Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

War in Ukraine

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by PITBOSS, Jan 21, 2022.

1. chemgator

chemgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Singapore is listed as a parliamentary republic, similar to England. Sounds like democracy to me. For some reason, no one has formed a significant opposition party yet. They are theoretically allowed to form an opposition party, though.

They are a fairly homogenous people on a small island. I'm sure that plays into the politics. Malaysia next door is more multicultural, with 20% Chinese descendants, and 10% Indian descendants, along with a mixture of different religions.

Singapore - Wikipedia

2. chemgator

Apr 3, 2007
    Putin suffers yet another "massive" defeat, this time in Moldova. Putin had his oligarchs spend $15 million to bribe Moldovan voters to vote against EU membership, but they voted FOR membership by a narrow majority. Should have spent $16 million, ya tightwad bastids.

Opinion - Putin suffers another massive defeat, this time in Moldova

3. chemgator

Apr 3, 2007
    The idea of North Korea's soldiers being effective in Ukraine seems a bit far-fetched. Most N.K. troops have no experience in actual combat. There will be a language problem between the soldiers and their Russian overlords. Russia cannot handle its own troops effectively, much less someone else's.

North Korean troops fighting Ukraine will be 'fair game,' U.S. warns Putin

I'm guessing that the dead soldiers do not fight as well as the wounded ones.