Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

War in Ukraine

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by PITBOSS, Jan 21, 2022.

1. CHFG8R

CHFG8R GC Hall of Fame

Apr 24, 2007
    St. Augustine, FL
    You people don't feel strongly about anything. . . outside of rabble rousing. That you missed the point of "the battle" tells me everything I need to know about you. We're done. Have a horrible day!

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. CHFG8R

CHFG8R GC Hall of Fame

Apr 24, 2007
    St. Augustine, FL
    We need a "snore" icon. ZZZZZ.

3. CHFG8R

CHFG8R GC Hall of Fame

Apr 24, 2007
    St. Augustine, FL
    No dude, he's an "independent thinker". As he says, he "doesn't even watch Hannity.". And we "only" pissed away 1.8 Trillion. Oh, and let me reach way up my ass and pull out. . . COVID as a response. Yes, this is one of the real mental talents on GC.

I would add that Afghanistan would have been much more successful if we don't take our eye off the ball with Iraq. There was no NOT doing Afghanistan. We had actual video of Al Qaeda training with the Taliban at camps in Afghanistan.

But, great post. Sadly, if both Bush and Putin take the advice that most of the world was giving them (don't do it), both would have been a lot better off.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. CHFG8R

CHFG8R GC Hall of Fame

Apr 24, 2007
    St. Augustine, FL
    Don't flatter yourself. It's because your are . . . . . let's just leave it at "mentally challenged."

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  5. 92gator

92gator GC Hall of Fame

Jun 14, 2007
    It's called ignore big guy.

Have at it.

6. 92gator

92gator GC Hall of Fame

Jun 14, 2007

So nasty. So personal.

Why?

Lol!

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. 92gator

92gator GC Hall of Fame

Jun 14, 2007
    Nm. Let me help you out with the ignore feature. Bye.

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. CHFG8R

CHFG8R GC Hall of Fame

Apr 24, 2007
    St. Augustine, FL
    Blah, blah, blah, blah. . . . . You were saying? Oh, yeah, I could give a shit. Have a terrible day!

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. CHFG8R

CHFG8R GC Hall of Fame

Apr 24, 2007
    St. Augustine, FL
    So typically unthoughtful and boring. Why am I not surprised?

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  10. CHFG8R

CHFG8R GC Hall of Fame

Apr 24, 2007
    St. Augustine, FL
    Right back at ya. . . ZZZZZZZZ. Although I'll remember to pull these up the next time I have trouble sleeping. Your posts have a way of numbing the brain in that kind of way. I think I'll just start referring to you as Ambien.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. chemgator

chemgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Someone with experience with both tanks compares the U.S. Abrams tank to Russia's best tank, and its not even close. The Russian tank is compared to being a "mouse", and the Abrams is compared to being a "big cat".

US-made Abrams are better than Russia's best tanks in the war, Ukrainian commander says, and it's not even close

12. chemgator

Apr 3, 2007
    Just the threat of Ukraine using F-16's to kick Russia's azz is driving up international sales for the F-16.

U.S. weapons credibility: enhanced.

Inside The Lockheed Martin Plant That’s Spearheading Resurgent F-16 Sales

It would have been difficult for Lockheed Martin to do this with B-29 bombers if the U.S. had announced that we were going to send B-29 bombers to Ukraine to destroy Russia. You know it would jack up demand, though...

13. chemgator

Apr 3, 2007
    Germany to cut aid to Ukraine 50% next year, figuring that Ukraine will be mopping up the remnants of Russia's military by then. Russia's navy is already defeated. Russia will be paying for their own defeat in the form of frozen Russian assets that will be released to Ukraine. Looks like Putin will get his assets handed to him next year.

https://edition.cnn.com/2024/07/18/europe/ukraine-germany-aid-halved-intl/index.html

• Informative Informative x 1
  14. chemgator

Apr 3, 2007
    Geopolitical expert says that Putin's inability to keep fighting with his navy for Crimea is a clear indication that he is a coward and will back down if you hit him hard enough, and that his threats don't mean anything. Ukraine crossed a red line when it attacked Russia's navy in Crimea, and Putin folded like a cheap suit.

The 'humiliating' retreat of Russia's fleet from Crimea proves its threats don't mean anything, expert says

15. chemgator

Apr 3, 2007
    Either Russia is running low on artillery shells, or Ukraine's new artillery shell supplies are exceeding expectations. At the outset of the war, Russia was firing 7 artillery shells for every one that Ukraine fired. Ukraine had the advantage with more accurate artillery, but Russia was almost able to compensate by sheer numbers. It's a different story now. Russia only fires 3 artillery rounds for every round fired by Ukraine. No telling what percentage of Russia's artillery rounds are North Korean duds, of course.

Ukraine Situation Report: Bloody Battle For Key Fishing Village May Soon Be Over

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  16. chemgator

Apr 3, 2007
    Russian businesses are finding it harder and harder to do business with China, thanks to U.S. sanctions. What a shame.

Russian Firms Find It Increasingly Harder to Get Paid by China

• Like Like x 3
  17. GatorJMDZ

GatorJMDZ gatorjack VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    That's not fair, 92 wouldn't know anything about actually serving this country.

Thank you for your service, by the way.

18. G8trGr8t

G8trGr8t Premium Member

Aug 26, 2008
    Ukranian aircraft aren't getting these opportunities unless they are confident they have eliminated the threat of sams

National Guard aircraft strike 6 Russian strongpoints in a week (msn.com)

Quote: "The National Guard's aircraft continue to destroy the enemy. Over the week, 30 combat sorties were conducted to inflict damage on the enemy, targeting enemy personnel 23 times. Six strongpoints and 14 places used for shelter and evacuation of enemy personnel were hit."

Details: Additionally, Urshalovych said the National Guard's unmanned aircraft conducted 19 sorties for reconnaissance and detection of Russian equipment. As a result, on the Lyman and Kherson fronts, two self-propelled artillery systems, two tanks, nine guns, four armoured combat vehicles, and 42 units of equipment were identified. Artillery units of Ukraine’s defence forces targeted the detected positions.

19. CHFG8R

CHFG8R GC Hall of Fame

Apr 24, 2007
    St. Augustine, FL
    Go look up the latest with the Power of Siberia pipeline. Not only is the CCP requiring Russia to pay for it themselves, they still want to buy at the discount rate. So much winning it hurts.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Gatorhead

Gatorhead GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Philadelphia

I have seen a few stories and pictures of Ski units loading N Korean shells and then the next picture is dead Russians and blasted metal from the shell exploding
    in the breech. I am not sure on the frequency of this, but it certainly would not give me much inspiration to use those shells if I was a ski artilleryman.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1