Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

War in Ukraine

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by PITBOSS, Jan 21, 2022.

1. chemgator

chemgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    If right wing republicans want to complain about criminals coming to the U.S. from South America, they should start with the ones coming here legally, like the burglary tourists from Chile. They get a tourist visa to come to the U.S. and rob multi-million dollar homes in California and Arizona. They are more sophisticated than the typical U.S. burglars, wearing ghillie-suits to stake out a home and jammers to defeat security systems. Chile may not be entirely opposed to this activity as it brings millions of dollars into a poor country. Most likely, with a visa and an $8 million payoff from a single burglary, these burglars are not sneaking across the border.

‘They hit the jackpot’: How so-called ‘burglary tourists’ use visa waivers to target luxury US homes | CNN

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. chemgator

Apr 3, 2007
    Russia shows more desperation to end the war before Ukraine gets resupplied, resorting to more war crimes. Russia is apparently dropping grenades containing chemical agents from drones on to Ukrainian positions.

Ukraine says Russian drones have dropped grenades packed with chemical agents hundreds of times in the last month

3. chemgator

Apr 3, 2007
    Russian refineries are having trouble repairing equipment because of sanctions. In one case, a turbine could not be repaired because the only company capable of repairing it is American. Russia's fourth biggest refinery had to cut gasoline production by 40%.

Exclusive-U.S. sanctions hamper Russian efforts to repair refineries, sources say

• Like Like x 2
  4. 92gator

92gator GC Hall of Fame

Jun 14, 2007
    Why not direct this to his analogy that relied on the same premise?

Either way, it's not a matter of whether we can multi task here, it's a matter of priority:

Dems: Ukraine > US

GOP= US > Ukraine.

Let's tend to our own, THEN save da planet.

• Come On Man Come On Man x 4
  5. 92gator

92gator GC Hall of Fame

Jun 14, 2007
    Well looky on heeya...

You've identified another domestic problem we've been ignoring/subordinating to the DOH! Biden money laundering situs known as Ukraine.

Good find!

• Come On Man Come On Man x 3
  6. demosthenes

demosthenes Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Literally the two were in a bill together and the Republicans shot it down.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. demosthenes

demosthenes Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Who, precisely, is ignoring it? How much of an issue, exactly, is it?

8. chemgator

Apr 3, 2007
    Nice try. But let's look beyond the simpleton's point of view. Illegal immigration does not equal "US". The U.S. has a lot of issues, and illegal immigration is just one of them.

This is a bit more detailed and realistic look at the two options:

Dems & intelligent republicans: U.S. & global security and U.S. long-term finances > > porous southern border.

Trump's GOP: Gimme a damn WALL! Sixty feet high, and 2,000 miles long! Keep out the ferners! They're invading, and stealing our prized agricultural and roofing jobs! I don't care about Ukraine, or Europe, or any other place that's not here! Who cares if we have to get into an arms race with Russia, or World War Three? Who cares if we have to bankrupt the nation and bring back double-digit inflation? We have to keep the brown people out! They're taking our jobs! I don't wanna pick cotton. But I'll be damned if I'll let immigrants come in and do it when Americans could be doing it! Next thing you'll be telling me I need to learn how to read! Not happening!

Last edited: Apr 5, 2024
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 2
  9. GatorJMDZ

GatorJMDZ gatorjack VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Wow, we have our own MTG. The vast bulk of our aid to Ukraine is in sending them military equipment. Biden is not writing checks.

I have to keep reminding myself that just because this is a college related board, that doesn't mean the participants necessarily have college degrees.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  10. higator85

higator85 All American

May 20, 2020
    I’m pretty sure some here have Trump U degrees, and some were washed out.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. chemgator

Apr 3, 2007
    What we have heeyah . . . is a failure . . . to communicate! More slander from the crackpots on the right! Do you even know what money laundering is?

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  12. homer

homer GC Hall of Fame

Nov 2, 2015

Let’s do both.

We have materials in warehouses collecting dust. Arms we will never use that are outdated. Why not give them to Ukraine rather than scrap them?

Pubs stopped the border vote they proposed when knucklehead gave the order. They are the obstructors.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2024
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  13. PITBOSS

PITBOSS GC Hall of Fame

Apr 13, 2007
    Agree. example….

“The classic battle-taxi first entered service in 1960, with the U.S. Army…….The United States alone is sending 200 M-113s to Ukraine”

The M-113 Troop-Carrier Is Old And Lightly Armored. It’s Also Helping Ukraine Win The War With Russia.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2024
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. duggers_dad

duggers_dad GC Hall of Fame

Jan 5, 2022
  15. chemgator

Apr 3, 2007
    The curtain is being pulled back on Russia's version of the Wizard of Oz. An interesting article on propaganda and polling in a brutal dictatorship. Apparently, if you want to get the truth from Russians, you need to get them drunk first. Most polling organizations, even in Russia, do not do that. It also helps to look at on-line discourse where people are somewhat shielded from reprisals, because they may indicate the opposite of what polling indicates. Sometimes, what people do is more important than what they say. People are taking on more debt in Russian society as a reaction to inflation, for example, even though the Kremlin encourages people not to.

Also, Russia is getting more creative in its propaganda, using deep-fake videos to blame Ukraine for the concert hall attack, creating a video where the head of Ukraine's National Security Council appears to state that Ukraine will be planning more such "fun" events in the future.

Do Russians Believe Putin's Propaganda?

16. chemgator

Apr 3, 2007
    Another crappy article from the crap-meister! Europe sees Russia invade Ukraine and responds by increasing defense spending (which has been neglected for decades), and this idiot concludes that "globalists are really pushing hard for World War III"? "Every decision they have made so far makes peaceful resolution impossible." What peace are you talking about? The peace where Ukraine gives up the most valuable third of their country, and sits there waiting for the next flimsy excuse for Russia to finish them off? What about Russia? Have they made any decisions that have discouraged peace? Like the decision to invade Ukraine? Get your head out of your azz and stop posting propaganda nonsense. Somebody may not be very bright. In your world, the sky is apparently a shade of blue that prevents European countries from even being prepared to defend themselves from the marauding barbarians from Russia. Europe tried for decades to appease Russia by lying down like defenseless lambs in front of the pack of wolves, and that just made the wolves hungry. Why live in a civilized world when you can learn to speak Russian with a rifle pointed at your head?

Thanks for sharing a good example of Kremlin (or pro-Kremlin) propaganda.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2024
  17. okeechobee

okeechobee GC Hall of Fame

Sep 11, 2022
    @duggers_dad I think @chemgator believes if he simply reposts more articles than you post, his propaganda wins. I have some AI software I can point you to which will find random propaganda pieces to support your position. Sure to bog @chemgator down here all day as he has a coronary every time you post a link.

18. 92gator

92gator GC Hall of Fame

Jun 14, 2007
    Gee sorry, it was implicit, but I guess I assumed too much.

Correction:

Dems= Ukraine BORDER > US BORDER.

GOP = US BORDER > Ukraine BORDER.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. okeechobee

okeechobee GC Hall of Fame

Sep 11, 2022
    It's truly sad that some people cannot discuss a topic without multiple childish insults and ad hominem, especially one which involves a war, thousands of people dying. @chemgator just has to see war so badly that he feels the need to foam at the mouth with every post. I hope he gets some help. It's unhealthy behavior.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  20. AgingGator

AgingGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 24, 2007
    When you can’t win the debate, insult the intelligence of the opposing view.

I wonder when the left will develop new tactics?

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1