Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

War in Ukraine

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by PITBOSS, Jan 21, 2022.

1. slayerxing

slayerxing GC Hall of Fame

Aug 14, 2007
    Boom, eat that putin and friends.

• Like Like x 2
  2. NavyGator93

NavyGator93 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 4, 2015
    Georgia
    Why? Either ignorance, trolling or propaganda. I gave up on the Pravda pigeons. They need to let the adults talk.

3. duggers_dad

duggers_dad GC Hall of Fame

Jan 5, 2022
    Yes, Topknot, Russia was defeated in Afghanistan in much the same way we were later defeated in Afghanistan.

And regarding industrial warfare capacity, evidently 35 years was enough time for a fallen Russia to heave itself up off the mat and rain heavy blows on our proxies …

The Return of Industrial Warfare

4. duggers_dad

Jan 5, 2022
  5. slayerxing

Aug 14, 2007
    The frozen assets is actually a big deal. US has about 5 billion of those now, Europe has like 300 billion. Although it might not fund the war effort directly, it may fund repairs to the country and several have suggested this is the pot of money that will be used in reconstruction. Big day today.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  6. GatorJMDZ

GatorJMDZ gatorjack VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    There's a certain symmetry to blowing up Russian combatants with American bombs purchased with Russian money.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2024
    • Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  7. chemgator

chemgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    No, Clownie, the U.S. was not defeated like Russia was. The U.S. had 2459 military deaths in Afghanistan in 20 years. The Russians had about 15,000 soldiers killed in just over 9 years. The U.S. had actually won the military war in Afghanistan, and had trouble keeping the peace, and that's when the U.S. voluntarily left. The Russians never won the military war, and HAD TO evacuate the country, as the losses were unacceptably high, and Gorbachev was too wise a leader to continue a hopeless fight that his predecessors started. They were humiliated by the Afghans and the terrain, even though they refused to allow themselves to be constrained by the Geneva Conventions, like more civilized countries like the U.S. were.

As far as what Russia has been able to do 35 years after the humiliation of a collapsed economy and failed military venture, they have mostly gotten their asses kicked by a much smaller nation with a much smaller military than they have that is using 40-year-old weapons out of warehouses. The Russian navy has been neutered by a country that technically doesn't even have a navy. Their only hope of winning the war is for the U.S. to stop supporting Ukraine. Looks like that is not going to happen. Sad for you.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  8. sierragator

sierragator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Russia's only hope for US aid to Ukraine to cease is if Trump wins in November. The gop would love to pull the plug on Ukraine and gift it to Pootie pie.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. chemgator

Apr 3, 2007
    Ukraine attacks a Russian fuel depot and three electrical sub-stations with long-range drones.

UPDATE 3-Ukrainian drones strike Russian fuel depot, substations in major attack

• Like Like x 1
  10. G8trGr8t

G8trGr8t Premium Member

Aug 26, 2008
    Should US companies that were robbed by Russia be entitled to any ?

11. slayerxing

Aug 14, 2007
    I think you have to prioritize the war effort first, and then Ukraine has been beaten up badly - I think they could use the money for reconstruction more than for profit companies - just my 2 cents.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. duggers_dad

Jan 5, 2022
    Set Russia aside for the moment. I have a question for you
    I suppose the question you need to answer, Lil’ Dubya, is why Murica hasn’t won a war since WWII

https://www.thenation.com/article/world/america-endless-war/

13. chemgator

Apr 3, 2007
    Only an imbecile would claim that the U.S. did not win the first War in Iraq. The U.S. met its objectives, and Iraqi troops were removed from Kuwait, and the Iraqi armed forces were wiped out (about 100,000 killed vs 150 for the U.S.). In actuality, the U.S. won the military portion of the second War in Iraq, but could not win the peace. GWB and Rummy the Dummy were just too stupid. Nevertheless, Iraq has not posed a significant threat to any of its neighbors since. Our military was so good that we won the war with a halfwit as President, and a political hack with almost no military experience as Sec'y of Defense. Wars in the middle east will always be a difficult proposition for a country that abides by the Geneva Conventions, because the insurgents that you'll be fighting sure as hell won't be.

I suppose the question you need to answer, Lil' Dummy, is why you didn't know any of this.

14. slayerxing

Aug 14, 2007
    I can't see the posts, I still have them blocked, but anyone claiming the US didn't win the actual military component of the first Iraq war is just trolling.
    One of the Russian talking points, going all the way back to the beginning of the war, has been to portray the US as military losers, who haven't won anything in decades. They reference Vietnam, Korea, the various adventures in the middle east, etc.
    Even if you don't want to put them on ignore - this is a talking point this is simply ignore-worthy.
    The modern Russian military we have watched the past two years could only hope of carrying out a well-planned operation like desert storm in their wildest dreams.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. GatorJMDZ

GatorJMDZ gatorjack VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    I find it highly offensive when posters like DD or VF use the pronoun "we" when referring to the United States. They are as American as shchi or kasha and as patriotic as Victory Day.

• Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. NavyGator93

NavyGator93 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 4, 2015
    Georgia
    Yeah, ignoring the morons makes this thread much more interesting.
    Also, why are you awake?

17. duggers_dad

Jan 5, 2022
    Or maybe “gift” it to the American people instead of taking it out of their pockets ?

18. duggers_dad

Jan 5, 2022
    You miss a lot when you’re locked in your echo chamber. The article basically suggests that the U.S. won the battle and lost the war. More …

Why We Lost in Iraq and Afghanistan, by Daniel Bolger

19. duggers_dad

Jan 5, 2022
    Jeebus, you even miss a lot when you read the article. And now we’ve been kicked out of Niger.

Why We Lost in Iraq and Afghanistan, by Daniel Bolger

20. ncargat1

ncargat1 VIP Member

Dec 11, 2009
    Question: What did Biden have to do with the FSB arming Russian speakers in Donbas who participated in armed insurrection?

How is Biden linked to the poisoning of pro-western president Yushenko by Russian agents?

What was Biden's connection to Yanukovych being a Russian puppet chased from office for scrapping plans to create deeper ties to NATO?

How is Biden responsible for the Russian invasion and occupation of the Crimea since 2014?

I am serious. I am no expert on Ukraine like you claim to be, but I fail to understand how Biden has much to do with the violence in Ukraine that spans decades before the 2022 invasion of Ukraine by Trump's handlers in Moscow?

Last edited: Apr 21, 2024
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1