Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

War in Ukraine

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by PITBOSS, Jan 21, 2022.

1. chemgator

chemgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Anybody with half a brain can tell you that Russia does not care about getting rid of corruption, as long as they are winning. Corruption is as much a part of Russian traditions as vodka.

Russia is purging military leadership because they are severely disappointed in the results, Lee Harvey. They could care less about the methods as long as the results are acceptable. The money lost in Russian military corruption is a pimple on the ass of the paycheck that $12 trillion worth of Ukrainian minerals would being in. This is the country that sends prisoners to the front line as targets to identify enemy positions. While you and your fellow Russian military bloggers are pretending that Russia is winning this war, Putin's actions indicate that he knows he's losing the war.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. duggers_dad

duggers_dad GC Hall of Fame

Jan 5, 2022
    You’re a wild-eyed Russophobic zealot.

You hate Russians like you do because you were told to and you dutifully obey your inbreeding.

Going further: you’re the kind of crazy who would actually prefer to have enemies in the world than to live in a world where dialogue and compromise is a possibility.

As I suspect this makeup of yours is irremediable, suffice it to say that you are being soundly defeated.

3. duggers_dad

Jan 5, 2022
    And notwithstanding repeated Russian denials that it means to conquer Kharkiv, wild-eyed zealots continue to project the positioning of a meager 30k troops as Russia’s means to overwhelm a city of two-million.

https://www.moonofalabama.org/2024/08/ukraine-sitrep-catch-up-.html#more

Reminder that in the Iraq War, it took 108,000 coalition troops and daily US Air Force bombardment NINE months and eight days, to pacify between 5k and 10k IS militants, at the cost of 40,000 civilian lives.

And objectively it is regarded as a titanic strategic failure and an horrific catastrophe.

4. chemgator

Apr 3, 2007
    I dislike the Russian government because I can see the obvious: that Russia invaded Ukraine to seize mineral wealth and farmland, and to attempt to re-build their empire. You're not smart enough to see the obvious, Lee Harvey, so you cling to the lies that the Kremlin puts out--that Ukraine is full of Nazis, and NATO is a threat to invade Moscow any minute. That's where your inbreeding with clownish barbarians comes into play. You will believe essentially anything as long as it satisfies your demented view of the U.S.--that it is the source of all evil in the world, and only a egotistical dictator can put the U.S. in its place. Dialog and compromise are fine, unless you are talking about compromising our values and integrity. I don't see any reason to do that with a common thief and killer like Putin. I am looking forward to see what Russia can make of itself after they are defeated and Putin is strung up like Mussolini. A Russia free from communism, militarism, and dictatorship could be a positive force in the world. So, no, I don't hate Russia or Russians. Just Putin and Russia's military. Try to grow up a little.

I certainly haven't been defeated yet. Certainly not by a fool (and a tool) like you.

5. duggers_dad

Jan 5, 2022
    I know, you were spitting nails when we invaded a country under false pretenses, in 2003. j/k. I know you weren’t because you’re America right or wrong, however wrong. It hasn’t, correction: it can never occur you to you that we might be the bad guys. Hey, some nation has to be the bad guy. Why not us ?

And if you haven’t been defeated, you’d better hope your women acquit themselves better than your men. It’s down to the women …

6. okeechobee

okeechobee GC Hall of Fame

Sep 11, 2022
    How long does Ukraine hold out? Russia is making gains daily and has cut off the Ukrainian 2nd to last line of defense in the Donetsk region. Just a matter of time before the Russians penetrate the last line of defense and then this will spiral quickly. U.S. military aid appears to have already dried up and the Ukrainians only had setbacks. Gotta wrap this up soon or Ukraine is looking at much taller losses in the not so distant future.

7. duggers_dad

Jan 5, 2022
  8. chemgator

Apr 3, 2007
    How long can Russia hold out? Russia's gains are measured in yards (or meters), not miles (or kilometers). At this rate, it will take a decade or more for Russia to take the country. Russia's economy cannot hold up for a decade, between the sanctions, the collapsing infrastructure, the low price of oil, the increasing inflation, and the shrinking list of countries willing to do business with them. U.S. military aid has not dried up--where did you get that idea? I think we just committed $50 billion in aid to Ukraine recently. I think it is very telling that Ukraine is still interested in taking Crimea. If Ukraine's military was in such dire straits, why would they not be plugging every hole in their defensive lines, and give up on Crimea? The answer is simple: Ukraine is trading land for dead Russians. That should tell you that they are not that worried about their defensive lines in the east collapsing anytime soon.

Use your brain, people. That's all I'm asking. Okey-dokie?

