Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

War in Ukraine

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by PITBOSS, Jan 21, 2022.

1. 92gator

92gator GC Hall of Fame

Jun 14, 2007
    My line is NATO. That is THE line.

Not interested in what goes on East of that line, other than fostering stability over chaos, for the simple fact of MAD.

(NOW, going outside that region like what the *Soviet Union* was doing in Afghanistan, and meddling by proxy in N. Korea, N. VN, etc, is problematic--which is why we fought those battles (battle fronts of the cold war) to begin with).

Again, they're not sticking their peckers in Mexico or Canada.

If we sought to invade Mexico due to their reckless and in fact, intentional infusion of fentanyl into our country....

Any of Russia's damn business?

(I'm not advocating we invaded Mex, just saying IF...).

2. 92gator

92gator GC Hall of Fame

Jun 14, 2007
    I understand that, I'm just playing out 2 different extremes. One where Russia proceeds to gobble up countries like they did in the early post wwii soviet era on one hand, vs complete collapse.

I'd actually favor the first scenario to the latter.

So yesh, it's not necessarily an either or prop.

....but the paranoia of the first scenario, is repelling resolution in the between grounds, which ushers on the latter extreme for juxtaposition.

Hence the reference to JFK (and contrast to Doh!).

Who (but us Cubans) maintains that JFK capitulated?

The verdict seems clear that JFK was very instrumental in staving off nuclear engagement (...at the bargain price of his life, and my ppl's homeland).

We'd probably have kicked Russia's ass in a nuclear war in 1962!

....and it'd only have cost us our planet.

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. l_boy

l_boy 5500

Jan 6, 2009
    So going into Afghanistan was a problem, but Ukraine, and Syria for that matter, are OK?

From a practical perspective how would it be different if they invaded a NATO country like Latvia or Estonia? Isn’t it better for us to support Ukraine, with no direct troop involvement than the likes of Latvia or Estonia with troops?

I don’t think we can reliably assert he wouldn’t invade a NATO country such as that. By all accounts the invasion of Ukraine was a strategic error, although it appears the Republicans are determined to bail him out and turn it into a very costly victory for them.

4. GatorJMDZ

GatorJMDZ gatorjack VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    You're. Out. Of. Touch. With. Reality.

OK, finally an explanation for your bizarre, twisted sense of history, current events and politics. And for your struggles with the English language.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2024
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  5. BLING

BLING GC Hall of Fame

Apr 16, 2007
    You really aren’t making sense here.

If Ukraine is holding Russia at bay with “army navy surplus crap”, then why in the world would anyone suggest just pulling the plug such that the Russians could instead start making gains or even prevail?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. 92gator

92gator GC Hall of Fame

Jun 14, 2007
    What 'gains' could they start making, if they're easily held at bay with drones and A/N surplus?

Who's not making sense?

7. 92gator

92gator GC Hall of Fame

Jun 14, 2007

Latvia and Estonia are NATO members.

Practically would be the same as officially.

=

We'd be in actual hot war with Russia, no holds barred (ie boots on ground, nukes in the air...).

8. NavyGator93

NavyGator93 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 4, 2015
    Georgia
    Take heart. Anytime you get a neg rating from one of the Putin clan, you know you are on the intelligent track.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  9. duggers_dad

duggers_dad GC Hall of Fame

Jan 5, 2022
    Proud member of the Putin clan. Me shaking hands with Putin …

Attached Files:

10. 92gator

92gator GC Hall of Fame

Jun 14, 2007
    ...said just another cheerleader for the DOH! Biden fanboi club.

ie--the school of thought that holds that the world is on fire under Doh! Biden... because of Donald Trump.

LMAO!

Neg me up smart guy! Show us how brilliant thou art!

11. 92gator

92gator GC Hall of Fame

Jun 14, 2007
    Leftist same as ever:

"We are the solutions to the monumental catastrophes we author! Vote for us!"

Lol!

12. slayerxing

slayerxing GC Hall of Fame

Aug 14, 2007
    compared to the right - who don’t even offer solutions to the catastrophes they author they just move on to the next thing? I have yet to see a coherent Republican option for Russia and Ukraine other than appeasement. Other than that All I see is obstruction and blame.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. duggers_dad

Jan 5, 2022
    Partisanship is blindness. Both parties are thoroughly en thrall to the Military-Industrial Complex.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. duggers_dad

Jan 5, 2022

15. 92gator

92gator GC Hall of Fame

Jun 14, 2007
    Resolution is sitting right there for the taking. Russia keeps its hard as hell fought gain of a sliver half the width of Florida, Ukraine remains indy--and not NATO.

It's been there since like half a million Ukranians ago.

Can't go back in time, but the war was easily avoided--had we a leader that didn't caricature mock and double dog dare his opposite (Putin not Trump--DJT is only his political adversary, but you'd never know that by hearing Doh! Biden drool his vitriol out onto his bib...) into going into Ukraine.

The only meeting I recall douchebag Doh! having in lead up to war, was publicized, via zoom meeting, politicized, and used to mock and dddare putin to go into Ukraine.

No back channel communications a la Kennedy, or respectful dialogue behind the scenes, as with most POTII since him...

Nope. Just ham standing performing for his MIC puppet masters.

• Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 2
  16. danmanne65

danmanne65 GC Hall of Fame

Jul 2, 2022
    DeLand
    I think Iran’s failed attack on Iran. Shows how far ahead the USA is over every other military. (Except for our allies) let’s empty some warehouses and allow Ukraine to finish demilitarizing Russia.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. 92gator

92gator GC Hall of Fame

Jun 14, 2007
    ...or the stupidity of Iran telegraphing their move in advance.

I'd be a bit reluctant to extrapolate Iran's primitivity, to say, China.

Not quite ready to figure the Chicoms are quite as transparent as Iran... or Russia.

But hey, I suppose we can hope...

18. duggers_dad

Jan 5, 2022
    LOL, marinated in Slava Ukraini.

19. duggers_dad

Jan 5, 2022
    Looked up Insanity in the dictionary. It is defined as losing one proxy war after another in hopes of finally winning one.

20. BLING

BLING GC Hall of Fame

Apr 16, 2007
    WUT? Russia has made some recent gains because Ukraine has started having ammo&supply issues in recent months.

At least part of that is due to the U.S. slowing the pipeline of those surplus weapons and not being able to get it’s political act together in congress. U.S. is not the only country supplying them, but let’s not kid ourselves that without the U.S. that Ukraine could likely stand against Russia. If you acknowledge those weapons were working, then surely you must realize to deprive them of those weapons means that Ukraine would have serious issues?