to denazify Russia?

9. gogator7444

Nov 24, 2021
    Buffalo NY

10. sierragator

sierragator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Looking forward to the day when Russia is on the same historical scrap heap as Nazi Germany.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. gogator7444

Nov 24, 2021
    Buffalo NY
    Speaking of Nazis, now that excuse is gone from the narrative.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. danmann65

danmann65 All American

May 22, 2015
    Isn't one of the definitions of insanity, doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results? Russia may eventually overpower the Ukraine but I doubt they change tactics. Russia's only chance of victory is exhausting the Ukrainian people. I like us to not directly arm the Ukrainians. Let's fund everything and everybody who will do it. There are gonna be a lot of Russians in body bags. The Ukrainians are adapting and learning on the fly.

13. sierragator

sierragator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    I just got this from my friend in Odessa: It seems the Russians have resorted to chemical warfare.

URGENT!!!
    "Update." A few minutes ago, your scum still arranged a chemical hell in Mariupol. Target - city defenders. But hundreds, or maybe thousands of citizens have become a target. There is no connection to the city. It is impossible to imagine how much and inhuman pain people who have been hit by a chemical attack!!!
    Russians, is this your revenge on us for default?! For the sorties on the street???!! For the swearing-in moms of thieves?! For the rapists of the "rich" Russians?! Hate it! Wait for it! It's only getting worse!
    Peace! Save Mariupol!!!!
    SAVE YOU MARIK!!!
    Not that I didn't understand that a short break in the war would end. But after a conversation with Oleg Zhdanovy, it becomes boring from the realization: ahead is the worst. All eyes on Mariupol.
    You can pray - pray for our boys as they wash their knees in blood! They are holding Ukraine today! They are hungry, tired, wounded, exhausted, dehydrated, no sleep and rest!
    Lord, save them and create a miracle! Kiss the land of Mariupol under your feet!
    Watch the war forecast from Oleg Zhdanov. Already on my YouTube channel:
    https://youtu.be/-7ecAurxosU

Kharkiv or Dnipro: where will the orcs go? Will the racists manage to surround the zsu? How Putin's generals try to save the last military horde from the meat grinder.
    Why is the well of the Russian elite? Surkov left - who's next?
    Mariupol is a city of our strength and their feat. Who actually wrote a letter from Marík: defense or fsb? Why can Lukashenko start a war? Demilitarization of Pridnistrovâ - work for zsu.
    What kind of "fire" did Boris Johnson put out in Kyiv ? Questions of the Moscow Patriarchate: Kirzoví boots from under the bead.

• Informative Informative x 2
  14. chemgator

chemgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    What does the rest of that speech sound like?

"Where people are free to kill and maim each other to their heart's desire. And where everyone will speak Russian and do business in rubles. There will be freedom of worship--everyone will be free to worship Vladimir Putin. There will be freedom of expression--everyone will be free to express themselves in their gulag in Siberia, where they will work to improve humanity."

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  15. uftaipan

uftaipan GC Hall of Fame

May 31, 2007
    Fresno, CA
    Not bad. You might have missed your calling as a speechwriter for a despot.

16. homer

homer GC Hall of Fame

Nov 2, 2015
    Chemical weapons is a game changer.

• Agree Agree x 3
  17. gogator7444

Nov 24, 2021
    Buffalo NY

• Informative Informative x 3
  18. gogator7444