9. chemgator

Apr 3, 2007
    What were the motives of the U.S. in 2003? Did we steal Iraq's natural resources (oil)? Obviously not. Was Iraqi leadership a source of instability in the middle east? Yes, it was. Saddam had a history of invading his neighbors, and was firing missiles at U.S. aircraft enforcing a no-fly zone over the country. The nuclear weapons program turned out to be bad information, but there was still a benefit to removing Saddam for the security of the region. What GWB failed to understand was that Iran was the bigger troublemaker in the region, and long-term peace in the region would not be possible without regime change in Iran.

It is absurd to compare the imperfect justification of the Iraqi invasion to the totally false and criminal justification for Russia's adventure in Ukraine. The Ukraine War is clearly an invasion for the purpose of stealing Ukraine's natural resources, and doing some empire-building. Anyone with half a brain will tell you that Putin is planning on setting up a puppet government in Ukraine if he wins this war, and Ukrainians will virtually be Russia's slaves, like they were decades ago. That is Putin's ultimate goal--just like it was when he inserted terrorists and weapons into eastern Ukraine and tried to take the country through non-military means in 2014. The U.S. had no intention of running the country or taking resources when it invaded Iraq.

Deciding that its America's "turn" to be the bad guy is about the dumbest thing I've ever heard on this board. Yes, it is possible that the U.S. can be the bad guy, like we were in Vietnam, although even then, U.S. leadership believed that all communist countries were a danger to the U.S. Of course, LBJ, like GWB, was not a very bright president. We had no intention of taking Vietnam's resources; we were just propping up a dangerous and disturbed president/dictator on a crusade against Buddhists and people who opposed his corruption. If you want to propose that the U.S. is the bad guy in any situation, you might want to try something called "evidence", and not some ranting of a lunatic like Caitlin Johnstone.

10. G8trGr8t

G8trGr8t Premium Member

Aug 26, 2008
    Another diving attraction courtesy of the Russian navy

https://www.cnn.com/2024/08/03/europe/ukraine-claims-russian-submarine-sunk-intl-hnk-ml/index.html
    [COLOR=var(--style-type-primary-1-highest)][COLOR=var(--theme-link-color-hover)]Ukraine[/COLOR]’s military has claimed it sank a Russian submarine in a port in Crimea, in what would be another major setback for Moscow in the occupied peninsula.[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=var(--style-type-primary-1-highest)]The submarine Rostov-on-Don was hit in the port of Sevastopol on Friday, the General Staff of Ukraine’s Armed Forces said in a statement Saturday.[/COLOR]

11. slayerxing

slayerxing GC Hall of Fame

Aug 14, 2007
    Lol the Russian navy is so incompetent it’s really crazy they can’t protect their stuff at all.

12. chemgator

Apr 3, 2007
    It's amazing how little has changed in that regard since 1905.

13. duggers_dad

Jan 5, 2022
    The number of Russian naval vessels Ukraine claims to have sunk, later verified to be afloat, would likely comprise one of the largest navies in the world …

14. ajoseph

ajoseph Premium Member

Jan 15, 2008
    I know it’s part of your theme to pass along Russian propaganda with such frequency that you hope people just start to believe it’s true.

But you’re wrong, like so many other “facts” you put out, about people “hating Russians.” People here don’t hate Russians, or have any other special feelings one way or the other. People distrust the Russian GOVERNMENT, and loathe that it is a murdering, unconscionable, sociopathic power.

The best evidence of people’s feelings about Russians, in general, is the NHL, filled with Russians. There was not a single instance that the Russian athletes were booed—for being Russian—in a single arena. To the contrary, they are cheered and adored by their respective cities, and hated as adversaries—not as Russians—in rival cities; no different than any other player.

If you were correct, there would be widespread hate in our arenas. There is not.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. duggers_dad

Jan 5, 2022
    The irony doth escape you.

16. ajoseph

ajoseph Premium Member

Jan 15, 2008
    Well, since truth escapes you, I guess we’re even.

• Winner Winner x 1
  17. NavyGator93

NavyGator93 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 4, 2015
    Georgia
    It's amazing the amount of crap twitter, you tube videos and whatever else he posts that he believes constitute news or facts. Is that SOP for russian trolls? Just keep posting crap even though no one takes them seriously?

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. coleg

coleg GC Hall of Fame

Sep 5, 2011
    It's a living or it beats the balcony?

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. demosthenes

demosthenes Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Saw elsewhere that some F-16s were seen flying around Odessa. I wonder what their role will be. Defense of Odessa, attacking Crimea, bit of both?

20. G8trGr8t

G8trGr8t Premium Member

Aug 26, 2008
    If the US gave them long range a2a missiles, I would think they would be trying to push the russian af launch points further back into Russia

• Agree Agree x 1